Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 11:46:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: CLUB WILL LOOSE ST HOLDERS  (Read 28301 times)

STABNASTY

• Forum Member
Re: CLUB WILL LOOSE ST HOLDERS
« Reply #120 on January 14, 2015, 12:45:53 pm by STABNASTY »
 :that: :that:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on January 14, 2015, 12:50:44 pm by GazLaz »
The proof of the pudding will be in the sales,let's judge it then.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on January 14, 2015, 01:00:02 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Some will stand for it, some won't.

courtney haddock-lately

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on January 14, 2015, 01:26:39 pm by courtney haddock-lately »
Some will stand for it, some won't.

I see what you did there.  ;)

I do think the reception is more mixed.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on January 14, 2015, 01:45:22 pm by The Red Baron »
My initial thoughts were that turning the SS into a singing area with unreserved seating was a good move that could help improve the atmosphere. I still do. But I hadn't considered how those with STs, particularly those who had ben there a while, would feel.

Maybe I should have done, but it isn't my job to do so. But surely it is the job of people at the club and also the fan representatives to do so.

I must confess that I've had the same seat in the West Stand since we moved to the Moat. And if I was told that that particular seat was now unreserved and I'd have to find the best seat I could before each game it would probably influence my decision as to whether to buy a season ticket or not.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 01:51:45 pm by The Red Baron »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on January 14, 2015, 01:51:42 pm by GazLaz »
It's the natural instinct for people to be frightened of change. They always presume the worst.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on January 14, 2015, 01:55:52 pm by The Red Baron »
Fair point, Gaz. But the fact is that once people decide they won't have a season ticket and will pick and choose their games it is a very small step towards them stopping going to games at all. I mean - whatever happened to all those STHs we had circa 2008-2010?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on January 14, 2015, 02:32:05 pm by River Don »
Who actually thinks doing this will boost attendences significantly. Playing attractive football and winning home games naturally brings in the crowds which in effect gives you a better atmosphere. If we do this and play like we were doing earlier in the season at home the crowds won't go up just because we have a singing section, they might go down though with people not renewing season tickets as they no longer have a reserved seat. I get the feeling I love my hometown team a hell of a lot more than it loves and appreciates me at the moment.

In the long term I really do think this might help improve the atmosphere, particularly when the team are doing well. If there is a better atmosphere in the ground then I think that helps make the game more entertaining and in turn will lead to bigger attendances.

It's a difficult adjustment, it's a shame this and a family area weren't considered when we moved into the ground but I think we'll all get used to it quite quickly. Those who want their own regular seat will either move or get used to the new arrangement. I don't expect that many to give up on supporting the club because of the change.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 02:44:48 pm by River Don »

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on January 14, 2015, 03:20:24 pm by Colin C No.3 »
It's unbearable to imagine someone else sitting in 'my seat' & eating the chewed gum I always leave stuck underneath the seat.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on January 14, 2015, 09:17:51 pm by rich1471 »
I've sat in the south stand and in the same seat since we moved to the keepmout ,I only ever purchased my season ticket early to reserve my seat if the club are now telling me there is no reserved seating there is no incentive to get my ticket early to save £30-40 I think this will back fire and cost the club money in the long run , and there is also a lot of comments about were fans will stand and sing they will stand in the last 3 rows or people will complain as it is an all seater stadium  as I sit on row p right behind the goal and I will sit there next year and any little knob who keeps standing in front of me will get put on his arse     

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on January 14, 2015, 09:32:47 pm by Superspy »
I've sat in the south stand and in the same seat since we moved to the keepmout ,I only ever purchased my season ticket early to reserve my seat if the club are now telling me there is no reserved seating there is no incentive to get my ticket early to save £30-40 I think this will back fire and cost the club money in the long run , and there is also a lot of comments about were fans will stand and sing they will stand in the last 3 rows or people will complain as it is an all seater stadium  as I sit on row p right behind the goal and I will sit there next year and any little knob who keeps standing in front of me will get put on his arse     

