Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 11:10:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: time to write the season off  (Read 16766 times)

Al4475

• VSC Member
Re: time to write the season off
« Reply #30 on February 26, 2015, 05:29:41 pm by Al4475 »
'Couldn't the vsc discourage members from saying this sort of thing' - apologies if not quoted exactly!

Not really no, we host the forum, only a couple of us moderate and that wouldn't allow people to voice their opinions! I'm a board member and have differing opinions on some subjects to other board members, but they are my opinions and theirs and none vsc members too and the viking chat forum would cease to exist without differing opinions!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 26, 2015, 06:05:00 pm by wilts rover »
I'm pretty independent Boomstick..The problem is your ALWAYS without fail so bloody NEGATIVE...wether it be with the board,manager or players..and people just don't debate because your so consistent in your negativety...It's all about balance......

On this issue,i cant see why we need to write off this season..We are there and there abouts and like whats been said nobody has gained ground on us..Its just waiting for a team to put a string of wins together and raise the bar and I don't see why that cant be us....
I put a positive slant on it, in that we have things to look forward to next season.

If you take time to look at the league table, you can see why I'm writing the season off

I hope you didn't take issue with my response either?

If you look at the league table, we are outside the play offs on goal difference.  Anyone can beat anyone in this league.  Therefore the argument is the season is far from over. I would agree if we were 8-10 points outside the play offs and a similar amount above relegation, but the points ranges are much smaller.
No issue with what you said either

Well I have an issue with what you say. So its OK for you to rude, ignorant and offensive but not other posters is it? So which little world do you live in - one that seems to think how many people are jumping up and down at a football match I more important than the football apparently.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 26, 2015, 06:16:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Surely you haven't got an issue with what I said Boomstick?

I said you have a habit of posting shite. You do.
I said you've surpassed yourself this time. You have.
I said that if we follow your logic, Bradford should also pretty much give up on the play-offs.

None of that was sarcasm. It was a reasonable and balanced response to your post.

If you want a more detailed response, here you go. I am genuinely bewildered that anyone can possibly think that a side with the 7th best record in the division and out of the play-ifs on goal difference should give up with 14 games to go. You put a lot of emphasis on what you see as our side's failings, but then ignore the fact that all the sides round us are equally (or more) fallible.

I know you have an inflated idea of your own opinions, but we do not have to come up to some arbitrary standard of yours to hit the play-offs. We have to finish one place ahead of the 7th best side.

Now, I'm not saying we WILL do that, still less win the play-offs if we do make 6th place. But I for one will not be writing off any chances of us actually making the play-offs at this stage. Because that would be a bone-headed thing to do, with no sense to it at all.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 26, 2015, 06:25:57 pm by Al4475 »
Interesting reading pdx? Do share!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 26, 2015, 06:30:08 pm by wing commander »
Sssssh pdx

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 26, 2015, 06:34:18 pm by Al4475 »
Cue a sudden rush of drfc fans paying a few quid for access all areas of companies house website!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 26, 2015, 07:20:05 pm by Filo »
Anyone checked Companies House lately?

Would you care to elaborate?

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 26, 2015, 07:37:14 pm by Prez »
Quite possibly the most pessimistic topic I have ever read. Give up 1 point of the play offs?

Staggering.

Churchill would be turning in his grave.

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 26, 2015, 07:45:49 pm by Savvy »
lets get one thing straight, we won't see the Championship again with this Chairman at the helm!

He's already stated that he see's us as a League 1 - 2 side and due to attendances championship football cannot be sustained!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 26, 2015, 08:04:33 pm by silent majority »
Has he? Can you point me to that particular quote somewhere?

I suppose if you peddle a myth often enough it takes on some kind of credence.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 26, 2015, 08:07:19 pm by wesisback »

Behave! You know exactly what's being referred to!
However I agree that Mark should spit out his statement instead of talking in riddles or cease from posting on the subject at all.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 08:18:23 pm by wesco1986 »

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on February 26, 2015, 08:15:52 pm by Lesonthewest »
All we can do is keep going, try & improve our home record & see where we end up, some really tough games coming up & I personally feel against the better sides we may come unstuck defensively, admittededly the signings of Butler & Bywater have steadied the ship, but I still feel we look fragile defensively, even against average sides, even Crewe could have 3 up by half time. We need a partner for Butler, don't  think McCombe or McCullough are the answer, if we address that, reckon we could be a lot stronger next season, oh & work on defending set pieces, Brian Horton? But for now let's make the Keepmoat a harder place for opponents to get a result, & take that into next season.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 26, 2015, 08:27:59 pm by Filo »

Behave! You know exactly what's being referred to!
However I agree that Mark should spit out his statement instead of talking in riddles or cease from posting on the subject at all.

Do I?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 26, 2015, 08:51:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Wesco.

