Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 03:47:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jeremy Clarkson in trouble again  (Read 54904 times)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Re: Jeremy Clarkson in trouble again
« Reply #90 on March 17, 2015, 05:12:03 pm by bobjimwilly »
My insider says micks insider is talking crap, as they were both talking to Al Pacino and Russell Crowe in LA about a sequel at the time...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on March 25, 2015, 02:28:58 pm by rich1471 »
Just said his contract will not be renewed at the end of his current contract which runs out in about 4 weeks I think the guy is a kn0b but he makes top gear fun and fun to watch I don't even like cars and don't have  a clue about them I just get in mine a drive don't care about what it looks like of the colour but he makes me won't to watch the program and without him that special something he brings to it will be lost , some will not agree with me I know but he does have a talent

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on March 25, 2015, 02:31:40 pm by Lipsy »
Talent or no, loved or loathed, the plank hit someone he works with so he's been the architect of his own downfall. I have no sympathy for him whatsoever, but I see the BBC has taken the chicken route and stopped short of sacking him out-right. Bottlers.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on March 25, 2015, 02:46:26 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Perhaps it's best that Clarkson's leaving the BBC. On reflection of this thread there should just be people on TV who we all like. Then at least we wouldn't get folk who hate someone calling folk that don't 'retards', and the like.

Perhaps TV should be full of squeaky clean, nice people, who just tell us what we all want to hear.

Now then, how do we compromise......

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on March 25, 2015, 02:56:26 pm by Lipsy »
Freedom to express your opinions is one thing; abusing your perceived authority by way of verbal and physical assault is quite another.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 04:51:50 pm by Lipsy »

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on March 25, 2015, 03:28:17 pm by coventryrover »
BBC bottled it by not sacking.  Read the findings to what he actually did and then say he doesn't deserve to be punished.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on March 25, 2015, 03:30:17 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BBC bottled it by not sacking.  Read the findings to what he actually did and then say he doesn't deserve to be punished.

You talking to me?

GM-MarkB

« Reply #97 on March 25, 2015, 05:26:26 pm by GM-MarkB »
Give it 12 months and Sky will have a brand new motoring show with a team of 'well known' presenters

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on March 25, 2015, 05:29:08 pm by Lipsy »
Sky has already said: "[We] can confirm he is not coming to work at Sky in any capacity." So you're probably right.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on March 25, 2015, 07:15:03 pm by IC1967 »
I've been speaking to my man in the know and can confirm the following. Jeremy, James and Richard will be fronting a new similar type programme on Sky or Netflix. They will all get big pay rises and will be allowed to be as politically incorrect as they want to be. There is no way James or Richard will carry on with Top Gear.

Jeremy is particularly saddened that the BBC was unable to find a solution other than sacking him. He was hoping that his many years of loyalty to Top Gear earning far less than he would have done if he had gone to Sky as Rupert Murdoch had always wanted, hasn't been repaid.

He was quite happy to be punished as what he did was wrong, but hoped that getting the sack would not be the way it was done.

He feels it is the leftie brigade that has done for him with the BBC. He says they will rue the day. I tend to agree.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on March 25, 2015, 07:46:06 pm by Sprotyrover »
Mental note to self don't invest in Netflix. The bloke is a 'Shirt front'
Even david Cameron likes him!

Orlandokarla

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on March 25, 2015, 08:03:45 pm by Orlandokarla »
I've been speaking to my man in the know....
Your "man in the know" has already stated that it was a "40 minute row," and that he may sign up with Sky. Both massively wide of the mark. I suggest you find a different source, if he ever existed.

Assaulting somebody because he chose to stay out late in the pub, and consequently missed his dinner? It sounds more like domestic violence fuelled by alcohol, than professional behaviour from somebody old enough to know better.

Who the hell does he think he is? It sounds like the big baby has gotten what he deserved.

Politics and "talent" doesn't come into it; the man is clearly violent and unprofessional towards his colleagues. How could they possibly justify not sacking him?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on March 25, 2015, 09:25:32 pm by Donnywolf »
...fuelled by Alcohol ?

My sources reckon he was drinking Rose Wine - Blush Wine White Zin in Orlando. How many bottles of that would it take to become even merry ?

For me 6 or 7 and I am not boasting !