I'd like to think that if the person in front of me wanted to stand and I wanted to sit, or indeed the other way around, that we'd be able to come to some sort of adult resolution that suits us both, such as one of us moving seats (with it being unreserved) rather than resorting to knocking lumps out of each other, but it's nice to know we've got people like you in the crowd balancing the equation.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on January 14, 2015, 10:26:14 pm by rich1471 »
the point of having all seater stadiums is to sit down I would like nothing more than to go back to terraced stadiums but my point is not everybody wants to stand or can stand for 90 minutes everybody seams to be missing the point just because the ss will be unreserved seating does not allow people to stand the seats make it more dangerous for people to stand than terraces did, I cannot see the atmosphere improving just by making it all unreserved there are 100's of spare seats in the ss each home game by forcing 40-50 kids away from the away fans somewhere else will not make a caldron of noise , fans stand next to the away fans for banter that is why going away from home always seams better because of the banter you get when the opposite fans are so close     

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on January 15, 2015, 07:02:30 am by Superspy »
Not disputing any of that, you make some perfectly valid points. I just thought that making a point about resolving the situation by putting somebody "on his arse" was completely over the top.

STABNASTY

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on January 15, 2015, 08:10:12 am by STABNASTY »
I emailed Ryan Murrant yesterday and have asked why cant existing season ticket holders only keep their seats. If he can find me 12 seats together in the west or east with 3 aisle seats half way up the stand I will renew. Here's an idea. Make it fair on everyone. All existing season tickets all over the ground get to start afresh picking seats like when we first moved in then it's 1st come 1st served and those from the SS AND NW would get a chance to get better seats in places they might want than picking up the left overs.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on January 15, 2015, 08:27:29 am by Dagenham Rover »
Let us no what sort of reply you get

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on January 15, 2015, 08:42:55 am by acko »
the change as i have said previously doesnt effect me,but are we saying by  making the changes it will improve our home performances because since moving to keepmoat its not been great,but i always beleaved success brought atmosphere,i used to love to stand at belle vue,i used to enjoy a fag as well but times change,and i hope i can understand both sides of an argument.what does annoy me is to see part of the stadium shut off and the away end empty,maybe something could be done there with the exception of two or three games a season

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on January 15, 2015, 08:47:48 am by The Red Baron »
I emailed Ryan Murrant yesterday and have asked why cant existing season ticket holders only keep their seats. If he can find me 12 seats together in the west or east with 3 aisle seats half way up the stand I will renew. Here's an idea. Make it fair on everyone. All existing season tickets all over the ground get to start afresh picking seats like when we first moved in then it's 1st come 1st served and those from the SS AND NW would get a chance to get better seats in places they might want than picking up the left overs.

Just to clarify - if the seats you specify are available but in a Cat A area, are you willing to pay the increased price? My gut feeling is that there are quite a lot of non-ST seats in the East. But they are probably in Cat A areas.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on January 15, 2015, 08:52:03 am by The Red Baron »
the change as i have said previously doesnt effect me,but are we saying by  making the changes it will improve our home performances because since moving to keepmoat its not been great,but i always beleaved success brought atmosphere,i used to love to stand at belle vue,i used to enjoy a fag as well but times change,and i hope i can understand both sides of an argument.what does annoy me is to see part of the stadium shut off and the away end empty,maybe something could be done there with the exception of two or three games a season

That's something that bothers me, Acko. When you look at that plan on DROS there could be an awful lot of the stadium empty, especially when the away team brings 200-300 fans (who will then presumably be housed in the East.) I struggle to see how that will improve the atmosphere.

STABNASTY

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on January 15, 2015, 09:27:06 am by STABNASTY »
To be honest I don't really want to go in the East stand due to issues with the lie sun during games. It wouldn't bother me paying a bit more but not if I have to shield my eyes. If it's the West stand no bother. But don't forget my seats at present also have nobody in front of my kids. I haven't a hope in hell of getting anything like this unless they make the ground a blank canvas and start again

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on January 15, 2015, 09:32:00 am by Filo »

So you'd like people unaffected to be thrown out of their seats so you can take their seat? You'd like to piss every season ticket holder off instead of the 10% that are potentially pissed off?