Interesting that you have taken it on yourself to tell people when they should stop posting. I always thought you believed in people being allowed to post what they want on here.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 26, 2015, 08:54:30 pm by wesisback »
Pdx and wing commander making cryptic posts about Companies house. You dont need to work at Bletchley Park to figure it out.
William, on the contrary, I believe if they want to make a statement they should have the balls to do so instead of speaking in riddles and chortling among themselves.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 26, 2015, 09:00:45 pm by Iberian Red »
Pdx and wing commander making cryptic posts about Companies house. You dont need to work at Bletchley Park to figure it out.
William, on the contrary, I believe if they want to make a statement they should have the balls to do so instead of speaking in riddles and chortling among themselves.

People with different opinions to you. They must be sock puppet accounts.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on February 26, 2015, 09:10:36 pm by Filo »

I remember a certain little group doing that exact thing just prior to the failed takeover last year!

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on February 26, 2015, 09:12:36 pm by wesisback »
A certain little group? Would you like to find a group quote on the subject spoken in riddles?
I won't argue the 'little' as I don't wish to embarrass.

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #48 on February 26, 2015, 09:19:05 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
perhaps the op should consider that you can be comparitivley shite and still make the playoffs. I mean 6th is no big deal. As nathan tyson recentley pointed out on rovers player blackpool made the prem with 67 points.
Exciting as they are the play offs reward mediocrity so it still could be our season.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 26, 2015, 09:25:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Is it nearly close-season time again?

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on February 26, 2015, 09:36:25 pm by roversam »
Feed the broomstick and he'll just spout more shite he's nowt but a wum, a crap one at that.

BlackBank

« Reply #51 on February 26, 2015, 09:56:33 pm by BlackBank »
This is the least intresting thread on this forum at the moment. It seems that someone knows something and, reading between the lines what with John Ryans recent farewell posts on Facebook and statements that we should check companies house it seems that there may have been a change of ownership.

Rather than flirting with each other why not post what you know or is this some sort of secret squirrel club?

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on February 26, 2015, 10:33:09 pm by andysly »
Walsall,port vale, oldham, Bristol city, just four teams there that we've lost 22 pts to we still got mk Dons,Swindon, bradford, Preston to play, potentionely we could lose 12 pts here so maybe boomstick got good reason to say what he thinks about the season

Would that be the MKD, Swindon, Bradford & Preston we got 8 points from earlier in the season.

The top 4 are stuck on to be the top 4 come the end of April, Sheff Utd look like they've given themselves a bit of breathing space, leaving 6th up for grabs between a host of teams who have produced erratic form throughout the season. Nobody down to about 18th should give up the ghost this season.
It could well be a record low unless someone puts together 4 or 5 straight wins soon.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on February 26, 2015, 10:45:30 pm by Askern_reds »
as anybody thought what would happen to us if we don't make play offs or go up? ie playing budget , manager, money to put into the much talked about youth academy and scouting system, will that money still be there? my own opinion it will be disastrous for us to fail, and must say with hand on heart it could take us years to get out of this div

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
meanwhile if responders to this thread can stop banging their head against a brick wall for a moment  :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
there is a real world out there where money talks (apart from the premiership & "allegedly" FIFA) it's called the world of bookmakers

the best odds to make the top 6 are

7/2 bradford
7/1 oldham
8/1 Rovers
8/1 fleetwood
10/1 rochdale
14/1 chesterfield (were 2/1 not long ago when rovers were 9/1)
16/1 peterborough
20/1 gillingham
20/1 Scunthorpe
20/1 walsall
25/1 port vale
25/1 barnsley
66/1 notts county
100/1 crewe
125/1 coventry
125/1 orient
250/1 colchester
500/1 crawley
500/1 yeovil

...   so in the AUTHOR OF THIS THREADS "ALTERNATIVE" ALMOST  "harry potter world" with people flying around on broomsticks rovers are out of it  :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

so BROOMSTICK the question is "WITCH" team out of the above will make the play offs ?

according to your "logic"  to quote  "duncan Macleod"  "there can only be one " team Bradford

failing that 6th place is abandoned at the request of broomstick  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.oddschecfinishker.com/football/english/league-1/top-6-

for the record statto.com is predicting bradford & rovers finishing joint 6th with 65 points - which i believe must be a record low if it happens

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on February 27, 2015, 01:22:25 am by andysly »
I'd say the bookies have been swayed by Bradford's cup exploits to be so short, favourites maybe, but not 7/2.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on February 27, 2015, 01:42:13 pm by IDM »
as anybody thought what would happen to us if we don't make play offs or go up? ie playing budget , manager, money to put into the much talked about youth academy and scouting system, will that money still be there? my own opinion it will be disastrous for us to fail, and must say with hand on heart it could take us years to get out of this div

I see no reason why next season in League One wouldn't be the same (in the terms you mention) as this season -apart from any takeover talk.

Why would it be any different?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on February 27, 2015, 01:59:30 pm by bpoolrover »
Agree idm I don't see why anything should change,maybe another season or 2 in this leauge will help us strengthen certain areas before hopefully going up

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 27, 2015, 02:37:26 pm by wing commander »
I wasn't inferring anything actually...Anybody can access the basic information

http://companycheck.co.uk/director/900160089/MR-JOHN-MICHAEL-RYAN

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on February 27, 2015, 02:38:13 pm by BobG »
Where would you like to strengthen?  (I'm not being sarky or patronising. I'd like to know)

Cheers

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012