All the rest of your points were well made. I suspect he engineered it all anyway to move on elsewhere but hey that is just my guess ... now where's my 3rd bottle of Blush gone ?

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on March 25, 2015, 10:09:02 pm by IC1967 »
I've been speaking to my man in the know....
Your "man in the know" has already stated that it was a "40 minute row," and that he may sign up with Sky. Both massively wide of the mark. I suggest you find a different source, if he ever existed.

Assaulting somebody because he chose to stay out late in the pub, and consequently missed his dinner? It sounds more like domestic violence fuelled by alcohol, than professional behaviour from somebody old enough to know better.

Who the hell does he think he is? It sounds like the big baby has gotten what he deserved.

Politics and "talent" doesn't come into it; the man is clearly violent and unprofessional towards his colleagues. How could they possibly justify not sacking him?

How has he gotten what he deserved? He'll be getting a big pay rise. The sales of his books and DVDs have increased dramatically since the fracas. He will benefit immensely.

That is not a punishment for him. The only people that will be punished are the ones that lose their Top Gear jobs. The hundreds of millions world wide that are fans of the show have been punished. The BBC through loss of revenue have been punished. I could go on.

He should have been punished but he hasn't been. You lefties need to get a grip.

Orlandokarla

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on March 26, 2015, 12:18:54 am by Orlandokarla »
...fuelled by Alcohol ?

My sources reckon he was drinking Rose Wine - Blush Wine White Zin in Orlando. How many bottles of that would it take to become even merry ?

All the rest of your points were well made. I suspect he engineered it all anyway to move on elsewhere but hey that is just my guess ... now where's my 3rd bottle of Blush gone ?

Reread my post. You might better comprehend at the 2nd attempt.

I suggested that the reported behaviour was more akin to a drunken domestic disturbance than the level of professional conduct expected by somebody employed by the BBC.

Orlandokarla

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on March 26, 2015, 02:38:13 am by Orlandokarla »
Whatever happens after his "sacking," is irrelevant, and yes, that includes whether or not he subsequently benefits financially. Should the CPS decide to prosecute, or the producer to sue, the possibility of any upturn in income for Clarkson as a result of the publicity, should not be a factor for consideration.

If you behave in the manner that has been reported, you should face the consequences, end of story. In a place of work, that means termination on the grounds of gross misconduct. Moral implications aside, as an employer, the BBC has an obligation to protect their employees. Continuing to employ an individual who has (allegedly?) criminally assaulted a colleague, is unacceptable.

How has he been punished? Well, he has been publicly and professionally embarrassed for a start. Some deluded fans will forgive their idols of almost anything, and make excuses for them - nothing new there, but to those whom are not his groupies, he has been exposed as an unprofessional and thoroughly unpleasant man.
Nobody likes being fired, especially somebody with an ego. What ego? An ego so big that they'd assault a colleague because they chose to stay late in a pub and consequently missed dinner.
I refuse to believe that somebody with such an ego isn't stung by being told their behaviour is unacceptable like a naughty schoolboy. It's probably the first time he has been truly humbled in a very long time. I don't doubt that he thought he'd get another warning. After all, surely they couldn't/wouldn't fire him?

The fans of the show are an irrelevance. If they are "harmed" by the consequences of Clarkson's actions, then perhaps instead of offering moral support, excusing his behaviour, and condoning his petulance by buying his latest book or CD, maybe they should let him know how badly he has let them all down.

I have no opinion regarding anyone who enjoyed the show or his brand of humour, but those fans who are making excuses for him are sad, blinkered fanboys.

I'm not sure how political ideals are relevant to the issue at hand, i.e an employee assaulting another, but good try Mick! :laugh:

Donnywolf, why on earth would he feel the need to engineer a move, when his contract is up next month? Surely a Top Gear contract on the table would increase his bargaining power with a potential new employer?  :blink:

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on March 26, 2015, 10:22:01 am by IC1967 »
Whatever happens after his "sacking," is irrelevant, and yes, that includes whether or not he subsequently benefits financially. Should the CPS decide to prosecute, or the producer to sue, the possibility of any upturn in income for Clarkson as a result of the publicity, should not be a factor for consideration.

