Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 01:51:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: ST HOLDERS DESERVE STATEMENT FROM THE CLUB  (Read 23885 times)

RedRover45

• Forum Member
Re: ST HOLDERS DESERVE STATEMENT FROM THE CLUB
« Reply #90 on January 23, 2015, 10:32:31 pm by RedRover45 »
For crying out loud, give it a bloody rest. We've all heard how a small handful of people are not happy over and over again.
We all go to the Keepmoat to watch our team play, hopefully well, and to hopefully win. Nothing more, nothing less. If all you have to moan about is the fact that maybe, just maybe, you have to change your view by a couple of seats, then I think you need to start and lead a more fulfilling life.
It's the clubs decision to try and do something positive to improve the atmosphere. I fail to see what the difference would be if they'd have let you know their intentions earlier, either personally or collectively by public announcement. You will still not have been happy. It's their decision to make. Live with it. Either renew or don't, but it appears considerably more people agree with their decision by buying season tickets so a few people sulking ain't gonna change anything.
What happened to putting the club first ? We're all Rovers aren't we ? Let it go !

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on January 23, 2015, 11:10:00 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
For crying out loud, give it a bloody rest. We've all heard how a small handful of people are not happy over and over again.
We all go to the Keepmoat to watch our team play, hopefully well, and to hopefully win. Nothing more, nothing less. If all you have to moan about is the fact that maybe, just maybe, you have to change your view by a couple of seats, then I think you need to start and lead a more fulfilling life.
It's the clubs decision to try and do something positive to improve the atmosphere. I fail to see what the difference would be if they'd have let you know their intentions earlier, either personally or collectively by public announcement. You will still not have been happy. It's their decision to make. Live with it. Either renew or don't, but it appears considerably more people agree with their decision by buying season tickets so a few people sulking ain't gonna change anything.
What happened to putting the club first ? We're all Rovers aren't we ? Let it go !
*applause *

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on January 23, 2015, 11:17:52 pm by ian1980 »

WOW, just WOW. Finally some sense has been spoken. It's a seat for crying out loud. It's not like the place is full to capacity and you'll be struggling to get one.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on January 23, 2015, 11:43:16 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Sense because you agree, however it may be "a small amount" that post on here but thats jack all in the bigger picture of people complaining and tbh I am even more disgusted in the light of SM's response that there was ONE south stand season ticket holder present when it was discussed

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on January 23, 2015, 11:47:50 pm by RedRover45 »
Absolute rubbish. You are a very small minority Daggers. Vast majority don't care so long as they get a decent seat, and there's not many that aren't that. For Gods sake, stop complaining and being so selfish. Put your energy into supporting the club instead of persistently sulking because you can't have your own way.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on January 24, 2015, 01:44:44 am by silent majority »
Daggers, yet again you miss the point. The meeting, or meetings, wasn't about the ST holders in the SS, therefore why should we consult?. It was about atmosphere at the  Keepmoat. Nothing else was on the agenda.

Your insistence that there would only ever be one outcome based on those present is not only insulting, but ignorant too.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on January 24, 2015, 12:06:11 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Absolute rubbish. You are a very small minority Daggers. Vast majority don't care so long as they get a decent seat, and there's not many that aren't that. For Gods sake, stop complaining and being so selfish. Put your energy into supporting the club instead of persistently sulking because you can't have your own way.

Nobody is saying its a majority all that is being said is there is more than the vocal few on here that have or are  complaining whether that involves going to the club or not.

Daggers, yet again you miss the point. The meeting, or meetings, wasn't about the ST holders in the SS, therefore why should we consult?. It was about atmosphere at the  Keepmoat. Nothing else was on the agenda.

Your insistence that there would only ever be one outcome based on those present is not only insulting, but ignorant too.

The meetings included the atmosphere nobody is disputing that, however making the south unreserved in full or in part would be part of that discussion and with one s/stand season ticket holder involved you would not get a reflection of what the views of the others were, nobody says every s/t holder needed a personal face to face all that is being said it should not have been rushed in like a bull in a china shop and options communicated to those affected.

