Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 10:27:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: CLUB WILL LOOSE ST HOLDERS  (Read 28266 times)

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
CLUB WILL LOOSE ST HOLDERS
« on January 12, 2015, 07:44:36 pm by Ian Nimmo »
If the South Stand is totally unreserved, the club will loose season tickets holders.
Mine will be the first three, well done DRFC £1000 down already

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
Re: CLUB WILL LOOSE ST HOLDERS
« Reply #1 on January 12, 2015, 07:46:18 pm by Ian Nimmo »
Sorry for the spelling mistake but this is what happens when you are so outraged!

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 12, 2015, 07:46:48 pm by watto-drfc »
Yes mine to.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 12, 2015, 07:51:49 pm by the vicar »
i am with you and watto nimmo, and the group around us

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 12, 2015, 07:51:58 pm by donnievic »
Maybe 7 more near

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 12, 2015, 07:54:44 pm by Copps is Magic »
Crikey lads, there are a lot worse things to complain about. How did you cope at Belle Vue when it was mostly terracing?

After you calm down a bit I hope you will see that the seats you sit in now will almost certainly be available all through next season. And if not, heck, you might have to move 5 meters to an identical view.

If you want isle seats for some medical/travel reason then contact the club and I sure they can sort something out.

keepmoatman

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 12, 2015, 07:58:26 pm by keepmoatman »
This has made my mind up . so its 2 more here  :headbang:

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 12, 2015, 07:59:49 pm by wesisback »
Just to counteract this misery guts thread - me and four mates have decided to buy our first season tickets since moving to the Keepmoat. I generally don't get to enough games to justify it over a season but with a decent price mark and a hopeful return of atmosphere to the Keepmoat we were ready to put our full backing into it.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 12, 2015, 08:01:36 pm by Superspy »
I wasn't totally convinced about renewing my ST, I'll be there renewing 2 on Friday afternoon! Also, this will make it far easier to sit with friends who only want to come every now and again. Definitely a positive move as far as I can see!

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 12, 2015, 08:02:03 pm by Donny Viking »
Good idea but poorly implemented - AGAIN!

I have a season ticket in corner of south stand and had it since we moved to KM - I take my little lad and a couple of his mates.  We don't make it to every game, but I know I've got my seats with my mates and the people around us are very friendly and tone their behavior to the kids when I take them.  If its unreserved  then I could have any numpty shouting abuse near the kids, the benefit of the season ticket is gone.  I'll pick and chose which games I go to (probably be less as I've not paid up front).  Donny you've potentially just lost 2 adults, 3 kids and a couple of senior season ticket holders.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 12, 2015, 08:02:41 pm by Copps is Magic »
Yep, I usually pay as I go - but I am also encouraged to get a season ticket for the SS next season as the prices are very reasonable.

Just don't understand why someone would get precious about a seat in a bowl stadium where the next view is identical and in a stand that is a 3rd full at the best of times.

People seem to be outraged with no real reason behind it?

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 12, 2015, 08:02:57 pm by SLO@DRFC »
The club has not taken this decision lightly, it was a result of consultation from fans via the Match-day Atmosphere fan panel that took place last month.

These panels were not exclusive and were open to anyone to attend and put their view forward.

Obviously we will report all feedback back to the club but its worth remembering that the Match-day atmosphere at the Keepmoat Stadium has been something heavily criticised in the last few seasons and the club has taken this decision to improve it and further improve the overall match-day experience, it is not the club's will or desire to hinder anybody's experience.

That is why those renewing in the South Stand will do so at a cheaper rate than last season to reflect the change from reserved to unreserved and those wishing to still reserve seats can move to a Category B seat in the West Stand or Family Stand for the same price they paid last season.

If you seek further clarification or have any questions please ask the Ticket Office or alternatively contact us and we will ask on your behalf.

Thanks

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 12, 2015, 08:03:18 pm by IDM »
Simple question:

Do you go to the football to watch the football, or to sit in a certain seat?  Sure, if you have friends you meet at the ground, it isn't too difficult to arrange to meet there in good time to get seats together, most likely the same ones every game?  Those of you who arrive early can save the seats for those arriving later?

As CIM says, how did you manage at BV?

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 12, 2015, 08:04:30 pm by wesisback »
 :that:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 12, 2015, 08:06:02 pm by IDM »
Good idea but poorly implemented - AGAIN!

