Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:22:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: De Val  (Read 2719 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
De Val
« on December 09, 2014, 10:44:38 pm by Filo »
Tonight we saw why De Val probably sits behind Wellens Keegan and Furman in the pecking order for the CM positions, he was awful!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnybax

• Forum Member
Re: De Val
« Reply #1 on December 09, 2014, 10:45:48 pm by Donnybax »
Another that is painfully unfit. What do they do in training?

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 09, 2014, 10:51:41 pm by Askern_reds »
For one ,training alone does not make you match fit .playing games does that ,he needs game time m8

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 09, 2014, 11:04:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Playing games makes you match sharp. Running f**king hard in training makes you match fit.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 09, 2014, 11:05:18 pm by bedale rover »
Thought that Robinson and Main didn't help de val (and the rest of the team) by hardly winning a challenge getting a shot away or having any sort of presence at all

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 09, 2014, 11:07:21 pm by RobTheRover »
I thought De Val was good first half, moved the ball around well and only gave it away once (unlike others, yes I'm looking at you, Curtis "cant hold a ball up to save my life" Main), but faded badly in the 2nd half.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 09, 2014, 11:23:48 pm by Donnyrovers »
Hard to judge him based on one game when Keegan and Wellens have had their fair share of shit games this season. As for fitness of the players that's one of the things Oldham fans said about Dickov that their players never looked as fit as the opposition.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 09, 2014, 11:25:46 pm by Dagenham Rover »
get  Mal whosit back

ferribyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 09, 2014, 11:28:23 pm by ferribyrover »
de val was poor tonight.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 09, 2014, 11:38:00 pm by eastender »
Thought that Robinson and Main didn't help de val (and the rest of the team) by hardly winning a challenge getting a shot away or having any sort of presence at all

I might have fell a sleep and missed it , but did either Main or Robinson have an attempt at goal all night ?

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 09, 2014, 11:42:03 pm by goalkick »
 Simply no.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 10, 2014, 08:31:40 am by DRNaith »
Main blazed one over in the first half.

Anyone else notice that as soon as Coppinger and Wellens came on, the whole team started passing to feet and keeping the ball on the ground, even before either of the two subs had touched the ball?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 10, 2014, 09:30:32 am by IDM »

Anyone else notice that as soon as Coppinger and Wellens came on, the whole team started passing to feet and keeping the ball on the ground, even before either of the two subs had touched the ball?

Absolutely!

In called that one at half time - I said to my dad if nowt changes after 10/15 get Wellens and Copps on.  Surprised de Val didn't get taken off for Keegs at the same time.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 10, 2014, 11:07:18 am by roversontheup »
Yes DRNaith I noticed that. Within a minute of those two coming on we had the best attacking move of the game thus far and neither of them actually touched the ball! The switch just seemed to motivate the rest of the players.

I just don't really understand what the problem is at home. I believe we have players who are well capable of playing so much better than they currently are. So what is stopping them? I don't buy into the theory that they don't do the correct training or get the right tactics or motivation.  They are professional sportsmen. As such they are capable of getting the best out of themselves. All you folk out there who play Amateur sport, do you need spoon feeding? Do you need motivating? Can you go out and play to your potential without too much I put from your coach?

Am I missing something?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 10, 2014, 11:30:27 am by GazLaz »
The fact we improved when two of our best players came on tells you one thing, it's our lack of quality that is the problem not the manager.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 10, 2014, 12:12:24 pm by turnbull for england »
Whilst it was never going to be a classic last night ( wind rain cold small crowd) the lack of urgency from both sides was surprising, it looked like if someone had offered penalties after 15 mins they would have been accepted so they could just get it over with
When our subs came on the  team visibly lifted, like they had discovered the belief they could play and started to pass and move and look to create a threat  and it looked to me like there would only be one winner till their goal and it faded again.

Its beyond me how the forwards can be held responsible  with the service they got  last  night   Messi would struggle to get 10 a season with the support from Evina  who seemed incapable of taking a man on, a forward pass or even a cross  on a night when balls into the box would have created chaos, ah well roll on Saturday

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 10, 2014, 05:37:15 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Yes DRNaith I noticed that. Within a minute of those two coming on we had the best attacking move of the game thus far and neither of them actually touched the ball! The switch just seemed to motivate the rest of the players.

I just don't really understand what the problem is at home. I believe we have players who are well capable of playing so much better than they currently are. So what is stopping them? I don't buy into the theory that they don't do the correct training or get the right tactics or motivation.  They are professional sportsmen. As such they are capable of getting the best out of themselves. All you folk out there who play Amateur sport, do you need spoon feeding? Do you need motivating? Can you go out and play to your potential without too much I put from your coach?

Am I missing something?

No you're not missing something mate.  You're bang on.  The kind of motivation needed to keep bursting your lungs for 90 minutes is something that comes from within.  I didn't see much evidence of it last night.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012