Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:17:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: reading and similarities  (Read 5148 times)

acko

• Forum Member
Re: reading and similarities
« Reply #30 on December 16, 2014, 06:15:38 pm by acko »
just a thought copps isnt john ryan still a major shareholder of the club is he not owed money by the club,and didnt mr bramhall say at a meeting with fans say if ryan asked for his debt back the club would go into administration,so if i am right on any of what ive said ryan is far from histoy and deserves our respect

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on December 16, 2014, 06:33:18 pm by roversdude »
bournemoth and brentford top six both finished below us 18months ago,must be good to have a board with vision and accept investment
Any excuse to dig at the board

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Confusing
« Reply #32 on December 16, 2014, 06:51:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'd be very intested to hear acko's list of priorities for turning around the club's fortunes. Take your time, just tell us 5 key things you think should happen.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 16, 2014, 07:29:18 pm by les@donr »
I can see us getting a spanking on Saturday against Swindon, I then  the Board will be forced to act.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 16, 2014, 07:35:22 pm by acko »
only 5 baz 1/sack dikov2/bramhall to leave/3 watson to leave/4/blunt to leave/5/baldwin to leave.thats 5.but i think you asked the question and wanted a serious answer,1/listen to what the supporters are saying,2/put the club doncaster idea on the back burner.3/say what kind of budgett we have not this crap of how it compares with other clubs4/either back the manager or sack him if its sack him give the new man the finance needed to sustain a challenge,5/ and finally the board should sit down with ryan a major shareholder and with tomlinson and settle their differences after all its the season of goodwill

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on December 16, 2014, 07:42:28 pm by Jenny »
just a thought copps isnt john ryan still a major shareholder of the club is he not owed money by the club,and didnt mr bramhall say at a meeting with fans say if ryan asked for his debt back the club would go into administration,so if i am right on any of what ive said ryan is far from histoy and deserves our respect

What about the money that TB and DE are owed by the club? Do they deserve it back to?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on December 16, 2014, 07:48:30 pm by RobTheRover »
Canadian, thats really unfair to ask Martin to answer on Dickov one way or the other.   In the eyes of some on here, and most certainly on the Facebook group, Martin cannot have a personal opinion.  Whenever Martin gives his opinion it somehow becomes the view of the VSC. 

I've stated many times that the VSC board don't always agree on everything and we reach a measured consensus through debate, yet this gets ignored or overlooked.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on December 16, 2014, 07:52:13 pm by acko »
sorry ienny they are still here,if they leave they deserve their money back,the point is as far as we know ryan as never asked for it,but if i was treat like he as and is being treat by certain factors i would want my money back

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on December 16, 2014, 08:05:08 pm by Jenny »
They won't get their money when they leave though, so why should JR?

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on December 16, 2014, 08:25:38 pm by acko »
on the other hand jenny if the clubs fortune changes they would get it back and as its down as a lone a sale of club could get their money back but i think its a poor attitude to lend money to anything or anybody to say you not getting it back why should you

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on December 16, 2014, 08:49:15 pm by Canadian Rover »
Canadian, thats really unfair to ask Martin to answer on Dickov one way or the other.   In the eyes of some on here, and most certainly on the Facebook group, Martin cannot have a personal opinion.  Whenever Martin gives his opinion it somehow becomes the view of the VSC. 

I've stated many times that the VSC board don't always agree on everything and we reach a measured consensus through debate, yet this gets ignored or overlooked.

Fair Do's

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on December 16, 2014, 09:02:42 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Acko. There are terms to these loans. They don't enter in to these agreements blindly and they know that cannot demand instant repayment of the loans as they know that such an action would put the club in jeopardy.

The fact is acko, JR walked away. When he came back with the second bid (The Crowdfunder bid) TB and DW publicly stated they would write off their loans should the sale be completed.

