Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:03:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rob Jones  (Read 2488 times)

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
Rob Jones
« on April 08, 2015, 01:30:05 pm by Old Popsider »
Was Rob on the bench for the Blades games?

Hopefully he'll be fit enough for some game time before now and the end of the season. Bring a steady presence to the mid-field/defence.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jenny

• VSC Member
Re: Rob Jones
« Reply #1 on April 08, 2015, 01:53:19 pm by Jenny »
He was.

If McCullough's isn't available we should throw him back in, lets face it, no one can be worse than McCombe, even an ageing Jones has to be better.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 08, 2015, 01:57:09 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Unfortunately Jones is past it. As is McCombe.
If that's what we're going to be relying on next season, God help us

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 08, 2015, 03:09:15 pm by graingrover »
I remember a regular poster on here saying , at the time Rob Jones got his first serious injury ,that his forced absence might prove to be a blessing in disguise . It hasn't been has it ! We have missed Jones at the heart of defense and both Quinn and Husband .

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 08, 2015, 03:41:46 pm by acacia94 »
Grainge – There's no underestimating the protective screen that Rob Jones almost single handedly created when he was in his pomp. Now seems ages ago but if his head didnt knock the ball away from goal some other part of that Eiffel Tower frame did. Ball rarely bobbled about in our box when Jones was playing. Massively missed.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 08, 2015, 06:35:19 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I don't see how people can say Jones is passed it. Fair enough with McCombe, he's had a chance and not really done much with it. Jones on the other hand was brilliant for us when we went up, did well for us last season before injury then we missed him afterwards and since he's had a couple of comebacks where he's been injured near enough straight away. If he feels his neck and everything is sorted give him a chance.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 08, 2015, 07:00:38 pm by Askern_reds »
let's forget Jones and mcomb let's concentrate  on next season now, we won't go down so throw the kids in and let's start sorting out now like who we want and don't, weather that's pd or not if it isn't pd then that should be done now,

Tazemma

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 08, 2015, 07:33:09 pm by Tazemma »
Both Jones and mccombe are finished due to injuries. They will not play enough games due to this and need to be released.

It's a pity in RJ case as he was superb but we need to move on.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 09, 2015, 02:08:47 am by Sammy Chung was King »
We miss how good Rob 'Was', none of us know if he can get back to anywhere near that, personally i would look at him continuing his coaching, it depends on what Rob wants to do.

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 09, 2015, 10:45:52 am by Old Popsider »
We miss how good Rob 'Was', none of us know if he can get back to anywhere near that, personally i would look at him continuing his coaching, it depends on what Rob wants to do.

Just a light-hearted thought - if next season Dickov is still in charge and Rob is given a coaching job, imagine the sight of those two on the touchline during a game. See the headlines now "Little and Large in charge!!"

Okay okay, I'm off back into my own world now ..........................

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 09, 2015, 10:53:02 am by graingrover »
Old Popsider lol

Brian Flynn said HE was the only manager in the Football League who could stand up in the dug out !!

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 09, 2015, 11:09:39 am by Old Popsider »
Old Popsider lol

Brian Flynn said HE was the only manager in the Football League who could stand up in the dug out !!

Aha!!! If ever the pits are re-opened perhaps Brian & Paul could be used as pit props!! Either that or animated corner flags! :coat:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 11:12:17 am by Old Popsider »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012