Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:37:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: f**king dogshit  (Read 8705 times)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
f**king dogshit
« on January 31, 2015, 05:49:32 pm by Boomstick »
2-0 up and bossing the game, why did we  then sit back and allow them back into the game?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

OurAlfsLad

• Forum Member
Re: f***ing dogshit
« Reply #1 on January 31, 2015, 05:51:38 pm by OurAlfsLad »
what a load of crap........your post that is!

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 31, 2015, 05:56:18 pm by graingrover »
Thankyou for such an excellent analysis . We all wait for your comments because not only are you highly considered on here but we depend on you for superior views on football to guide us . I do hope the whole squad read this .. great coach !

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 31, 2015, 05:59:48 pm by Boomstick »
So ill ask again, why the f**k  did we sit back and allow them into the game????!!!

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 31, 2015, 06:01:09 pm by Dutch Uncle »
There are two teams in every game

It is possible that one team presses and forces the other to defend deeper sometimes

Don't know if that was the case today

I for one think it was a good result today - OK it is disappointing to lose a 2-0 lead, but I would have taken 2-2 beforehand.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 31, 2015, 06:01:39 pm by Boomstick »
Should  have continued attacking, we had them on the ropes

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 31, 2015, 06:03:55 pm by boro_rover »
Don't know if you considered it but 2-0 is a decent lead and a defendable one given out recent defensive form. Also Chesterfield had to go more attacking to try and get something out the game.

Your obviously a very poor troll Boomstick.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 31, 2015, 06:04:52 pm by Copps is Magic »
We were sitting back because we were 2-0 up and very dangerous on the counter. Our problems stemmed from Wellens and Keegan sitting too deep by about 5 yards allowing them to play it across both wings where they had their best players. Chesterfield played their part - they're a decent team.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 31, 2015, 06:05:26 pm by dickos1 »
Are you ok??
We didn't sit back, we missed 2 one on ones and hit the post in the 2nd half.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 31, 2015, 06:07:17 pm by mushRTID »
Chesterfield were always going to come back into it, they're a good side. But we just can't miss chances like that. I thought Copps going off gave them more of the ball, Forrester was disappointing. It's a good point but should have been three. Uche looks good and should improve.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 31, 2015, 07:24:30 pm by the vicar »
They was a quality team going forward it is not 2 points lost seeing as they was playing against 10 men all the game with Main on the pitch, but i dont agree with the stats as they say that they had 70% possession 

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 31, 2015, 07:28:27 pm by bpoolrover »
I thought main did ok today,closed the defenders down pressuring from the front

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 31, 2015, 07:36:25 pm by grayx »
I thought main did ok today,closed the defenders down pressuring from the front

Really? I thought he was poor. Does a lot of running around but thats it. Offers little else . Awful finisher.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 31, 2015, 07:54:59 pm by dickos1 »
Main did well today. Their number 5 was a great player, never gave the ball away, set up the first goal. He was controlling the midfield. In the 2nd half Dickov put main on him and it worked.
Also it was a great save when he was clean through but he should have lifted it like he did at Yeovil

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 31, 2015, 08:20:31 pm by firestarter »

They was a quality team going forward it is not 2 points lost seeing as they was playing against 10 men all the game with Main on the pitch, but i dont agree with the stats as they say that they had 70% possession 

Don't know where you got those figures from.. Sky and BBC say it was 56%/44% in CHesterfields favour

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 31, 2015, 08:28:49 pm by grayx »
Main did well today. Their number 5 was a great player, never gave the ball away, set up the first goal. He was controlling the midfield. In the 2nd half Dickov put main on him and it worked.
Also it was a great save when he was clean through but he should have lifted it like he did at Yeovil

I agree their number 5 was a quality player. For the last 20 mins or so we seemed to be playing without a striker though. Main was moving over to the left wing. There was nobody in the centre forward position. Perhaps he was told to do that but we wern't going to score without anyone in the middle.

neil grainger

« Reply #16 on January 31, 2015, 08:47:02 pm by neil grainger »
I didn't go today, so I accept I can't have a view on the game.

But I can have a view on the result, and despite the disappointment of losing a 2-0 lead, we've got a draw away to a team sitting in the play-off positions.

I call that a good result.

