Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:19:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Radio Sheffield  (Read 3620 times)

bobbymax

• VSC Member
Radio Sheffield
« on December 04, 2014, 02:04:31 pm by bobbymax »
How significant is it that, 24 hours after an entertaining if frustrating local derby, there wasn't a single call or text from a Barnsley or Rovers fan on Wednesday night's Football Heaven.
Were they not being put through - or has everybody with a proper club to support simply had enough of the unashamed bias towards everything Sheffield (the Piggies are the Manchester United of League 1 you know!).
First time I've actually played it back on iplayer for months and I won't bother again. It even took them 57 minutes to play a Dickov interview.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

timdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: Radio Sheffield
« Reply #1 on December 04, 2014, 02:08:32 pm by timdrfc »
It's shameful the lack of coverage we get, no one is saying we want massive amounts just enough to keep us listening in.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 04, 2014, 02:27:40 pm by Boomstick »
f**king hate their bias towards the shitfield clubs.

The station should be called radio south Yorkshire. Because the majority of people that it serves live OUTSIDE of shitfield 

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 04, 2014, 02:48:40 pm by GazLaz »
If more Rovers fans rang up we would get more coverage.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 04, 2014, 03:00:57 pm by wing commander »
  Yes I agree,it's easy to blame everybody else but I don't think many bother ringing in..I've been on both times I tried too...

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 04, 2014, 03:05:57 pm by RJHeader »
  Yes I agree,it's easy to blame everybody else but I don't think many bother ringing in..I've been on both times I tried too...

Yep as have i. Rang twice and got on both times

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 04, 2014, 04:13:37 pm by selby »
Iwas told at five to six they would ring me back and they did not the last time i rang. i made the mistake of saying i was a Donny fan in the Ched Evans era (5 weeks).
     The station definatly have favoured the two Sheffield teams more this season the back up teams you contact see to it.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 04, 2014, 04:18:50 pm by Al4475 »
Most of my texts to em are read out and when I've rung I've gotten on! However a few texts that maybe didn't follow their viewpoint on drfc didn't so maybe they let the sheff teams' fans debate but only let through the other teams' perspectives if they toe the 'radio sheff understands' line!

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 04, 2014, 04:50:52 pm by bobbymax »
I'm not saying you won't get on if you try. It just seemed an indication about the apathy surrounding the station that nobody except Blades' fans thought it worth the effort.
Personally, I think any broadcaster that gives air time to that numpty Brian The Blade deserves to crash and burn.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 04, 2014, 04:58:09 pm by Filo »
I'm not saying you won't get on if you try. It just seemed an indication about the apathy surrounding the station that nobody except Blades' fans thought it worth the effort.
Personally, I think any broadcaster that gives air time to that numpty Brian The Blade deserves to crash and burn.

Thats why I don't bother with football heaven much, Brian is taking the piss out of them and they still let him on, Mark the pittsmoor owl is another numpty

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 04, 2014, 05:02:05 pm by Colin C No.3 »
I once rang on the way home from a game & got straight through. Unfortunately I'd dialled the wrong number. I was actually after The Samaritans :rolleyes:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 04, 2014, 05:05:47 pm by Filo »
I once rang on the way home from a game & got straight through. Unfortunately I'd dialled the wrong number. I was actually after The Samaritans :rolleyes:

Someone gave me a card at the last home game for the samaritans, I think it's still in my coat pocket, I think they like to target their customers

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 04, 2014, 06:25:46 pm by Red wizard »
If more Rovers fans rang up we would get more coverage.
f***ing hate their bias towards the shitfield clubs.

The station should be called radio south Yorkshire. Because the majority of people that it serves live OUTSIDE of shitfield 
What a load of rubbish. When i have called i have got on every time. We get a lot of live games on dab which is better than fm. They can't make rovers fans call in can they? Sheff wed and united have more fans than us so sill get a bigger % calliung in.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 04, 2014, 07:49:55 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Rang RS probably 300 plus times and only never got on once. That was an evening when the blades sacked their manager immediately after a game. Yes Wendies and blades do take up the majority of the show. I was on the show this evening and given ample time to put over my point of view.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 04, 2014, 08:03:44 pm by bobjimwilly »
I was on the show this evening and given ample time to put over my point of view.

You sounded good on the radio - we should look at doing some sort of Viking Chat Radio or something ;)

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 04, 2014, 08:14:20 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Would be a privilege

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 04, 2014, 10:43:24 pm by BobG »
If folk are so depressed about percieved 'lack of coverage' surely it's not beyond the wit of man to a) keep an updated list of things to talk about on here somewhere, and b), have a rota of folk willing to call in. That way we could even get some data to prove or disprove the currently wild allegation that we don't get much coverage.

Bobg

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 05, 2014, 04:58:15 am by godlike1 »
When trax fm do their weekly show why don't they give fans a chance to ring in?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 05, 2014, 08:31:15 am by Glyn_Wigley »
When trax fm do their weekly show why don't they give fans a chance to ring in?

How many people listen to it though...and of those, how many are likely to ring in? It could be a bit embarrassing for them to set aside time for calls only to have to sit there waiting for one...

docothered

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 05, 2014, 09:01:54 am by docothered »
I was driving on Wednesday using the  hands free kit when I rang up and said I want to leave a comment on how  good rover's played second half on Tuesday and was it all about  Sheffield United  tonight ,he said  that's all how has rang up  I was the 1st  donny fan  my comment didn't get  mentioned I've said it that many times that some kind of media offcom needs to look into the bias that this so called  radio station shows to the  Sheffield teams but nothing will happen unless we all  ring them and complain in numbers

retford rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 05, 2014, 09:18:10 am by retford rover »
On the competitons we normally get between 4-12 people entering, but many same people each week, difference with trax is they have to get the quota of adverts in, as that what pays the bills, it would be good if we can get a couple of questions phoned in per week, i will ask warren if this is possible,  and try to get P
Paul Dickov on the show.  but at the Keepmoat Sheffield pull the strings on interviews, trax can only get managers hardly get a player nowdays, as normally not allowed to go into the tunnel to do interviews.  we used to do players interviews on the pitch.
 :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012