Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:26:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Kids for a Quid permanent  (Read 3125 times)

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
Kids for a Quid permanent
« on December 11, 2014, 11:58:39 pm by Tiddysdad »
I fell in love with Rovers as a boy watching them at Bellevue - we didn't win everything but we did win so I had the experience of walking home with a big smile on my face. The kids who have been coming down to the Keepmoat for the last two seasons haven't had that experience - Not many kids travel away either. I feel that we must paper the seats with School groups for free or make kids for a quid permanent to try and keep parents bringing there children and their mates down. If a kid can bring a friend with them it may make the present home performances more tolerable for the youngsters. We need to secure our future fans.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Hag

• Forum Member
Re: Kids for a Quid permanent
« Reply #1 on December 12, 2014, 12:10:58 am by Hag »
Good idea, definitely got to do something, lot's of the kids are brought up on Sky, which is probably just going to make it worse and worse!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 12, 2014, 07:37:34 am by Chris Black come back »
I'll take three. Got a chimney needs sweeping.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 12, 2014, 09:58:05 am by acko »
the main problem with this as i see it where do you put these kids,if they havent got season tickets and you have it will probably mean the kid wont be able to sit with you,when it was a quid a kid years ago a t belle vue i took my grand kids and they now are big supporters,then my nephews all are now season ticket holders.yes a good idea but the logistics will need sorting

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 12, 2014, 10:58:36 am by wesisback »
My understanding is that 'quid a kid' is going on all season in the East Stand when accompanied by a full paying adult?

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 12, 2014, 11:26:45 am by not on facebook »
My understanding is that 'quid a kid' is going on all season in the East Stand when accompanied by a full paying adult?

There is the problem  'your understanding'

Quids for kids should be addvertised very strongly ,why dont Club take a
Page out in that free  newspaper that many clubs and pubs Get the entertainer i think Its called.

Along with a page  free press once a month etc etc

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 12, 2014, 02:11:14 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Because Oslo, someone would have to do some forward planning and thinking for that.
And it's not as though there hasn't been plenty of ideas put on this forum either. Sammy Chung puts loads of ideas on here which are worth developing, either no-one at the club reads the forum or they don't give a ****

Keep plugging though. Hopefully one day we may start promoting the club better. I believe we have a new marketing manager now who presumably will have had to present his vision for the future for the club at his interview.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 12, 2014, 04:40:30 pm by silent majority »

Spot on Wes. The club have been doing the permanent 'quid a kid' for a while.

I guarantee there are a lot of ticket incentives and initiatives that most match going supporters are not aware of, that's not because the club aren't doing the right marketing but because they are. Marketing, certainly in a sports environment, can waste most of the budget when using the broad brush techniques that are usually suggested. Targeted marketing campaigns maximise that budget and inform the people who need to be informed.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 12, 2014, 05:00:29 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Spot on Wes. The club have been doing the permanent 'quid a kid' for a while.

I guarantee there are a lot of ticket incentives and initiatives that most match going supporters are not aware of, that's not because the club aren't doing the right marketing but because they are. Marketing, certainly in a sports environment, can waste most of the budget when using the broad brush techniques that are usually suggested. Targeted marketing campaigns maximise that budget and inform the people who need to be informed.

Targeted marketing is important however some thing like this needs to be made known to the diehard fans as well, I'm known as a Donny fan in the club quite often asked who we playing Saturday, how much is it nowadays, if I can turn round and say 20 quid but you can take your young un's  with you for a quid each....

If we don't know we can't say!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 12, 2014, 05:39:32 pm by silent majority »
Yes I appreciate that John.

One of the first things we discussed under #IRWT was a simple price structure, which is why we did away with match categories. If you remember we had 3 types, A,B,C and the price for a game could range from 15 to £28. Having one price means we can always tell people how much it is without having to research individual games.

But as I said before you wont be able to remember all the ticket incentives so where do you draw the line?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 12, 2014, 06:00:35 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Yes I appreciate that John.

One of the first things we discussed under #IRWT was a simple price structure, which is why we did away with match categories. If you remember we had 3 types, A,B,C and the price for a game could range from 15 to £28. Having one price means we can always tell people how much it is without having to research individual games.

But as I said before you wont be able to remember all the ticket incentives so where do you draw the line?

The simple pricing is a big improvement on what was in place.

I know we wouldn't be able to remember all incentives but most of them we see advertised are for single games, require vouchers etc etc .

As the quid a kid is permanent shout it from the rooftops  target everybody just so people know about it

As we say targeted  marketing does work but the quid a kid should be targeting everybody, old buggers so they can fetch grandkids, Dads so they can fetch their own kids and they might even fetch their kids mate (s)  kids so they can persuade Dad to take them

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 12, 2014, 06:48:28 pm by DonnyRTID »
I don't get why the offer isn't open to season ticket holders.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 12, 2014, 08:08:37 pm by southwestexile »
A couple of seasons ago I turned up to buy tickets on the day for myself, my wife and 3 year old son. The ticket seller asked if I had a coupon for the child ticket - to reduce price from £11 to £1. I didn't as I  don't live in Donny and knew nothing of the coupon but I though that they'd just charge a quid anyway considering I was handing over £50+ (my wife and son not really that bothered tbh). Not a chance. Charged £63 for the match.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 12, 2014, 09:14:56 pm by nice one rovers »
I don't get why the offer isn't open to season ticket holders.

Yeah, its annoying, seeing as I paid £70 for my kid's season ticket.  Also , I am STILL waiting to hear anything about the £50 refund from my season ticket for being a VSC member. It sounded like a good offer, but seems it was a con ,now that they've got my money. If I don't get it, I certainly will not be renewing next year.

Hag

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 12, 2014, 11:01:08 pm by Hag »
As the quid a kid is permanent shout it from the rooftops  target everybody just so people know about it

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 12, 2014, 11:26:40 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I'm not actually sure the ticket office staff know all the promotions I have in the the past bought my lad what should have been a young adult fiver ticket and been charged the tenner adult price.
I've not been overly bothered  about it so far, but I've come home checked the official site and found I was correct!

Too much too complicated even though it is a lot better without the categories

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 13, 2014, 06:36:19 am by 1879Rovers »
How about giving schools tickets. A few hundred tickets for each home game in a certain area. What they lose on ticket revenue, they will make up on merchandise and at the food kiosk.

We have to think of where the next generation of fan is coming from before they are taken off by the lure of the Sheffield clubs and Leeds. We had too many years where we lost a whole generation of fans to our neighbours.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012