Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 09:56:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Young supporters  (Read 7134 times)

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
Young supporters
« on December 20, 2014, 10:02:56 pm by Askern_reds »
Now then tell the truth ? R the youngens worse now than we were ? I don't think so , even the songs we use to sing would get us locked up  these days remember pitch invasions , the aggro toe to toe battleing there was plenty Especially local Derbys, allways a comp who could take each other's cop and different fans meeting on a train st was allways a buzz , hope it just wasn't me who enjoyed it , don't think half of that goes off now,so come on give you honest opinions on today's youth who follow the rovers

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

southwestexile

• Forum Member
Re: Young supporters
« Reply #1 on December 20, 2014, 10:07:50 pm by southwestexile »
What's the point of this thread?

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 20, 2014, 10:15:06 pm by Askern_reds »
The point been made is the moaning of young fans and there behaviour , at today's games ?im only saying or asking fans to be honest  and own up that there behaviour was far worse?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 20, 2014, 10:38:30 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Who cares? Age is just a number.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 20, 2014, 10:50:32 pm by Boomstick »
It's a good topic, there are lots of silly old duffers on this forum, I'd also like to know what their view on the younger generation of fans is.

They wouldn't have been saints either in their youth.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 20, 2014, 10:52:07 pm by Askern_reds »
I know age is just a number.but the fact is people forget what they did ? Yet they choose to belittle others I'm only asking for fans to be honest

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 20, 2014, 10:55:12 pm by Silkscarf »
If today's young morons make you feel better about being a moron yourself in the 1970s/1980s/1990s then bully for you.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 20, 2014, 11:09:04 pm by Askern_reds »
No they don't make me feel better, but I won't belittle  what they do because I'm not a hypocrite ? You know yourself things we're far worse  back then , iff your old enough to remember ? Not been funny. I've only put this on because I'm listening to someone talking as if butter wouldn't melt in his mouth and it's really getting up my nose

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 20, 2014, 11:15:08 pm by Askern_reds »
Exactly boomstick

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 20, 2014, 11:16:17 pm by Silkscarf »
"Not been funny" - oh the irony, but it's always lost on those who say this.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 20, 2014, 11:26:22 pm by Askern_reds »
They won't own up though boostick

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 20, 2014, 11:38:57 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I think half the problem is in the "old days" there was no cctv in stadiums, no coppers videoing fans, no cctv in stadiums and you could "get  away" with it,  nowadays theres cctv everywhere and 95% of the the time you will be caught not at the time like the old days, but days or weeks after you get  a knock on the door, and I would suggest most of the older heads actually realise this and try to pass it on allbeit sometimes in a condescending way

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 20, 2014, 11:54:21 pm by Askern_reds »
Yes I no but ,your missing the point oldens avin ago when they forget there history and I actually no the first fan to be done by cctv

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 21, 2014, 12:16:20 am by wesisback »
Absolutely not! Best post on here for a while! It's an absolute fact that the Keepmoat has left the majority of our young fans absolutely bored out of their heads. The difference is that I have faith in Ryan Murrant to grab this by the scruff of the neck and sort it out. Lets get the atmosphere back and the faith in our young fans back and we'll start to move forward as a club, demolish the divide and improve our home form as a result.
Onward and upwards!
IRWT!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 21, 2014, 01:43:52 am by IDM »
I don't mind "young fans" - we were all young once and we all grew out of whatever behaviours we had then.

I don't get the "bored" argument, except if they don't like the football.  I used to go to watch the game, and still do!

I am all for safe standing, and/or areas in the stadium where it is known or even planned for a certain section of fans to choose to congregate to chant, sing etc.  No problem with that at all.

I don't think we need pyros to add atmosphere, nor having a scrap (never got involved in that myself).

I do think there is a lack of patience in the youth today that is influenced and made worse by social media - there is a feeling that we want success and we want it now.  Also, for the younger fans, they will have only known success in the main and championship football so can be understandably dissollusioned now - however I would recommend they take on board the experiences of those of us who have seen DRFC much worse, and be a little patient.

