Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 08:48:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Credit where it is due (Parts 1 & 2)  (Read 5225 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Credit where it is due (Parts 1 & 2)
« on January 21, 2015, 10:03:02 am by Donnywolf »
Part 1  :scarf:

Great to see for the second game in a row Barrier type queuing for the Bar and Tea Bar in the West Stand. Has been one of my constant gripes for ages.
Using this "new" system tidies up the queues and there is no queue jumping BUT also it is much easier for those NOT going to either to get past to go to the Toilet or Telly 10/10

Part 2  :scarf:

Great to see the Half Time Draw results appearing DURING the Second Half several times. Many will know it has also been a suggestion of mine and at last it seems to have been taken up so I can stop posting now 10/10 (for the idea being taken up not for me stopping posting - oh please yourself )

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Credit where it is due (Parts 1 & 2)
« Reply #1 on January 21, 2015, 10:26:49 am by Dagenham Rover »
Think most moaned when the barrier system was taken out but Centreplate insisted it worked better without it, oh the caterers wrong and the fans right, how come I'm not surprised  ;)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 21, 2015, 10:32:59 am by bobjimwilly »
We recently highlighted the terrible queuing system in place at our monthly meeting with the club; glad to see they have made Centerplate change it back :aok:

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 21, 2015, 11:05:21 am by ian1980 »
Speaking of Centreplate, we we're in the premier lounge on Saturday and we ordered a round of drinks for our table for half time, before going out for kick off. Come back in at half time expecting drinks to be sat there but you guest it, they weren't.

After asking the staff on 3 occasions, they finally arrived 5 minutes into the second half. So it's not just in the concourse.

EDIT: just to say that other than the above, the rest of the experience we had in the premier lounge was excellent. I and the others on our table really enjoyed it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 11:08:17 am by ian1980 »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 21, 2015, 11:38:25 am by Filo »
On the issue of centreplate, I wonder why they allow two girls with very long hair to handle food without a hat on?

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 21, 2015, 12:41:21 pm by wesisback »
On the issue of Centreplate why when I ordered a hot dog did the girl look for the prongs, find them on the floor, wipe them on her sleeve and get my hot dog out of the vat. Naturally I took her name and it's been reported back to the club.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 21, 2015, 12:42:54 pm by Donnywolf »
Should have told her where she should put the Hot Dog .... Or maybe she had already done that before dropping the tongs

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 21, 2015, 01:00:02 pm by Filo »
On the issue of Centreplate why when I ordered a hot dog did the girl look for the prongs, find them on the floor, wipe them on her sleeve and get my hot dog out of the vat. Naturally I took her name and it's been reported back to the club.

I detect the sarcasm Wes, but surely a centreplate supervisor would be highlighting a basic breach of hygene regulations without a member of the public doing the job they are paid to do

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 21, 2015, 01:02:11 pm by wesisback »
She was the supervisor I think!  :laugh:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 21, 2015, 01:02:37 pm by bobjimwilly »

did that really happen Wes? :sick:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 21, 2015, 01:03:03 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The queuing thing is one of my bugbears.  It's a long held thing called queuing theory (how apt).  Why they didn't want to use it when it's regarded as the best for sales, ease and for customer happiness I don't know.  It really is basic!

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 21, 2015, 01:08:23 pm by wesisback »

Honestly did Rob. I was stunned. I handed it over to a club official and an SLO as I got the girls name.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 21, 2015, 01:10:15 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Pie and a hot dog yer greedy bugger :)

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 21, 2015, 01:14:14 pm by wesisback »
Ahaha I was waiting for someone to comment. It was a good hour after the pie!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 21, 2015, 01:16:56 pm by Filo »

Honestly did Rob. I was stunned. I handed it over to a club official and an SLO as I got the girls name.

Was this in the West Stand Wes?

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 21, 2015, 01:17:54 pm by wesisback »
South Stand corner. The one that advertises itself as a chicken shack while selling no chicken.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 21, 2015, 01:21:05 pm by Filo »
South Stand corner. The one that advertises itself as a chicken shack while selling no chicken.

