Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:55:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Summer bulls..t from the board  (Read 13605 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Summer bulls..t from the board
« Reply #30 on April 23, 2015, 08:40:28 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Acko if you are so against VSC why do you post on this forum

Change 'if' to 'because' and I think you have the answer.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 23, 2015, 08:51:06 pm by raggytash »
How can people have a go at anyone!??? Look at the facts........ Baldwin and bramall clearly stated a strong squad would be assembled to challenge for super league with the dons.... 15 straight defeats and told there's no money for new signings unless one departs....rovers... Bottom half finish, shite entertainment, fans staying away because of dickov and the board think it's acceptable..... I know of 8 including myself not renewing so there's a fact which needs addressing

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 23, 2015, 09:02:17 pm by PDX_Rover »
How much money did JR put in the past 2-3 seasons? Answers on the back of a postage stamp.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 23, 2015, 09:08:06 pm by dickos1 »
How can people have a go at anyone!??? Look at the facts........ Baldwin and bramall clearly stated a strong squad would be assembled to challenge for super league with the dons.... 15 straight defeats and told there's no money for new signings unless one departs....rovers... Bottom half finish, shite entertainment, fans staying away because of dickov and the board think it's acceptable..... I know of 8 including myself not renewing so there's a fact which needs addressing

Not dire straits is it,
Bit pathetic that were pissing and whining about a midtable finish in league 1.
Supporters of Hereford, Stockport, tranmere, Hartlepool all similar sized clubs to us, now they have reason to worry and moan...
Were having it as good as we ever have

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 23, 2015, 09:16:02 pm by wilts rover »

How do you think that you and your 8 friends reducing our budget for next season will help us progress? And as I asked another poster the other day, will you be tippexing out the 'Rovers 'til I die' logo from your shirts before or after the end of this season?

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 23, 2015, 09:20:31 pm by raggytash »
I'm not arguing with anyone..... I'm stating facts... Correct me if I'm wrong?????? So wheres the super league challenging team??? And wheres the top end of league 1 challenging team with a better than average budget????? Is that acceptable?????

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 23, 2015, 09:25:41 pm by Northants Nomad »

How do you think that you and your 8 friends reducing our budget for next season will help us progress? And as I asked another poster the other day, will you be tippexing out the 'Rovers 'til I die' logo from your shirts before or after the end of this season?

Pedant moment there my fellow Wilts person...he only has 7 friends...he said "8 including myself". Don't want people thinking someone to be more popular than they are. Or is that "less unpopular"?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 23, 2015, 09:42:19 pm by wilts rover »
I stand corrected Wiltshire and shall revise my figures accordingly. I presume our board will do the same when they tot up how much they have for next year's budget.

Raggy the only fact of any importance is on the back of our shirt's it says 'Rover's til I die' - and you say you are not going any more but are not dead (I am presuming the last bit of course). I presume also from your later comment that you will be coming back once we are top of the league, and maybe watching the Dons when they are top of their's, and you know what fans like that are called don't you?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 23, 2015, 09:50:32 pm by bpoolrover »
To be fair pdx it's not about jr he had basically left the club and wrote 4 million off if I understand right,I'm not saying the op is right but he has a point about the dons

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 23, 2015, 10:55:26 pm by silent majority »

Raggy,

In this post you say 'look at the facts' and then make a statement that the board think that's acceptable. Can you show me where the board have said this is acceptable? I must have missed that one.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 23, 2015, 10:59:57 pm by grayx »
Football club in dire straits?
I don't think so.

hardly on the crest of a wave.... Even with your
Rose tints on

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 23, 2015, 11:10:22 pm by les@donr »
TBF, this hasn't been a great season, one of treading water, not going up nor down. Only hope next season is an improvement whoever is at the helm. Look at all the ex-league sides in the Conf. and below should be a warning from history, that if a club stands still it is on the decline and it can be hard to reverse, ask Tranmere fans.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 24, 2015, 12:19:19 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Also to be fair, I haven't a great problem with raggytash's opening post, albeit stated in an extreme way, there are concerns that we share.

What I have a problem with is the massive assumptions and twisted statements people put out there, and then when challenged, they say the VSC said this or that, just because it's written on this forum!

On Facebook, there's claims that the board could "easily take this club to the next level" and "They've openly stated they're not interested in football"

So, just how easy is it then? Answers and opinions welcome.

