Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:34:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: investment  (Read 17398 times)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Re: investment
« Reply #150 on November 24, 2014, 08:14:59 pm by Mr1Croft »
wot uv club

I don't believe there is a model out there which can easily be applied to our club. Each club is different in their demographic, economy and geography which can change the 'foundations' for support.

I do like Swansea's model, fans have managed to keep a large % of shares in the club and their investment is mainly local business with one heck of a Corporate Social Responsibility strategy. For example both them and Swansea were the first clubs in 10 years to reach the PL where their wage bill wasn't higher than their total revenue which was before FFP was fully introduced.

They both would even go on to keep adopting tight wage bills in PL which lead to profits of more than 20% of their revenue which is levels usually unseen in the Premier League.

But could either of those philosophies be applied to DRFC? I doubt it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Model
« Reply #151 on November 24, 2014, 08:57:44 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Back in the dark days at The Vetch, I bet no Swansea fan could imagine what the future held. Where there's a collective vision, there's a way. Let's also remember they've done it gradually on a solid foundation.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on November 24, 2014, 10:05:56 pm by Lifelong supporter »
i would suggest that most people who are talking about investment on here are really talking about short term gambling.

Investment, certainly for the long term, should be put into the club infrastructure and concentrate on the youth and academy setup.

You mean the same investment already previously provided and concentrating on the youth and academy set up that has produced one saleable asset in the last 15 years? That doesn't sound like a great business plan to me.

That's not what I said.

How strange.
My eyes must be going funny.

Obviously! You made a statement based very loosely on what I said. The very fact that you introduced the words 'you mean the' suggests that you interpretated what I said, wrongly as it happens!

Have you ever thought of standing for parliament?

Have you actually though about reading what I wrote instead of trying to find fault at every opportunity? I said ' Investment, certainly for the long term, should be put into the club infrastructure'.

That's a point you continue to ignore, and yet you keep referring to our youth setup over the last 15 years, again something I didn't allude to. I'm quite clearly talking about where I believe the investment should be and not what has gone before. Why are you being so obtuse?

Perhaps you could tell me what you mean by infrastructure...just so we are reading from the same dictionary.
Would that include the youth and academy set up?

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on November 25, 2014, 12:54:47 am by bfdoncaster west »
who  both them

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on November 25, 2014, 06:59:50 am by acko »
true what you say sammie but crewes supply seems to have dried up and you dont have to go too far back when crewe where constantly appling for reelection(the days before auto promotion to football league)but they are now in decline again this is partly due that the bigger clubs have better acadamys and pay better wages,since the introdution of youth acadamy football restricted to higher division clubs more and more lads are being recruited by them,didnt i read somewhere chelsea had over 30 of there lads out on loan,man unt sending there lads to play in belgium.football is changing fast and teams like crewe are beginning to see this,within the next 10years premership will be two divisions and if your not up there your days will be numbered

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on November 25, 2014, 07:40:58 am by hoolahoop »
who mode wood you flolow

Com(e)mode again ? Are we now dyslaexic as well ?
Rob, ban me if you like but you have to put a stop to this. This forum is becoming unintelligible.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on November 25, 2014, 07:48:47 am by bpoolrover »
Hoola not nice mate it's easy to ignore something if you don't like it

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on November 25, 2014, 06:53:21 pm by i_ateallthepies »
You're not on your own Hoola, it is really getting under my skin too but I've chosen to keep my trap shut up to now for the sake of keeping the peace.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on November 25, 2014, 07:05:16 pm by bpoolrover »
Lets hope none of your family have any problems and come on this forum maybe people should have took the piss when hoola was ill

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on November 25, 2014, 07:13:30 pm by graingrover »
 If the guy is dyslexic he  can get help but not from posting on here .

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on November 25, 2014, 07:15:30 pm by bpoolrover »
So should he not post on here? Should all disabled fans be banned from this forum?

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on November 26, 2014, 11:17:15 pm by bfdoncaster west »
wot do i post that palple do not like

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on November 26, 2014, 11:42:29 pm by BobG »
Don't worry Brendan. It's just a few people letting off steam when they should know better. You carry on mate. I think you are really very brave indeed.

Cheers

BobG

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #163 on November 27, 2014, 07:05:56 am by graingrover »
Rushden and Diamonds did have a philanthropic billionaire in Max Griggs the owner of Doc Martens . He invested invested invested . The club was created from scratch , had a new stadium purpose built for them and they progressed into the football league . The club was not sustainable because it had very poor support despite the success . In the end Max Griggs gave the club to the fans ... sadly it is now defunct but not for lack of interest from the billionaire but because there were not enough people wanted to watch them.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on November 27, 2014, 07:25:46 am by Sprotyrover »
Doc Martins going out of fashion did Griggs legs!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on November 27, 2014, 07:43:57 am by hoolahoop »
Lets hope none of your family have any problems and come on this forum maybe people should have took the piss when hoola was ill

Maybe they should have bpool or maybe they could help him a tad like they did in his basketball thread.  :huh:

As for me , I'm well thanks just waiting for the snow and ice so that I can slide my way around painlessly. Would be nice to sit more than 5 minutes to catch a live game watching the team I love too ......its been 18 long months ;) There you are an update for you.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on November 27, 2014, 10:46:22 am by bpoolrover »
What if there is no1 around to help him should he not post just to please you

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on November 27, 2014, 12:20:15 pm by bfdoncaster west »
why do you post if your well thanks

TinyPortal © 2005-2012