You have said studies were looked at from other grounds I have asked, Ian has asked what other grounds and what studies? What other partial options were looked at and why were they rejected?

Whether you find it ignorant and insulting or not, step back and look from the outside, look at the views held by people on the panel by reading the various forums, media and you can see why some think it was an obvious decision.

I find it ignorant and insulting  to presume people will just roll over and accept every decision that involves them and carry on as if nothing happened.

Yet again I am not saying its a bad idea however the implementation is  ill thought out and badly communicated (35 or is it 36? :) )

Oh and I've renewed..................in the South!

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:09:42 pm by Dagenham Rover »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on January 24, 2015, 01:36:04 pm by silent majority »
Daggers, I'm not the spokesman for the group, nor did I chair the meeting. To carry on this conversation I suggest you speak to Ryan.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on January 24, 2015, 01:52:37 pm by Dagenham Rover »
But you attended the meeting on behalf of the vsc  and as a vsc member I am asking you a question about what happened to be able to come to the conclusion that the only option was to make the whole of the stand unreserved

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on January 24, 2015, 02:12:29 pm by silent majority »
I've already answered that question. This is going over old territory.

By the way, if you really wanted answers to these questions, rather than baiting people on this forum, why didn't you ask Ryan when you were discussing this with him last Tuesday?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 02:38:13 pm by silent majority »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on January 24, 2015, 03:04:11 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I'm not "baiting" anybody as for not asking Ryan we went over some things and not others, its no secret that I spoke with Ryan on Tues I've mentioned it on here and and I've also mentioned that meeting was set up by Wes who I was also with as you well know.
Where we met in the BV bar wasn't exactly cloak and dagger stuff
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 03:49:18 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on January 24, 2015, 03:14:46 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Typical Rovers fans moaning and crying over a red plastic seat. If only these lot moaning got this riled up on matchday as they are at their keyboards over this decision atmosphere wouldn't be an issue.

What did everyone with a season ticket do at Belle Vue?

This is great news for another reason. I miss one game a month due to work whether it be home and away so every game I pay on the day, however now were my mates or anyone wanting to get a season ticket I can now stand with them etc etc.

I bet some people go with say one person for example previously haven't got a a ST because the other one hasn't wanted to commit to £300 plus in one go because they wouldn't be able to sit/stand with that person if they did buy one. However now one may and the other can pay on the day and still be next to each other.

Well done Rovers can't wait for next season and hopefully draw the crowds back in.

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on January 24, 2015, 03:32:11 pm by Ian Nimmo »
Sorry but it's not just a plastic seat.
It's the ability for us to go to the home games as a family and not matter what time we arrive are guaranteed to have seats available to us in an area where we want to sit. i.e in the South stand, high up under cover.

I cannot see why part of the SS can't be Reserved and part UNRESERVED.

Posters on here are saying the likes of myself and a few others are in a minority, which I do not think is true, I believe there are many more, it's just they don't view this forum, but perhaps you lot have never thought about this.

Also I think most are somewhat deluded to think that making the SS unreserved seating will improve the atmosphere, only performances on the pitch including a few goals will do this.

How many of those who were part of making the decision to abolish reserved seating in the SS actually sit there?

And by the way, when did the club announce that the south stand would also become STANDING?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on January 24, 2015, 03:37:26 pm by Filo »
It seems to me that mos of those who are trying to cry down The likes of Daggers and IM were supporters that were n't season ticket holders previously

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on January 24, 2015, 03:45:57 pm by Ian Nimmo »
Absolutely and is part of the wider picture which many are not considering.
Some come posting on here that if one of their mates decide to attend a game they want them to sit /stand with them.
So in effect we are changing the SS arrangements to suit part time attendees rather than considering a STH who attends every game!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on January 24, 2015, 03:51:50 pm by silent majority »
But you fail to appreciate that ST holders in the SS are very much in the minority. The SS has over 3,000 seats yet just over 200 of those were held by ST holders.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on January 24, 2015, 03:53:26 pm by Dagenham Rover »
But you fail to appreciate that ST holders in the SS are very much in the minority. The SS has over 3,000 seats yet just over 200 of those were held by ST holders.