If you behave in the manner that has been reported, you should face the consequences, end of story. In a place of work, that means termination on the grounds of gross misconduct. Moral implications aside, as an employer, the BBC has an obligation to protect their employees. Continuing to employ an individual who has (allegedly?) criminally assaulted a colleague, is unacceptable.

How has he been punished? Well, he has been publicly and professionally embarrassed for a start. Some deluded fans will forgive their idols of almost anything, and make excuses for them - nothing new there, but to those whom are not his groupies, he has been exposed as an unprofessional and thoroughly unpleasant man.
Nobody likes being fired, especially somebody with an ego. What ego? An ego so big that they'd assault a colleague because they chose to stay late in a pub and consequently missed dinner.
I refuse to believe that somebody with such an ego isn't stung by being told their behaviour is unacceptable like a naughty schoolboy. It's probably the first time he has been truly humbled in a very long time. I don't doubt that he thought he'd get another warning. After all, surely they couldn't/wouldn't fire him?

The fans of the show are an irrelevance. If they are "harmed" by the consequences of Clarkson's actions, then perhaps instead of offering moral support, excusing his behaviour, and condoning his petulance by buying his latest book or CD, maybe they should let him know how badly he has let them all down.

I have no opinion regarding anyone who enjoyed the show or his brand of humour, but those fans who are making excuses for him are sad, blinkered fanboys.

I'm not sure how political ideals are relevant to the issue at hand, i.e an employee assaulting another, but good try Mick! :laugh:

Donnywolf, why on earth would he feel the need to engineer a move, when his contract is up next month? Surely a Top Gear contract on the table would increase his bargaining power with a potential new employer?  :blink:

Look. It's very simple. He should have been punished. What he did is totally unacceptable. I don't think anyone disagrees with that, even his most loyal fans. Where I take issue with you lefties is that he hasn't been punished. The people that have been punished are the employees associated with the show, the BBC and the worldwide audience. It is obvious to any right minded person that the punishment most definitely does not fit the crime.

Surely it was not beyond the wit of the BBC bosses to find an appropriate punishment.

Ask yourself the question what would happen to a rugby player if he was involved in a verbal dispute with another player that ended up in fisticuffs. According to you leftie lot he should be sacked. I can guarantee you that would not happen. What about footballers? During the Liverpool v Man Utd game there were some totally disgraceful challenges that could have been far more serious than a punch on the lip from a middle aged man. No doubt there is verbal warfare going on during the game as well. According to you leftie lot the players concerned should be sacked. This will not and does not happen. These types of challenges and verbal abuse go on all the time in front of millions of viewers and the worst that happens is a fine or short ban. What footballers get up to is far worse than what Jeremy did. An appropriate punishment is found.

Unfortunately for Jeremy, you leftie lot have too much influence on what should happen to people who are politically incorrect. Well I hope you're all happy with yourselves. You are a disgrace to right minded people. Seeing the world in black and white terms is unbelievably simplistic. But then again that's why you're a leftie in the first place.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 06:44:40 pm by IC1967 »

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on March 26, 2015, 10:44:28 am by Lipsy »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on March 26, 2015, 10:47:03 am by Donnywolf »
...fuelled by Alcohol ?

I suggested that the reported behaviour was more akin to a drunken domestic disturbance than the level of professional conduct expected by somebody employed by the BBC.

No need to reread. I agreed with your every word !

I was just jesting re the "fuelled by Alcohol" comment as JC is / was supposed to be drinking Rose Wine ! My point was how did he manage to get fuelled up on that ?

Orlandokarla

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on March 26, 2015, 04:22:52 pm by Orlandokarla »
...fuelled by Alcohol ?

I was just jesting re the "fuelled by Alcohol" comment as JC is / was supposed to be drinking Rose Wine ! My point was how did he manage to get fuelled up on that ?

I wasn't suggesting he was drunk at all, just that in slapping his producer around for not having his dinner ready, his behaviour was like that of a drunken spouse.... Forget it! :suicide:

:lol:

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on March 26, 2015, 04:49:22 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Inevitable, really.....
https://youtu.be/UZ_lFplMKTI

Orlandokarla

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on March 26, 2015, 05:21:18 pm by Orlandokarla »
So.... As one of his most ardent sycophants, what are you complaining about? That he wasn't punished strongly enough? If so, I'd agree with you on that; bullies are unpleasant creatures, and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law at every opportunity.