When push came to shove of course JR, when challenged by the FL to come back with more robust plan/proof of funding, he walked away again. At this point it became clear the takeover WAS dependant on external funding (Crowdfunder or A N Other mystery source who wishes to remain anonymous) which failed to meet it's target. Louis then admitted he had been misled believing the takeover was not dependant on 'other funding'

So, just to address point 5 of your plan. Why would JR come back to the table again if he does not have the resources to add further finance. (In a scanario of him coming back as a director, I assume he would have to go the the same/similar directors tests)

Why would LT be involved when he was not financing any of the takeover, and how trusting would he be if he felt he'd already been misled?

The reality of the here and know acko is we're f**cked without TB and DW whether we like it or not.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on December 16, 2014, 09:25:43 pm by acko »
 i understand what you say baz but the point being ryan is still a major shareholder with an outstanding loan to the club i dont know what agreement that was,and tomlinson might like to invest  if asked, i havent read anywhere that baldwin,blunt or young watson went to any league meeting to become directors.surely ryans experiance could be invaluble to assist to turn things round nobody ever said he was skint but like alot of buissness people assets is their fortune.and as you say without tb and dw we are f----- but we seem to be with them

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on December 16, 2014, 10:22:16 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I don't disagree with you acko but you must remember he didn't have to walk away. He made a choice.

For what it's worth, in my own humble opinion, I don't think he really wanted to resign and I'm pretty damn sure he wouldn't have wanted the current outcome however, he took a gamble. Whatsmore, I believe he was 'advised' to resign, and badly advised at that, by someone who had much to gain and little to lose (a bit like your divorce lawyer) and that led to the acrimonious divorce we have seen unravell.

It's like when you're kids and your parents divorce. You don't understand the ins and out's and are not old enough to take it all in. You're then pulled between one parent or another. As fans, we are the kids, the victims, and maybe on day we'll understand.   

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on December 16, 2014, 10:41:32 pm by DonnyOsmond »
i understand what you say baz but the point being ryan is still a major shareholder with an outstanding loan to the club i dont know what agreement that was,and tomlinson might like to invest  if asked, i havent read anywhere that baldwin,blunt or young watson went to any league meeting to become directors.surely ryans experiance could be invaluble to assist to turn things round nobody ever said he was skint but like alot of buissness people assets is their fortune.and as you say without tb and dw we are f----- but we seem to be with them

Pretty sure JR said he was done with football and it was his choice to leave anyway. I'd say just move on personally mate.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 10:47:42 pm by DonnyOsmond »

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on December 16, 2014, 10:46:09 pm by steve@dcfd »

The reality of the here and know acko is we're f**cked without TB and DW whether we like it or not.

Very true Baz and JR whether some supporters like it or not as not got the financial resources to do any thing about the situation.

We are stuck with TB and DW they will make the decisions how the club progresses or not. We the supporters can debate, argue, name call in some cases, say what we would like, but the owners and directors of our club will do it their way.

That's Club Doncaster first as always.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 10:57:56 pm by steve@dcfd »

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on December 16, 2014, 10:46:55 pm by Jenny »
on the other hand jenny if the clubs fortune changes they would get it back and as its down as a lone a sale of club could get their money back but i think its a poor attitude to lend money to anything or anybody to say you not getting it back why should you

I'll eat my hat if DW/TB get back what they have put into the club over the last 8 years when they sell. The share capital and outstanding loans that they have will far exceed what someone is prepared to pay, especially when you throw in the minority shareholders and JRs loan too.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on December 16, 2014, 11:00:38 pm by DRFCSouth »
Must be rare that anyone would ever get back what they put in. Its hardly a profit making, or even break even type of business. (in terms of the owners investment that is)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on December 16, 2014, 11:02:53 pm by bobjimwilly »
no-one seems to have mentioned the biggest similarity between Rovers and the biscuitmen:

HOOPS!  :woot:

:coat:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 11:10:13 pm by bobjimwilly »

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on December 17, 2014, 12:34:40 am by BobG »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012