OK, that makes two food outlets at the KM that breached Hygiene regulations last night, I'm talking about the centre West Stand outlet

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 21, 2015, 01:39:19 pm by BobG »
Now, if the club mean business, this must at least half way open the door to sacking Centreplate for breach of contract. Two instances like that mean it's not just one weak member of staff having an accident. It could be argued, especially if there are other examples over the last 12 months, that it is systemic.

This is a great big glaring opportunity. Even if they're not sacked the Rovers could scare the living daylights out of them. What, for example, would other footy clubs do if Rovers were to tell them all of what's happened so that they can safeguard their own customers? What would Centreplate do if Rovers threatened to do that? God. I'd love to be dealing with this for Rovers right now.

BobG
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 03:05:24 pm by BobG »

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 21, 2015, 02:08:09 pm by wing commander »
I suspect we are going to get another "we are working closely with centreplate to address your concerns e-mail" Gavin has it  automatically sat in the inbox in case of emergencys...Of course that really should be " I know they are a laughable joke providing shocking service while not really giving a toss but it appears we cant do anything about it".....lol

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 21, 2015, 02:30:04 pm by roversdude »
Why was the West Stand (North end) kiosk closed

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 21, 2015, 02:39:39 pm by Mike_F »
And why when I was starting to feel my blood turn to slush and went for a Bovril on 60 minutes were all the outlets in the South Stand closed?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 21, 2015, 02:47:57 pm by wing commander »
   Mike F that's what has always flabbergasted me since they started....They have a captive audience for 90 minutes a week and they all close after 50 minutes...But I'm really at a loss with this now and am giving up totally with the catering...Martin and the vsc try there best to improve things but frankly despite what they say neither the club or centreplate can have any interest in it because the bottom line is despite countless complaints of the same things and at least 6 "we are working closely" e-mails from the club that I can remember...Nothing has changed in all this time...So that either equates to just general incompetence or lack of interest...take your pick...

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 21, 2015, 03:39:28 pm by bobjimwilly »
What I would say is whilst the club are under contract with Centerplate their actions are limited. There is certainly apparent grounds for Centerplate breaking the terms of their contract with DRFC on numerous occasions IMO, but even if that is true there's nothing the club can do about it realistically until the end of the season. Gavin has assured usthere will be a full review of the catering situation once the season has finished.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 03:42:08 pm by bobjimwilly »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 21, 2015, 03:49:17 pm by Donnywolf »

OK, that makes two food outlets at the KM that breached Hygiene regulations last night, I'm talking about the centre West Stand outlet

I have not noticed whether they display a Food Hygiene Rating ... which may mean I have just missed it  ... or they just have not displayed one .... or its not one they want to advertise

Have been looking at the 0 points 1 point and 2 points recently and there were some surprises on there http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/news/revealed-doncaster-food-outlets-with-the-worst-hygiene-ratings-1-7054937
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 03:54:40 pm by Donnywolf »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 21, 2015, 03:58:56 pm by Dagenham Rover »

I have not noticed whether they display a Food Hygiene Rating ... which may mean I have just missed it  ... or they just have not displayed one .... or its not one they want to advertise

Have been looking at the 0 points 1 point and 2 points recently and there were some surprises on there http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/news/revealed-doncaster-food-outlets-with-the-worst-hygiene-ratings-1-7054937

Actually thats an interesting one should every Kiosk have a seperate hygiene rating or should one "umbrella" rating from the main kitchen/premier lounge cover it? and wheres it displayed anyway?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 21, 2015, 04:24:19 pm by Filo »
We've had the caterers attend the meet the owners event before, I wonder if they could be invited to the forthcoming event?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 21, 2015, 05:32:46 pm by roversdude »
Are all the staff trained ???

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 22, 2015, 12:28:57 am by BobG »
Are they actually human?

BobG

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 22, 2015, 07:44:04 am by The Red Baron »
Are they actually human?

BobG

Bob- androids would probably be a lot more efficient.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 22, 2015, 08:26:17 am by LincsRover »
Are they actually human?

BobG

Bob- androids would probably be a lot more efficient.

And friendly!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012