Just what would've been an appropriate punishment by the BBC? As far as I'm concerned, an appropriate punishment for assault is to be arrested and charged for the crime. If it occurs in the workplace, then termination on the grounds of gross misconduct is appropriate.

Your comparisons are apples and oranges, but I expected that. A lot goes on in professional sport that is deemed to be "banter," or part of the "culture," such as homophobia, but that doesn't make it right either. You might suggest that a rugby player may be used to being roughed up a bit; it is a tough games after all. Usually teammates get over their squabbles quickly in private, shake hands, and that's that. I'm not sure how that equates to an egotistical TV presenter assaulting a producer, after throwing a tantrum because his dinner isn't on the table when he got back late from the pub. Do you see the inherent difference there? If not don't even bother to reply.

Players do, on occasion, face the legal repercussions of their actions. It is usually civil, as opposed to criminal. What happens on a pitch would constitute assault elsewhere.

You are one of the most closed minded person I have ever encountered, and a prime example of someone who sees the world in black and white, until it suits them to do otherwise. To accuse others of not being "right minded" like you, is a sincere compliment.

I get it; Jeremy Clarkson is your hero and you won't get to see him on your favourite TV show anymore. Here's not the place to find solace though. Try drowning your sorrows with the One Direction fans, they're going through a similar thing right now.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on March 26, 2015, 06:09:43 pm by Donnywolf »
...fuelled by Alcohol ?

I wasn't suggesting he was drunk at all, just that in slapping his producer around for not having his dinner ready, his behaviour was like that of a drunken spouse.... Forget it! :suicide:

I agree I agree I agree I agree

All I was saying is Rose Wine is like Gnat piss (that was the thrust of my joke - or attempted joke !)

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on March 26, 2015, 06:28:59 pm by IC1967 »
So.... As one of his most ardent sycophants, what are you complaining about? That he wasn't punished strongly enough? If so, I'd agree with you on that; bullies are unpleasant creatures, and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law at every opportunity.

Just what would've been an appropriate punishment by the BBC? As far as I'm concerned, an appropriate punishment for assault is to be arrested and charged for the crime. If it occurs in the workplace, then termination on the grounds of gross misconduct is appropriate.

Your comparisons are apples and oranges, but I expected that. A lot goes on in professional sport that is deemed to be "banter," or part of the "culture," such as homophobia, but that doesn't make it right either. You might suggest that a rugby player may be used to being roughed up a bit; it is a tough games after all. Usually teammates get over their squabbles quickly in private, shake hands, and that's that. I'm not sure how that equates to an egotistical TV presenter assaulting a producer, after throwing a tantrum because his dinner isn't on the table when he got back late from the pub. Do you see the inherent difference there? If not don't even bother to reply.

Players do, on occasion, face the legal repercussions of their actions. It is usually civil, as opposed to criminal. What happens on a pitch would constitute assault elsewhere.

You are one of the most closed minded person I have ever encountered, and a prime example of someone who sees the world in black and white, until it suits them to do otherwise. To accuse others of not being "right minded" like you, is a sincere compliment.

I get it; Jeremy Clarkson is your hero and you won't get to see him on your favourite TV show anymore. Here's not the place to find solace though. Try drowning your sorrows with the One Direction fans, they're going through a similar thing right now.

Excuse me. I hardly ever watch Top Gear. I won't be affected much by it's demise. He'll soon be doing a similar programme again on another network anyway. What I wanted was for Jeremy to be punished. He hasn't been. He has become wealthier since the incident and will become wealthier still when Sky or Netflix acquire his services. I don't call that a punishment.

You lefties are totally ridiculous. You all wanted him sacked no matter what the consequences. The producer didn't even report the incident. He is now persona non gratis the poor man.

In leftie land it's OK for footballers to regularly make potentially career ending challenges without losing their jobs but when Jeremy steps out of line once and connects with one punch you all want him sacked! You really do make my piss boil at your double standards.

Well, Jeremy has had the last laugh, all the way to the bank.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on March 26, 2015, 06:38:15 pm by Lipsy »

Orlandokarla

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on March 26, 2015, 08:00:37 pm by Orlandokarla »
...fuelled by Alcohol ?

