Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 10:40:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Young supporters  (Read 7135 times)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Re: Young supporters
« Reply #30 on December 21, 2014, 01:41:57 pm by bpoolrover »
Acko  while I think you make some decent points on here it's a bit childish my sons bigger than yours

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

duggiesmyhero

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 21, 2014, 01:44:53 pm by duggiesmyhero »
Todays young uns are not a patch on how things were in the 80s. Back then had plenty of fun in the away ends at york,scunny, rotherham ,Chesterfield to name a few. Today you'd get 3 yrs inside for doing that now. Football as been sanitised,to much family orientated,  no longer the working mans game
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 01:49:52 pm by duggiesmyhero »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on December 21, 2014, 01:51:34 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
because there was pricks like you in it,and i was afraid what my son would do to them if they got out,and you know him

all i ask treat people withh respect and you will get respect back.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on December 21, 2014, 01:57:06 pm by DRFCSouth »
If fun is fighting then I'll give it a miss. If its been sanitised then its for the better. Age doesn't matter. Some people never grow up. I get a sense that some would like to see aggravation at matches.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 21, 2014, 02:02:18 pm by southwestexile »
Todays young uns are not a patch on how things were in the 80s. Back then had plenty of fun in the away ends at york,scunny, rotherham ,Chesterfield to name a few. Today you'd get 3 yrs inside for doing that now. Football as been sanitised,to much family orientated,  no longer the working mans game

Thank god the 80s have been and gone. Shit football and shit government.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on December 21, 2014, 02:16:48 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I can't help but get the feeling that because they can't get it at matches some people look for it online...

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on December 21, 2014, 09:53:30 pm by Askern_reds »
Your all missing the point? I'm not proud what went off then , but it's what happened  and we thought it was the norm ? There are many who sat in the main stand , some stood in front of it, who are on this forum, who didn't indulge , but I bet therse some on her who did? But just like to av a go at today's supporters but won't admit it,so I'm saying it's like the frying pan calling the kettle mucky arse

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on December 22, 2014, 08:46:32 am by southwestexile »
Who's saying what exactly about young supporters? Can you be specific?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on December 22, 2014, 09:03:25 am by wing commander »
 No they are not...When you are that age you think you know it all and passion for Rovers knows no bounds.You can follow them everywhere because you don't have a mortgage,wife,kids and other commitments..When I was there age I was just like them and now I'm a old duffer as Boomstick rightly puts it..One day theywill grow old and look at the next generation and will probably be moaning about pyro..lol

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on December 22, 2014, 09:48:14 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Your all missing the point? I'm not proud what went off then , but it's what happened  and we thought it was the norm ? There are many who sat in the main stand , some stood in front of it, who are on this forum, who didn't indulge , but I bet therse some on her who did? But just like to av a go at today's supporters but won't admit it,so I'm saying it's like the frying pan calling the kettle mucky arse

You're lumping all of us in together with you. Don't, you just look foolish.

PDS

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on December 22, 2014, 12:34:12 pm by PDS »
I think there was something about being a "young un" in and around the 80's. For me, the pop stand was somewhere I could be with the vocal gang, sining things I know my mother wouldn't approve of and rip into opposition players knowing they could hear every word. Even now, every time I see him on the telly, I start singing to myself "Ronnie Moore is illegitimate..... etc" The sanitised environment you get these days, a song like that gets you thrown out.

Right or wrong? Not making a judgement, it's that being young is partly about being a little rebellious, testing boundaries. That doesn't necessarily mean violence, just being able to express yourself in an age appropriate way, congregated with like minded individuals rather than sat in the mixed environment we have in all seater stadia.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on December 22, 2014, 01:56:24 pm by Boomstick »

Thank f*** the 90s are gone, even shitter football and a worse government
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:55:09 pm by Boomstick »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on December 22, 2014, 02:18:28 pm by Filo »

Thank f**k the 90s are gone, even shitter and a worse government

Thats because the Tory's were in power for most of the time

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on December 22, 2014, 02:57:55 pm by Boomstick »

Thank f*** the 90s are gone, even shitter and a worse government

No, it was ok until 1997 before Nu labour started their demolition of the economy and opened the floodgates for immigration.

