Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:27:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Rate the ref

4 (14.8%)
19 (70.4%)
3 (11.1%)
1 (3.7%)
0 (0%)
0 - totally useless
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Rovers v Colchester 28/2/15. Peter Bankes  (Read 2407 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Rovers v Colchester 28/2/15. Peter Bankes
« on February 23, 2015, 04:40:48 pm by The Red Baron »
Referee: Peter Bankes.
Assistants: Andrew Fox & Paul Thompson.
4th: Thomas Bramall.

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers v Colchester 28/2/15. Peter Bankes
« Reply #1 on February 28, 2015, 05:35:13 pm by Filo »
Decent set of officials for a change, did n't think ours was a pen though, and showed inconsistancy booking main for kicking the ball away but not booking the Colchester player. Even the West Stand lino had eyes!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 28, 2015, 07:48:17 pm by Donnywolf »
Awarded my biggest ever mark today.

This bloke could go places ! The game was not about HIM and he got a lot of the decisions right (bearing in mind he got only one look and I got one from much further away)

I commended the early booking by 20 because all the players knew that no messing would be tolerated. Main was destined for a Card the second he heaved that ball miles after being caught offside. Deserved whichever team did it

2 blokes near me thought the Ref was shit for booking him but I wonder what they would have been saying v Bristol City - you CANT have it both ways

I liked the way he checked corners at the North West Corner to see the players had put the ball in the quadrant - inspired and he only needed to do it once and the players knew not to f*** with him

The Ref did miss a blatant corner to them right at end of first half but I was side on to it and he was "blinded" by the Players backs . He could have played an advantage for us at one point but he is human after all - unlike the cnut from Tuesday

4 out of 5 my highest score ever

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 28, 2015, 07:58:42 pm by uptonson »

This bloke could go places ! The game was not about HIM and he got a lot of the decisions right (bearing in mind he got only one look and I got one from much further away)

I commended the early booking by 20 because all the players knew that no messing would be tolerated. Main was destined for a Card the second he heaved that ball miles after being caught offside. Deserved whichever team did it

2 blokes near me thought the Ref was shit for booking him but I wonder what they would have been saying v Bristol City - you CANT have it both ways

I liked the way he checked corners at the North West Corner to see the players had put the ball in the quadrant - inspired and he only needed to do it once and the players knew not to f*** with him

The Ref did miss a blatant corner to them right at end of first half but I was side on to it and he was "blinded" by the Players backs . He could have played an advantage for us at one point but he is human after all - unlike the cnut from Tuesday

First season as a League Ref., agreed could go places.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 28, 2015, 08:21:55 pm by POD »

Agree with all that - 4/5 from me as well.  The early booking set his marker for the game and that seemed to earn the respect of the players.

The Colchester penalty was justified.  I've seen the replay and although Goals Express said it was a foul by McCullough, it was a little push by Wabara which put the player off balance.

Excellent match for the ref.  All we want is for him to get the big decisions right and he did that. 

robchester

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 28, 2015, 08:27:18 pm by robchester »
Best ref I've seen in a long time
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 08:34:32 pm by robchester »

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 28, 2015, 08:32:21 pm by RTID75 »
4/5. Not perfect, but a whole world away from Tuesday night's excuse of a ref.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012