Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 12:13:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tyson is like lightning!  (Read 6454 times)

POD

• Forum Member
Tyson is like lightning!
« on February 14, 2015, 06:23:28 pm by POD »
What a turn of speed from Nathan Tyson in setting up the third goal.

According to the BBC Sport website text commentary, it was just 4 seconds in between the clearance off the line by Dean Furman and Kyle Bennett hitting the back of the net at the other end. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the goal on the FLS later, hope they show the whole four seconds.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
Re: Tyson is like lightning!
« Reply #1 on February 14, 2015, 06:53:04 pm by Jimmydee »
It would have been more that 4 seconds if the timer had pressed the start on their stopwatch, Usain Bolt couldn't catch up at that speed with a running start.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 14, 2015, 07:01:25 pm by RobTheRover »
Definitely longer than 4 seconds.  More likely around 10.  Yeovil were probably enjoying their best spell of the game at that point and that goal completely knocked the stuffing out of them.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 14, 2015, 07:09:30 pm by The Red Baron »
It would have been more that 4 seconds if the timer had pressed the start on their stopwatch, Usain Bolt couldn't catch up at that speed with a running start.

Maybe Tyson is actually faster than Bolt.    :ohmy:

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 14, 2015, 07:35:55 pm by ravenrover »
As I remember it Furman clearance off the line, Razak header to Tyson on corner of our box off he went down the left side leaving a couple of Yeovil lads floundering and several seconds later squared it for Bennett who had kept up with him in the right side of the pitch. I'd have said 15-20 seconds from clearance on our line to goal at the other end.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 14, 2015, 07:48:52 pm by POD »
As I remember it Furman clearance off the line, Razak header to Tyson on corner of our box off he went down the left side leaving a couple of Yeovil lads floundering and several seconds later squared it for Bennett who had kept up with him in the right side of the pitch. I'd have said 15-20 seconds from clearance on our line to goal at the other end.

Yes, I don't think that the BBC text service is entirely reliable, so 15/20 seconds is about right. 

It was nice to see Tyson showing the sort of pace that he regularly displayed when at Forest and gives us some confidence that he is over his early season injury and can be a huge asset to us in our push for the play offs.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 14, 2015, 07:52:42 pm by IDM »
Tyson now has 9 goals for us this season.  The BBC for some reason doesn't count his penalty at Burton in the JPT.

This is a great return for a player who hasn't scored many in recent seasons..

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 14, 2015, 08:11:57 pm by RobTheRover »
Agreed, and he looks to be really enjoying his football too.  A happy squad is a successful squad.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 14, 2015, 10:44:22 pm by GazLaz »
Tyson is a different level of fast. Probably the fastest player I've seen outside the Prem.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 14, 2015, 10:46:22 pm by adamtherover »
If you see his interview where he says he fell out of love with football, that man is long gone.. His spark is back, and there's one man to thank for that...

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 14, 2015, 10:47:58 pm by knockers »
Thanks Adam. I wondered when I'd get credit for summat

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 14, 2015, 10:53:02 pm by adamtherover »
You are welcome sir..

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 15, 2015, 07:00:17 am by GazLaz »
There's only one Playoff spot available really. Sheff U will finish in them so there will be plenty of teams after 6th.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 15, 2015, 07:14:25 am by Donnywolf »
Definitely longer than 4 seconds.  More likely around 10.  Yeovil were probably enjoying their best spell of the game at that point and that goal completely knocked the stuffing out of them.

... ironic as they ended up being completely stuffed !

Hope this result also ends certain peoples views that they are a bogey team. They get right up my nose usually but we picked them off brilliantly yesterday !

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 15, 2015, 09:23:40 am by Filo »
Lets not forget the only player to keep up with him on that run was the goal scorer

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 15, 2015, 09:27:56 am by RobTheRover »
Reminded me a bit of a certain day in London a couple of years ago.....

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 15, 2015, 09:33:26 am by Filo »
Reminded me a bit of a certain day in London a couple of years ago.....

Only that one was performed in slow motion in comparison :)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 15, 2015, 09:50:24 am by RobTheRover »
Nah,  most people only saw the last 2 seconds of it. Too busy jumping about like loons from Trotta 's miss.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 15, 2015, 09:54:11 am by dknward2 »
Just counted from Furman off the line to it crossing the line 13 seconds

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 15, 2015, 11:54:08 am by Ian Nimmo »
I for one have stated how useless Main & Robinson have been so far but have always left Tyson out of any adverse comments.
Clearly the amount of football he has played before this season has taken its affect so far and in his words he has not been strong enough to take being 'kicked off the park'
We've been a little unlucky so far with Nathan, buts lets all hope he stays fit for the remaining games.

His pass over to Kyle, who did have a defender in close proximity was absolutely brilliant particularly after such a lengthy run at speed.

Nathan and Uche could be a real handful for any defence.

Thought he deserved his MOTM, but Keegan yesterday was close

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 15, 2015, 02:50:34 pm by Al4475 »
Nathan 'usain paynter' tyson! Great run and a better player for us than I for one thought he was gonna be! Top man!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 15, 2015, 07:48:19 pm by GazLaz »
Lets not forget the only player to keep up with him on that run was the goal scorer

Tyson would lap Bennett over 100m. Infact I'd say Tyson is faster with the ball than Bennett is sprinting.

RobbieDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 15, 2015, 08:31:22 pm by RobbieDRFC »
I know the club do sprint tests etc throughout the season, although I don't believe they test over 100m. it be interesting to know the times they clock up.

neil grainger

« Reply #23 on February 15, 2015, 09:03:17 pm by neil grainger »
An absolutely epic run from Tyson, what a player, what a bloke.

Really enjoyed the game yesterday... can we dream of the play-offs?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 15, 2015, 09:11:31 pm by Donnywolf »
Better wait for Bentley Bullet - he's due one !

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 15, 2015, 09:51:56 pm by RobTheRover »
I know the club do sprint tests etc throughout the season, although I don't believe they test over 100m. it be interesting to know the times they clock up.

I know they did sprint tests over half a pitch length in pre-season.  Tyson was at least 5 yards ahead of everyone else.  He ought to be nicknamed "The Flash"

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 15, 2015, 10:03:18 pm by Mike_F »
The run was fantastic. It can't have been easy running at full pelt like that to find the gap and play a perfect square ball to Benno. Add that to his great forward play to get himself in the right place for the keeper's fumble and his quality finish on Tuesday. There's a lad bang in form and loving it!

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 15, 2015, 10:11:35 pm by Move DRFC »
Tyson hasn't half proved me wrong. His record last few years before he signed for us was worse than Phil Neville's hair, but he's been fantastic for us. Hopefully double figures for his tally Tuesday night

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 16, 2015, 01:00:22 am by BillyStubbsTears »
100m sprint time isn't usually important in football though. It's usually more about acceleration over 5-15 yards to create space.

Back in the early 80s, there was a full-length sprint competition at half time in a match at Bramall Lane. All the six local football clubs sent their fastest player, plus the two South Yorks Rugby League sides.

As I recall it, the two rugby players win by a street with Neil Turner from the Dons winning by a short head. Which makes sense, because rugby backs often get the chance to gallop the length of the pitch to score. But most football players don't make a full length of the pitch sprint in their whole career.

Does anyone remember that Bramall Lane sprint? I seem to recall that the Rovers player was Paul Holmes. 

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 16, 2015, 08:04:03 am by Ldr »

He did have a 1/4 pitch head start though since he was loitering on the 1/2 way line

TinyPortal © 2005-2012