Come to think of it, around the same time Rovers fortunes turned for the worse big time.
Coincidence?  :huh:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 03:00:06 pm by Boomstick »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on December 22, 2014, 03:10:01 pm by silent majority »
Lets keep this thread on track fellas, otherwise it will get moved.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on December 22, 2014, 06:09:30 pm by Filo »

Thank f*** the 90s are gone, even shitter and a worse government

No, it was ok until 1997 before Nu labour started their demolition of the economy and opened the floodgates for immigration.

Come to think of it, around the same time Rovers fortunes turned for the worse big time.
Coincidence?  :huh:

I was well aware of what you were insinuating, I'm not sure as usual you were aware of the facts until you did your retrospective research

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on December 22, 2014, 06:23:49 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
By 'eck, we were relegated because of immigrants. That's even better than Nigel's corker of an excuse the other day of being several hours late because of them..!

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on December 22, 2014, 08:25:49 pm by VivaRovers »
They come over here, taking our points, inflating our goals against column

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on December 22, 2014, 08:34:20 pm by idler »
The bottom line to me is that all old supporters were once young supporters full of irreverence and have learnt from experience.
All young supporters may one day be old supporters and have mellowed a bit in the process.
;0)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on December 22, 2014, 09:08:47 pm by the vicar »
i must admit i was a silly young one once, i remember 68/69 season we went to Grimsby and the whole stand on the away end emptied and you could not see the pitch for rovers fans, we all ran to the other end where there daft lads was and it emptied then it was full of rovers lads, that was one incident  but i'm not proud of it now looking back and i don't think they are the same today
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 09:12:49 pm by the vicar »

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on December 22, 2014, 10:00:19 pm by drfc1951 »
Iremember same season doing that at Peterborough.The Grimsby one must have been the night we won the championship3-1.To scared that night to do anything stupid.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on December 22, 2014, 10:33:58 pm by Askern_reds »
Thanks vicar and dr fc some truth at last

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on December 22, 2014, 10:36:29 pm by the vicar »
Iremember same season doing that at Peterborough.The Grimsby one must have been the night we won the championship3-1.To scared that night to do anything stupid.
yes it was we stood on the side at Peterborough

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on December 22, 2014, 10:37:29 pm by the vicar »
Thanks vicar and dr fc some truth at last
you are welcome mate we all do silly things as kids

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on December 22, 2014, 10:43:53 pm by the vicar »
I used to hang about with the Haige  brothers and Swayo, Archie, Rog Cotton Winston,  we was all leather jacket lads, there was loads from Harworth with us as well but cant remember there names, we followed them all over on a Yorkshire traction bus well several of them  lol
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 10:49:32 pm by the vicar »

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on December 22, 2014, 10:49:38 pm by Askern_reds »
Is that we're the song come from ?we follow Donny rovers the rovers follow us we follow you all over on a Yorkshire traction bus ?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on December 22, 2014, 10:52:40 pm by the vicar »
Yes mate it was i was just going to put that lol :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: if you want to reminisce any more let me know
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 11:00:59 pm by the vicar »

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on December 22, 2014, 11:00:00 pm by StocktonRover »
It was an amazing site just turning up at the bus station on a Saturday morning to get on a Yorkshire traction bus - no booking required, just turn up at the ticket office, pay your money and they would put on as many buses as they needed for anyone who turned up.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on December 22, 2014, 11:02:17 pm by the vicar »
them was the days but we took loads then

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on December 22, 2014, 11:08:06 pm by Askern_reds »
So did u indulge then Stockton ? Lol think you called me a moron earlier?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012