I have a season ticket in corner of south stand and had it since we moved to KM - I take my little lad and a couple of his mates.  We don't make it to every game, but I know I've got my seats with my mates and the people around us are very friendly and tone their behavior to the kids when I take them.  If its unreserved  then I could have any numpty shouting abuse near the kids, the benefit of the season ticket is gone.  I'll pick and chose which games I go to (probably be less as I've not paid up front).  Donny you've potentially just lost 2 adults, 3 kids and a couple of senior season ticket holders.

To be honest I think the different types of fans will very quickly settle into their groups.  My gut feeling is the shouty types would be more central  behind the goals.  In the corners you should be OK.  And apart from the rare sell out, you'll be able to move your group possibly by a few rows or so to a more convenient place?

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 12, 2015, 08:07:52 pm by coventryrover »

Me too.  Well done rovers.  People throwing their rattles should get a grip.
Just to counteract this misery guts thread - me and four mates have decided to buy our first season tickets since moving to the Keepmoat. I generally don't get to enough games to justify it over a season but with a decent price mark and a hopeful return of atmosphere to the Keepmoat we were ready to put our full backing into it.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 12, 2015, 08:08:21 pm by drfc1951 »
i am with you and watto nimmo, and the group around us

I sit 4 rows behind you,there will be no problem getting seats there every match.

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 12, 2015, 08:08:37 pm by watto-drfc »
Season ticket holders are loyal fans and pay up each season for the seat they have picked. Why didn't the club ask the st olders for there thoughts

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 12, 2015, 08:10:04 pm by wesisback »
They did. The club published they were holding fan panels on the fan experience at the Keepmoat and it was plastered all over here.

courtney haddock-lately

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 12, 2015, 08:10:20 pm by courtney haddock-lately »
The club has not taken this decision lightly, it was a result of consultation from fans via the Match-day Atmosphere fan panel that took place last month.

These panels were not exclusive and were open to anyone to attend and put their view forward.

Obviously we will report all feedback back to the club but its worth remembering that the Match-day atmosphere at the Keepmoat Stadium has been something heavily criticised in the last few seasons and the club has taken this decision to improve it and further improve the overall match-day experience, it is not the club's will or desire to hinder anybody's experience.

That is why those renewing in the South Stand will do so at a cheaper rate than last season to reflect the change from reserved to unreserved and those wishing to still reserve seats can move to a Category B seat in the West Stand or Family Stand for the same price they paid last season.

If you seek further clarification or have any questions please ask the Ticket Office or alternatively contact us and we will ask on your behalf.

Thanks

SlO's Was this the fans panel that was due to happen before the notes county game but was then rescheduled to before the leyton orient game, the day before?  Was going to go to that but could only just get to the km for kick off let alone 6.15. Or was it a different one?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 12, 2015, 08:10:58 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Poorly communicated perhaps, but a good idea and one I've wanted for some time.  Good to see it finally happening.  I hope it brings a huge atmosphere improvement, but it won't solely change it, there's huge amount more to be done to create that.

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 12, 2015, 08:11:11 pm by SLO@DRFC »
Yes CHL, there were 3 in total if we remember correctly.

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 12, 2015, 08:12:31 pm by watto-drfc »
Club not taken this lightly. They say they have consulted fans.....they havn't asked me

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 12, 2015, 08:13:10 pm by Muttley »
Shouldn't be a huge problem to sit somewhere to your liking!

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 12, 2015, 08:15:48 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Where has this news been published?  I can't find it on DROS.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 12, 2015, 08:19:28 pm by Copps is Magic »
Its on DROS. But it's disguised under this #mylocalteam malarkey.

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/i-support-mylocalteam-2192628.aspx

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 12, 2015, 08:19:51 pm by Nudga »
Wow some people are bloody precious. I had tickets in the south stand directly behind the goal against Bristol City, when me and my boys got to our seats there were a group of lads sat in them. I didn't say owt, I just went across a few rows and sat there,   not a problem.

I am considering getting season tickets for the first time in years.

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 12, 2015, 08:20:10 pm by Ian Nimmo »

Sorry but you are somewhat deluded because only a very small minority of fans would have been involved in the fan panel.
There will only be a better atmosphere when fans are given something to shout about, and the way this club is going, this will be a long way off.
Maybe the club are happy to have smoke bombs let off at every game!

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 12, 2015, 08:20:41 pm by since-1969 »
What benifit will it bring to the stadium . They make all standing .

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 12, 2015, 08:25:28 pm by watto-drfc »
Why not make the 2 sections behind the goal unreserved and mark season ticket holders seats as  reserved and let people sit in any unreserved seat

TinyPortal © 2005-2012