STABNASTY

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on January 15, 2015, 09:34:42 am by STABNASTY »
In a word yes. Make it a level playing field. That way it's fair on everyone.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on January 15, 2015, 09:38:45 am by Filo »
In a word yes. Make it a level playing field. That way it's fair on everyone.

No it's not, unaffected people that live away would n't have the chance to beat you to the ticket office, you'd obviously try to be there first to get your 12 seats together

STABNASTY

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on January 15, 2015, 09:43:49 am by STABNASTY »
And due to my present commitments on a Saturday people will be me to my 12 seats I have at present. Same thing. In other words yes you can move but just have the leftovers. That about sums it up

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on January 15, 2015, 09:50:57 am by Filo »
And due to my present commitments on a Saturday people will be me to my 12 seats I have at present. Same thing. In other words yes you can move but just have the leftovers. That about sums it up

People were moved from the South East corner two or three years ago for some reason, people have been moved from the South West corner to accomodate the new screen, I did n't hear your protestations then. Solving one problem by creating another 9 times as big is n't the answer

STABNASTY

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on January 15, 2015, 09:59:29 am by STABNASTY »
People only usually protest when it concerns them that is the way of the world.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on January 15, 2015, 10:17:46 am by Filo »

The current situation does n't concern me, but I still made plenty of noises supporting your situation, maybe I should have just not bothered, after all I'm alright Jack ;)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on January 15, 2015, 10:33:53 am by steve@dcfd »

The current situation does n't concern me, but I still made plenty of noises supporting your situation, maybe I should have just not bothered, after all I'm alright Jack ;)

The club and the fans representatives have hung the present SS season ticket holders out to dry. Theirbviews in the decision making were never considered. When did we receive a letter, as you say only 290, to inform us that could happen no. So if we want to guarantee a seat or seats together with others in an area you want you have got to wait till June to clarify that.

Also if you decide to stay in the SS you will not guarantee you can sit in a seat you get there early to sit in. Arguments could happen with supporters who want to stand and those who want to sit. Yet supporters on here are being told to move lower to accommodate standers who want to sing.

STABNASTY

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on January 15, 2015, 10:34:57 am by STABNASTY »
Filo I know you have and I appreciate it. I just can't see where they will put potentially 500 season ticket holders. I bet most of the season ticket holders in the SS are either towards the back or in aisle seats in the middle blocks ect i.e the seats that will go first on a match day. The boys in the NW are basically being told to move to the SS and sing there to help create an atmosphere. If we play well and are successful the crowds will come hence a better atmosphere.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on January 15, 2015, 10:37:16 am by Filo »

The club and the fans representatives have hung the present SS season ticket holders out to dry. They views in the decision making were never considered. When did we receive a letter, as you say only 290, to inform us that could happen no. So if we want to guarantee a seat or seats together with others in an area you want you have got to wait till June to clarify that.

Also if you decide to stay in the SS you will not guarantee you can sit in a seat you get there early to sit in. Arguments could happen with supporters who want to stand and those who want to sit. Yet supporters on here are being told to move lower to accommodate standers who want to sing.

I think you misunderstand me, I agree that ss season ticket holders have been shit on, but shitting on the rest of the season ticket holders to pacify them is wrong as well

STABNASTY

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on January 15, 2015, 10:43:35 am by STABNASTY »
I wasn't saying shit on them I just said start afresh with a blank canvas. I still think letting existing ticket holders keep there Seats and from the.n on all the rest make unreserved. I bet some of these for it are already eyeing up better seats that they wouldn't have been able to sit in before. . Your never going to make everyone happy but potentially upsetting 500 with our fan base is a risky strategy. Remember these are 500 existing ticket holders part of your hardcore fan base. Will this bring in 500 new ticket holders
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 10:45:48 am by STABNASTY »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012