Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:10:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cup or league?  (Read 2835 times)

acko

• Forum Member
Re: Cup or league?
« Reply #30 on January 13, 2015, 01:07:23 pm by acko »
not easy getting everything right going down m5 to bristol probably easy for you picking your nose

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 13, 2015, 01:50:34 pm by Northants Nomad »
i didnt say that filo i was also answering wilts

There was only bobjims name mentioned in your post

Indeed he did, Filo, and for that reason, I missed his reply. However, to answer his question, perhaps this article helps.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25681289

Bristol have been running at a loss and spending way beyond their means for many years. When they brought SOD in, it was supposed to be to start to turn this around and build something more sustainable. However, they weren't really committed to that so when results went south and SOD never brought instant results, he was gone. Then a couple of months and managers later, the light dawned. Steve Lansdown is the Hargreaves Lansdown bloke. Money men.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 13, 2015, 03:10:29 pm by grayx »
Im going for cup as there is a lot of money riding on this tie, which can help long term.

Same here. Can't see us making play offs so lets have a good "money spinning" cup run.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 13, 2015, 03:21:19 pm by Askern_reds »
Acko why say you on m5 I'm gutted, just got cup fever, just reading dickov article saying he's got every confidence in Mariosi so hope it pans out for all Donny fans going down tonight

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 13, 2015, 05:29:53 pm by Alan Southstand »
Quote from: Alan Southstand on January 12, 2015, 08:40:45 PM
Tbh, that has somewhat been sorted to a degree, in that we only have a rookie keeper in goal for Tuesday and no Furman.

Of course, the above may still apply on Satdi as well!

Alan, remember that players for the replay can only be selected from the squad available for the original game, so even if we had foreseen Man U recalling Sam we would have had to have nailed down his replacement before 3rd January. 

At that time the club were re-signing Sam for another month's loan (announced 5th January), so clearly his recall wasn't expected at that point.  I understand the news of his imminent recall only came on Sunday.

All hearsay and I guess we'll never actually know for sure, but these things tend to take longer than a few days and it may explain why we were only allowed to have him short term. The Furman thing is much more disturbing from a management aspect though, as we could have been doing something about that in December so it was sorted come the start of Jan. Rather than be fitting square pegs in round holes.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 13, 2015, 06:20:09 pm by normal rules »
cup all day long on this one. we will hold our own in the league this year. this game and the forth round tie is rumoured to be worth over 200k to rovers. Thats alot of money in the current climate.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012