That appears to be open to debate

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on January 24, 2015, 04:09:03 pm by silent majority »

That appears to be open to debate

Not sure how you reach that conclusion. When sat in a meeting with the Marketing and Communication Manager (who just happens to be in charge of the running of the ticket office) and the Stadium Manager who also happens to be in control of the whole stadium you tend to believe them when you ask questions of that nature.

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on January 24, 2015, 04:11:17 pm by Ian Nimmo »

Here you go again SM quoting 200 yet the club statement to me 800+
Again look at the seats that are unavailable for purchase for the Colchester game and the 800+ seems right to me.

You seem to be well in with the club and have a lot of information about the club, but it seems to me that you are totally off the mark here.
Also one of the SLO,s posted on here that he wasn't aware of the number involved.

Yet both of you are in constant contact with the club but are unaware of the number of STH in the SS. Of course I don't expect you to know the exact number but would expect that your knowledge of the numbers would be near the actual.
There is the chance that I am wrong and apologise if this is the case, but I AM ONLY QUOTING THE NUMBER GIVEN TO ME BY THE CLUB, plus a little review of the unavailable seats which seems to reinforce this.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on January 24, 2015, 04:20:15 pm by silent majority »
Ian, see my post above. I'm repeating what two members of the senior management team told me.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on January 24, 2015, 04:24:05 pm by BobG »
Pretty poor stuff this thread isn't it? If moaning about a seat is what we're at now Heaven help us. You couldn't book any seat at all 10 years ago. Some folk would do well to ponder the meaning of the word 'support'.

BobG

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on January 24, 2015, 04:25:24 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Could it be 200 ish in the central blocks but 800 in the whole of the South? if its the whole of the South 200ish  really does seem on the low side

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on January 24, 2015, 04:25:37 pm by knockers »
It's about the 200 mark. The vast majority of season ticket holders are in the west. If you look at this stand it is pretty much full apart from empty hospitality sections

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on January 24, 2015, 04:27:36 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Pretty poor stuff this thread isn't it? If moaning about a seat is what we're at now Heaven help us. You couldn't book any seat at all 10 years ago. Some folk would do well to ponder the meaning of the word 'support'.

BobG

However its a totally different situation now Bob

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on January 24, 2015, 04:40:58 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I've just had a quick count up on SSD for the Yeovil game there are nearly 250 seats unavailable for that game in that one block.

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on January 24, 2015, 04:46:19 pm by Ian Nimmo »

BobG

Sorry BobG, but I don't want to go back 10 years, if the majority of rovers fans had your point of view, why was everyone crying out for a new stadium?
Which stand do you sit in?

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on January 24, 2015, 08:51:02 pm by Ian Nimmo »
It's about the 200 mark. The vast majority of season ticket holders are in the west. If you look at this stand it is pretty much full apart from empty hospitality sections

I don't believe this to be the case because quite a lot of the west stand is taken up by
The Press Area
The Disabled Area
Area set aside for WAG's
Area set aside for Visitors
Area with restricted view ie low level around tunnel / dug out area.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on January 24, 2015, 09:29:42 pm by knockers »
Prove it ;)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on January 24, 2015, 10:04:36 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Prove it ;)

Knockers the same really applies the other way round, however as I said, I looked at  one area, SSD and the number of unavailable seats for Yoevil seems to suggest that the somebody has been telling porkies, I've not looked at any other blocks but nearly 250 unavailable seats in one central block suggests different to what is being said
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 10:28:51 pm by Dagenham Rover »

JBRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on January 25, 2015, 09:54:34 am by JBRover »

If only 200 of the 3000 plus seats in the south stand are STH then more fool the club for not relocating them in an area of this stand.  It smacks of, 'only 200 STH so we can ride rough shod over them'.  For me and a few others they have got it wrong, not the unreserved seating idea but the lack of flexibility for the STH that do prefer their own seat!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012