Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:06:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tactically clueless!!  (Read 5753 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Tactically clueless!!
« Reply #30 on December 15, 2014, 12:52:13 pm by dickos1 »
I agree with you filo, but that's not job done for keegan. He should be stopping the cross

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 15, 2014, 01:01:22 pm by RJHeader »
When defending you should let a player get from 40 yards out, to the edge of your own box without making any effort to stop him? And then let him beat you and get a shot/cross in?!

I wouldnt want you playing CDM in my side!

Just what has he done right? He gets beat far too easily. If he stops the counter attack straight away then he is 35/40 yards out. But he decides to do it on the edge of his own box!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on December 15, 2014, 01:26:24 pm by Filo »
I agree with you filo, but that's not job done for keegan. He should be stopping the cross

You forget he's not a RB, HE's not used to players running at him at pace comming into the box, thats not his game, he forced the player to go wider resulting in the player scuffing his shot, and don't forget he's had to shift over to cover Wabarra resulting in the player already having space to run into

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 15, 2014, 01:32:45 pm by RJHeader »

You forget he's not a RB, HE's not used to players running at him at pace comming into the box, thats not his game, he forced the player to go wider resulting in the player scuffing his shot, and don't forget he's had to shift over to cover Wabarra resulting in the player already having space to run into

He's played over 200 games, dont give me that he isnt used to players running at him when he's a CDM!!

You say he forced him wide, yet he starts near the touchline and ends up in the box! If you're doing that, and actually showing him wide then you close him down to show him the touchline. You cant do it on the edge of your box!

Its bewildering you are defending him

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on December 15, 2014, 01:53:03 pm by dickos1 »

He doesn't need to be a right back to know in that situation his job is to stop the shot/cross.
I've played centre mid all my life and occasionally right back, and it was always drummed into players to stop the cross.
In that situation he should've done more to stop the shot

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 15, 2014, 02:00:08 pm by RJHeader »
Ah but Filo 'understands the role of a deep lying central midfielder'

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on December 16, 2014, 12:28:42 am by RoversAlias »
Clueless is in the thread title, and clueless is clearly in the comments too.

Keegan is one of my favourite players but to suggest he wasn't at fault for the first goal is ludicrous in my opinion. He backtracked and backtracked until the player was upon the box, then failed to block his cross/shot that assisted the goal. No, he isn't responsible for Stevens being beaten at the back post but he surely is for letting the Gills player come all that way and set him up.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on December 17, 2014, 12:25:27 pm by graingrover »
You could have put 100 Xmas cribs on our left wing on Saturday and they would not have been disturbed .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012