Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 06:57:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 2 Highlights Today  (Read 3650 times)

Mike_F

• VSC Member
2 Highlights Today
« on February 14, 2015, 11:35:17 pm by Mike_F »
1. I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere but that backheeled flick from Wellens across the park in the first half was sublime. I've criticised him at times for trying to play the Hollywood ball when there are simple options on but on this occasion there wasn't a straightforward ball and his nonchalance as he delivered a world-class pass rolled back the years.

2. Furman's finish. He's not known for scoring goals but any top striker would be proud of his cool slide-rule finish today. We made the most of our clear-cut chances today and that was enough to run out comfortable winners.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

eastender

• VSC Member
Re: 2 Highlights Today
« Reply #1 on February 15, 2015, 12:42:10 am by eastender »
1. I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere but that backheeled flick from Wellens across the park in the first half was sublime. I've criticised him at times for trying to play the Hollywood ball when there are simple options on but on this occasion there wasn't a straightforward ball and his nonchalance as he delivered a world-class pass rolled back the years.

2. Furman's finish. He's not known for scoring goals but any top striker would be proud of his cool slide-rule finish today. We made the most of our clear-cut chances today and that was enough to run out comfortable winners.

1. Showboating , not just Wellens but the whole team....at 1-0 .

10 Mins either side of half time the whole team switched off/ became lethargic  because it was to easy.

2.Furmans finish was good but a tad fortunate , Mains pass took a wicked deflection in Furmans favour
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 01:12:56 am by eastender »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 15, 2015, 01:33:31 am by IDM »
There was nothing fortunate about Furman's finish - yes Main's pass was deflected but the goal was well taken..

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 15, 2015, 03:01:42 am by hoolahoop »

10 Mins either side of half time the whole team switched off/ became lethargic  because it was to easy.

2.Furmans finish was good but a tad fortunate , Mains pass took a wicked deflection in Furmans favour

Agree with you slightly about the "showboating" - its that enjoyable to watch so we need to cut it out ;). I don't agree with you about 2) however.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 15, 2015, 09:22:39 am by RobTheRover »
I agree with Mike. Wellens had a Yeovil player closing him down and knew he had an option behind him. I'm sure he didn't think "I know,  I'll pose off a bit here" . It's just instinctive.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 15, 2015, 09:27:30 am by Jonathan »

It sounds horrendous...

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 15, 2015, 09:59:41 pm by Mike_F »
As I stated, there wasn't really another option on for Wellens. He picked out a team mate wit a lofted backheel that came entirely naturally.

Also the path of the ball into Furman has absolutely no relevance whatsoever. I was lauding his cool, well-placed finish.

Bloody rubbish, Rovers...

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 16, 2015, 01:13:27 pm by eastender »
Ok may Be show boating was the wrong word , but complacency had definitely crept in .
We've seen it too often at the keepmoat when 1-0 up and been punished for it many times.

Liam Hoden  seems to agree.

"But they would have a strong period just before the break when sloppy play from Rovers let them into the game.

Paul Dickov confessed to criticising his players at half time due to this period and they did look in need of a reminder of the fragility of their lead."

http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/doncaster-rovers/match-analysis-doncaster-rovers-3-yeovil-town-0-dickov-s-men-have-found-the-answer-to-keepmoat-quandary-1-7108478

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 16, 2015, 03:42:27 pm by glosterred »
Highlight for me was the break Tyson made for the 3rd goal, like lightning up the pitch and then unselfishly putting it across goal for Bennett to score.

Another highlight but not from this game. At the end of the Crawley game, the whole team, subs and coaching staff came across the pitch to the marquee that we were seated in and applauded the travelling fans. Nice touch from them.

COYR

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 16, 2015, 04:04:09 pm by nice one rovers »

To the moderators.
Can't we have some kind of rule whereby you have to actually be a supporter of Donny Rovers to be on here? We seem to have a disproportionate amount of negativity. It's mind numbing, as a group of fans we should be over the moon with the club and its fortunes of late.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 16, 2015, 05:07:51 pm by les@donr »

Agree with your sentiments. No one should be criticizing the team, when they've had two big wins, with 8 goals scored and none conceded. You can't ask for anything more, the players and coaching staff have done a fantastic job this past week, long may it continue, starting tomorrow against Crewe.

To the moderators.
Can't we have some kind of rule whereby you have to actually be a supporter of Donny Rovers to be on here? We seem to have a disproportionate amount of negativity. It's mind numbing, as a group of fans we should be over the moon with the club and its fortunes of late.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 17, 2015, 10:52:25 am by eastender »

To the moderators.

Never heard such crap.....So i'm not a Rovers supporter just because i voice my concerns over the team becoming complacent when in total control of a game .  :facepalm:

Can i point out that like you i'm a VSC member who but who could actually be bothered to turn up to the AGM, and have even made more posts on this forum than you....but you think i'm don't support DRFC.   :facepalm:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 17, 2015, 11:03:54 am by bobjimwilly »
come on folks, we're all Donny...

http://youtu.be/Y34RlJ0L0xE?t=16s

TinyPortal © 2005-2012