Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 05:20:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Has he gone yet?  (Read 4475 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Has he gone yet?
« on April 05, 2015, 08:05:25 am by Alan Southstand »
Well?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Has he gone yet?
« Reply #1 on April 05, 2015, 09:23:00 am by Surrey Rover »
Maybe he's ground to a halt preparing his CV under the heading "Achievements as a football league manager"

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 05, 2015, 10:03:03 am by grayx »
No, but did a smashing post match interview. Sounded very familiar.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 05, 2015, 10:09:40 am by Chris Black come back »
It's a wake up call.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 05, 2015, 10:54:31 am by since-1969 »
Its clear the team is just NOT GOOD ENOUGH . PD can only work with what he has got and with players out like Jones who could have had a steadying effect in defence , where most of our problems start. Forrester is just not the finished article yet so his form differs from game to game . Wellens is a shadow of his formar self and his performances have been lack lustre at best . Loans signings have just not made difference to over all performance levels . We have showed good performances against teams who play football but not against teams who like Bradford or Port Vale who just bully and hassle . It's a plan B we need but it's too late now other than keep focus on not spoil what had been a better season than we ALL thought we were in for after the debacle of the pre-season.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 05, 2015, 12:54:26 pm by nortikorner »
deluded ,SINCE1969 YOU can not always blame the players , the buck stops with the manager ,he does no how to change the game plan first change like for like ,so no football lob ball ,no midfield ,missing tWO centre halfs,OR are saying that he is not picking the players to fetch into the club???????

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 05, 2015, 02:02:50 pm by bpoolrover »
Your both right mostly,he can only work with the players he has got and it is clear we are not good enough,but in the end the buck does stop with the manager,again thou pd has said all along that this season was to consolidate do if mid table were the owners aims then he has pretty much done what they have asked

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 05, 2015, 02:21:18 pm by acko »
everyone talks about the pre season debacle as they call it.the truth is if our home form had been on par of our away form there wouldn't be a problem,god knows what your going to blame next season

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 05, 2015, 02:39:31 pm by bobjimwilly »
PD can only work with what he has got

Here's a few players PD has signed:

Cedric Evina
Jonson Clarke-Harris
Abdul Razak
Theo Robinson
Uche Ikpeazu
Rhys Wabara

Bit of theme running here? None of them will go down as Rovers legends put it that way...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 05, 2015, 02:42:02 pm by The Red Baron »
Surely Cedric will?  ;)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 05, 2015, 02:43:24 pm by Dare to dream! »
PD can only work with what he has got

Here's a few players PD has signed:

Cedric Evina
Jonson Clarke-Harris
Abdul Razak
Theo Robinson
Uche Ikpeazu
Rhys Wabara

Bit of theme running here? None of them will go down as Rovers legends put it that way...

Out of the starting 11 friday PD signed them all apart from Copps and McCullough i think? Its his team is what im saying.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 05, 2015, 02:58:17 pm by The Red Baron »
McCullough was a Dickov signing. I believe only Coppinger, Bennett, Jones, McCombe and Keegan were not originally signed by Dickov. That doesn't include lads like Wakefield and Middleton who have come through the youth system.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 05, 2015, 03:01:02 pm by bpoolrover »
To be fair bob everyone thought uche was going to be a star in this division,wabara is improving thou

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 05, 2015, 03:02:26 pm by Filo »
McCullough was a Dickov signing. I believe only Coppinger, Bennett, Jones, McCombe and Keegan were not originally signed by Dickov. That doesn't include lads like Wakefield and Middleton who have come through the youth system.

Furman signed on loan before Dickov was made manager

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 05, 2015, 03:07:59 pm by DonnyOsmond »

And all but maybe Bennett have been given new contracts by Dickov.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 06, 2015, 08:21:51 pm by PDX_Rover »
Razak's an unknown quantity I reckon. Too early to judge.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 06, 2015, 08:28:52 pm by i_ateallthepies »
To be fair bob everyone thought uche was going to be a star in this division,wabara is improving thou

Webber? Improving???  You see things a lot different to me.  I like the kid going forward but he's a f**king right-back and can't defend!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 06, 2015, 08:34:37 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
How much choice did he have when signing those players? I still think Dickov has good connections within the game and given a full pre season we could have the missing pieces of the Dickov jigsaw. The main kind of players we are missing are a couple of leaders. For sure someone extra in midfield. Otherwise, this side could come good with a Jones type rocket up it's arse.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 06, 2015, 08:39:57 pm by southwestexile »
I think we've missed Husband this year. I know plenty of people slagged him off but his spirit and fight were second to none. A bit more of that maybe from hungry youth players is what we need. And a 'they don't like it up 'em' attitude

TinyPortal © 2005-2012