I certainly wouldn't call it f*****g dog shit.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 31, 2015, 09:38:30 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Chesterfield changed their formation to 3-5-2 giving them an extra midfielder which we didn't react to until after half time. We were ok until Uche went off then stopped having any cutting edge. Theonly really annoying part was the messing about from 10 mins from the end in the corner which was too early.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 31, 2015, 09:41:12 pm by dickos1 »
I'm not sure we were messing about, we broke but there was nobody in the middle so had nowhere else to go

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 31, 2015, 10:02:33 pm by acacia94 »
Neil – nobody with half a brain cell would call that today f***ing dogshit.
It was probably up there with game of season in terms of quality and a right old ding donger of a local derby.
Chesterfield are probably the best side I've seen this season for speed and attacking zeal. Their movement and the way they pinged the ball around just outside our box was genius. Any proper football fan would stand up and applaud it.
We were no slouches today either and both teams went at it with steam hammers throughout. We had 2 nailed on one-on-one goal chances that Tommy Lee saved from the new lad and Curtis. But they hit the post, pulled a cracking palm it out goal bound chance from Bywater and a beyond belief miss in front of goal that went over the bar.
Belter of a game and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

neil grainger

« Reply #20 on January 31, 2015, 10:28:38 pm by neil grainger »
It was probably up there with game of season in terms of quality and a right old ding donger of a local derby.
Chesterfield are probably the best side I've seen this season for speed and attacking zeal. Their movement and the way they pinged the ball around just outside our box was genius. Any proper football fan would stand up and applaud it.
We were no slouches today either and both teams went at it with steam hammers throughout. We had 2 nailed on one-on-one goal chances that Tommy Lee saved from the new lad and Curtis. But they hit the post, pulled a cracking palm it out goal bound chance from Bywater and a beyond belief miss in front of goal that went over the bar.

Many thanks acacia, an excellent account of the game which is much appreciated. I wish I'd been there - you make it sound like a really enjoyable local derby.

Thanks again for taking the time to post your match summary.
After feeling concerned about our season and being critical of DP a few weeks ago, I'm starting to feel more positive after this unbeaten run.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 31, 2015, 10:32:10 pm by dickos1 »

It was a good attacking game,
We hit the post though, don't recall them doing so

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 31, 2015, 10:36:30 pm by acacia94 »
Cheers Neil – whoever gets Doyle in the window will be laughing. He was bloody marvellous today. Maybe they'll hang on to him but I doubt it.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 31, 2015, 11:08:09 pm by Alan Southstand »
It definitely wasn't dogsh1t, but it should have been after about 10 mins! We should have had that sewn up and because we didn't change tactics, we threw away 2 pts. PD has to take some responsibility for that.

We maybe didn't have the right tools in the box to counter Chesterfield's attempt at getting back at us but we ended up overrun in midfield. DVR is spot on and that's why it appeared we sat back - it was purely a numbers thing. Why didn't he change it - ask PD.

Frustrating for me.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 31, 2015, 11:15:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
First time I've seen Doyle, but I can see what the fuss is about. He's a superb player.

There was one little moment in the first half where his movement reminded me if Davor Suker.

O'Shea made a run down the left wing. Doyle sprinted into the box with McCullough then just stopped 8-9 yards out as McCullough kept on running. Meant he had 5 yards of space when the cross came in. He actually then slightly scuffed the shot but the movement was first class. It's SO simple when you see it, but so hard to get right.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 31, 2015, 11:24:28 pm by dickos1 »
It definitely wasn't dogsh1t, but it should have been after about 10 mins! We should have had that sewn up and because we didn't change tactics, we threw away 2 pts. PD has to take some responsibility for that.

We maybe didn't have the right tools in the box to counter Chesterfield's attempt at getting back at us but we ended up overrun in midfield. DVR is spot on and that's why it appeared we sat back - it was purely a numbers thing. Why didn't he change it - ask PD.

Frustrating for me.

Why should he have changed it?
We put the two one and ones away and it's a fantastic result. Not upto Dickov to put those away.
We looked dangerous the whole game and they had very few chances, I'd say we got the tactics spot on.

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 31, 2015, 11:25:26 pm by acacia94 »
Sorry Dickos1, you're right. We hit the post. Thats the last of the birthday Jack Daniels talking and not remembering the facts.
We were very good for loads of today but my god for spells their attacking was up there with the best – I'm thinking Swansea when they were on their rise.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 01, 2015, 12:11:27 am by Alan Southstand »
Dickos - why did Chesterfield change things? Answer - because they had to. We didn't react at all to the changes they made.

That result was just waiting to happen because we did nothing about closing the game out. I thought the idea was to get 3 pts, not go hell bent on trying to entertain all and sundry.

That second half should have been boring to watch and a 2-1 victory.

Yes, we created chances on the break-away mainly but Chesterfield had their fair share of chances that should have been put away, or have you got a selective memory on that.

I know we have limited resources but we can't keep throwing good points away.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 01, 2015, 12:26:21 am by dickos1 »
I don't have a selective memory, but I know they didn't have any chances as clear cut as we did.
Also there's other topics on this forum tonight complaining that we sat back at 2-0.
So either way Dickov can't please everyone

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 01, 2015, 12:37:21 am by acacia94 »
I've never seen PD sit back. There's half the problem with a bloke that's from a strikers mentality. I like his shit or bust win at all cost but had we held on for a point at QPR last season for a point instead of attacking from that corner we would have stayed up. it was a point that would have kept us up.
No tears but the little fella is still learning his trade.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012