I agree I agree I agree I agree

All I was saying is Rose Wine is like Gnat piss (that was the thrust of my joke - or attempted joke !)

I apologise. I was in the middle of responding to Mick, and I responded to you in the same tone, and nobody deserves that.
When you converse with Mick, you get used to having to explain simple things several times over, not to mention often having what you say taken out of context.
Please accept my most humble, abject apology.  :)

Orlandokarla

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on March 26, 2015, 08:41:30 pm by Orlandokarla »
I hardly ever watch Top Gear. I won't be affected much by it's demise. He'll soon be doing a similar programme again on another network anyway. What I wanted was for Jeremy to be punished. He hasn't been. He has become wealthier since the incident and will become wealthier still when Sky or Netflix acquire his services. I don't call that a punishment.
You lefties are totally ridiculous. You all wanted him sacked no matter what the consequences. The producer didn't even report the incident. He is now persona non gratis the poor man.
In leftie land it's OK for footballers to regularly make potentially career ending challenges without losing their jobs but when Jeremy steps out of line once and connects with one punch you all want him sacked! You really do make my piss boil at your double standards.
Well, Jeremy has had the last laugh, all the way to the bank.

"Steps out of line once,"  really??  :lol:

Read your own posts. You've rushed to Clarkson's defence in every instance. Your position has only changed because your "insider" has been proven to be full of s***.

If you're not a fan, and won't be bothered by his absence, why all the drama and empathy for his loyal followers? I've rarely witnessed you display anything approaching empathy, for anything outside of the animal kingdom.

As for punishment, he has been humbled, humiliated, and his bargaining power has been diminished. Besides, you can't refrain from punishing somebody according to accepted common practice and/or law, simply because they may benefit from it in the long run. Using your analogy of footballers, should you not sack/release a player with disciplinary problems because he happens to be a good player, and will likely get a good signing on bonus if he is subsequently picked up as a free agent?
Of course not.

The producer didn't report the incident because he feared for his job, silly. He had just been berated and bitch-slapped by the "star" of the show, and expected that (as I'm assuming Clarkson did), that his bosses would not want to upset "the talent." Had it remained under wraps, that may be exactly what would've happened. He is hardly the first person not to report an issue at work, for fear of it making matters worse.

Left, right, somewhere in the middle... What has politics got to do with thinking a bloke who punched a co-worker should get fired for it? Is the uncomfortable concept of everybody living by the same rules too close to communism for you Mick?

If a footballer intentionally goes after another player during a match with the intention to injure him, I'd want him arrested, never mind thrown out of the sport. Does that make me a righty?

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on March 26, 2015, 08:55:45 pm by IC1967 »
Yes. He has only stepped out of line once in terms of a physical assault. There are professional footballers that step out of line in most games and get away with it week in week out.

What about boxers? They regularly hit on the break and below the belt. They regularly head but and use their elbows. They don't get sacked.

What is it with you lefties that feel sacking Jeremy is the only option? It's the worst 'punishment' he could have faced.

He hasn't been punished thanks to you lefties. You really don't get it do you.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on March 26, 2015, 09:10:45 pm by IC1967 »
Anyway my man on the inside has given me some more inside information. He says  the producer is absolutely gutted at what's happened. He has no intention of pressing charges. He feels he was culpable to some extent as he did provoke Jeremy.

He is embarrassed that a man nearly twice his age managed to stick one on him and would rather people hadn't found out. He wanted to patch things up with Jeremy and carry on his lucrative career doing what he loved as before.

He is now thinking of emigrating and changing his name. He is considering plastic surgery as there are many Jeremy fans that are now out to get him.

He feels he's the one who has been punished.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on March 26, 2015, 09:43:15 pm by Bentley Bullet »
What's wrong about this whole thread is that it's not all about people's disgust at what Clarkson has done. On the contrary certain posters are dead chuffed about the whole episode, because of their dislike of him. It seems that some are even claiming bragging rights because it's confirmed their dislike of him has been validated.

To them it's final justice to a bloke from the likes of Donny who's had the audacity to move away and do well for himself.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 10:17:03 pm by Bentley Bullet »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012