We have a big enough ground, plenty of scope for all types of supporters to be welcome.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 21, 2014, 07:16:06 am by southwestexile »
All Rovers together but if someone is a dick then they're a dick, doesn't matter how old they are. When someone refers to young uns in the negative it probably relates to some t**tish behaviour. The young bit is largely irrelevant, albeit perhaps makes it more excusable as you'd expect young people to make a few mistakes. When it becomes the norm it's an issue.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 21, 2014, 07:47:50 am by acko »
i am one of those silly old duffers as you call us,and maybe its names like that why the younger generation dont get the respect.but as you rightly point out its not something thats just started.but as i have said before on here i have been going to football for too many years and when i started there was no trouble and supporters used to mingle together have a good day out and still be freinds at the end.what went wrong i dont know i dont think it was just a football thing as more of a society thing with football taking the blame.they were bad days and as ive said before i was only 8 when i started but i felt safe,but when i first took my son it could be quiet frightening.the segregationstarted fences went up we had a big cage at belle vue.but i think the hllsboro incident shown the barriers and fences what a danger they could be.but again i dont know why things got better the hooligan element ceased to be with odd exemptions,and football again became a place you could be safe,again with odd exeptions.but dont you young think that us old duffers dont like our football because we do.all i ask treat people withh respect and you will get respect back.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 21, 2014, 08:40:53 am by Jimmydee »
Bored????   If I was bored at Belle Vue, I would watch the gliders take off and land on the airfield behind the popular stand.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 21, 2014, 09:40:34 am by Filo »
i am one of those silly old duffers as you call us,and maybe its names like that why the younger generation dont get the respect.but as you rightly point out its not something thats just started.but as i have said before on here i have been going to football for too many years and when i started there was no trouble and supporters used to mingle together have a good day out and still be freinds at the end.what went wrong i dont know i dont think it was just a football thing as more of a society thing with football taking the blame.they were bad days and as ive said before i was only 8 when i started but i felt safe,but when i first took my son it could be quiet frightening.the segregationstarted fences went up we had a big cage at belle vue.but i think the hllsboro incident shown the barriers and fences what a danger they could be.but again i dont know why things got better the hooligan element ceased to be with odd exemptions,and football again became a place you could be safe,again with odd exeptions.but dont you young think that us old duffers dont like our football because we do.all i ask treat people withh respect and you will get respect back.

The only cage I can remember at BV was on the Rosso end for the away fans, the home fans were never caged in, are you sure you were at BV in those days?

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 21, 2014, 09:43:02 am by Sheepskin Stu »

The only cage I can remember at BV was on the Rosso end for the away fans, the home fans were never caged in, are you sure you were at BV in those days?

Elland Road?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 21, 2014, 10:02:37 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Yes I no but ,your missing the point oldens avin ago when they forget there history and I actually no the first fan to be done by cctv

Really? And what, exactly, is my history or that of anyone else of us on here?

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 21, 2014, 10:11:07 am by Al4475 »
When the new year kicks in I'd like (with the blessing of the vsc membership and board) to encourage younger fans to join the vsc - I need to work on the logistics and suchlike and terms of membership but it's something I want to look at in more detail! 

Beerseller

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 21, 2014, 10:21:32 am by Beerseller »
I was a horrible, selfish, arrogant, ignorant youth, uncaring of the feelings of others and generally being a very unlikeable arsehole.  Some people say I'm no different in my 50s except the youth bit has gone.  I may moan about the younger element but I'm really in no position to preach.  Give them room to be young.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on December 21, 2014, 10:25:45 am by idler »
When the new year kicks in I'd like (with the blessing of the vsc membership and board) to encourage younger fans to join the vsc - I need to work on the logistics and suchlike and terms of membership but it's something I want to look at in more detail! 
In the main older fans will have more money so are more likely to spend some joining the VSC than the younger fans.
If they join the cheaper option of the Supporters Club they get discount on their coach fares so it pays.
I think that also the images of the two organisations are totally different.
I first joined the Supporters Club in 1960 and the VSC on it's inception and will continue to support both but with some fans it's one or the other either due to finances or ideals.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 21, 2014, 11:26:18 am by Al4475 »
Agreed idler - which is why I need to look at logistics and terms of membership! I too am a member of both organisations plus the alliance so I know exactly where you're coming from! It's worth pursuing in my opinion though as the vssc as a unit are generally villified for being pervceived as none youth friendly despite half the board being under 30 years old!

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 21, 2014, 12:31:41 pm by acko »
i was referring to away fans filo with regards to the cage at rosso end it was usually away fans behind barriers at most grounds

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 21, 2014, 12:34:44 pm by Filo »
i was referring to away fans filo with regards to the cage at rosso end it was usually away fans behind barriers at most grounds

Why would a big cage in the away end be frightening to you?

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 21, 2014, 12:49:40 pm by acko »
because there was pricks like you in it,and i was afraid what my son would do to them if they got out,and you know him

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 21, 2014, 12:54:10 pm by Filo »
because there was pricks like you in it,and i was afraid what my son would do to them if they got out,and you know him

Why would I, a Doncaster Rovers fan, be in the away end at BV?

Did I resort to name calling at you acko?

I thought you respected other peoples opinion?

Do I really know your Son?

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 21, 2014, 01:23:33 pm by acko »
didnt know i was name calling just expressing an opinion,son says he knows you hes just come to see me

TinyPortal © 2005-2012