When have they openly said they're not interested in football?

Oh, and another one. "The VSC block takeovers" apparently.

I have said many times before, I wish JR was still onboard and the takeovers had not affected us but how on earth can folk deem this to be anti JR?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 24, 2015, 01:41:15 am by PDX_Rover »
The first takeover was farcical. The second imploded. Now that to do with the vsc afaik.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 24, 2015, 02:27:10 am by Sammy Chung was King »
One of the exciting bits of news will be a link up with a foreign team to loan players back and forth, we will have a big profit from the stadium.
And hopefully a successful bid for Ian Henderson at Rochdale. :thumbsup:

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 24, 2015, 06:15:48 am by raggytash »
They obviously seem to think it's acceptable, from where I am nothing seems to being done at all, dickovs took us down, and he's now got us in the lower half of l1, how on earth this is acceptable I don't know

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on April 24, 2015, 06:53:31 am by dickos1 »
Football club in dire straits?
I don't think so.

hardly on the crest of a wave.... Even with your
Rose tints on

Never suggested we were, but were in a lot better position than many other clubs. Fans of similar sized clubs to us would give their left bollock to swap places with us.
Yet coming on here you would be forgiven for thinking were back in the conference

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on April 24, 2015, 07:57:29 am by Donny Viking »
They obviously seem to think it's acceptable, from where I am nothing seems to being done at all, dickovs took us down, and he's now got us in the lower half of l1, how on earth this is acceptable I don't know
Because on both occasions he has had to build squads from the rejects nobody else wanted.  Even then he has pulled together squads with good technical ability, but I suggest not enough character. PD has had to gamble in the transfer market and a number have not paid off, but he's gambling with players others wouldn't touch.  I'm not PDs biggest fan, but lets judge him on next season after he has had a fair crack at the whip.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 24, 2015, 08:28:06 am by acko »
been using the same excuse for 2 seasons now DV,what and who will you blame next season

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on April 24, 2015, 08:51:30 am by roversdude »
it was well known during summer that we were after a/2 centre halfs but couldnt sign them - look at the difference when we finally landed Butler - that form at start of season we'd have been minimum play offs

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on April 24, 2015, 08:57:17 am by Wild Rover »
How much money did JR put in the past 2-3 seasons? Answers on the back of a postage stamp.

Did I not see in the account statement BJW posted for june 2013 more or less equal amount were put in by Ryan/Bramhall/Watson, that seems to fall in your perameters.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on April 24, 2015, 09:46:50 am by bobjimwilly »
it also showed JR paid is way,a point the vsc never gave him credit for,its been all bramhall and Watson

"John Ryan's successes whilst at the helm of Doncaster Rovers FC stand as testimony to his drive, ambition and support for the club, and the Trust would like to officially thank John for providing stability and a vision at a time where there was none.  All supporters will no doubt be eternally grateful to John for stepping into the breach in 1998 and the subsequent period of success he oversaw."

The VSC wrote that. Please stop spreading lies.

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #52 on April 24, 2015, 10:17:13 am by NorthNorfolkRover »
Back to the op i could be wrong but isnt the fault with the joke sports we have embraced ie rugby and womens football that doesnt allow automatic promotion . Therefore theres no point investing for a fixture list that is to all intends and purposes meaningless.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 24, 2015, 10:59:02 am by raggytash »
Both allow it now mate, 1 in the rugby 2 in the womens

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on April 24, 2015, 11:10:32 am by Donny Viking »
been using the same excuse for 2 seasons now DV,what and who will you blame next season
That's because the same reasons have been there for 2 seasons! I'll blame PD if he is given the right opportunity, but until then I'll reserve judgement.

The guys hands have been tied, and then you blame him for not putting up a good fight.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 24, 2015, 12:13:14 pm by acko »
quick question,if at the end of last season PD had left and jones took over giving what people on here refer to the pre season debacle,but the results had been same and our league position same would everybody be screaming for joneses head everytime we lost or is it just a dickov thing

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on April 24, 2015, 12:48:11 pm by roversdude »
Cant understand why you have such an interest in our club

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 24, 2015, 02:00:07 pm by acko »
finish at end of season dude,question obviously too difficult for you,but there again you have always been part time supporter

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on April 24, 2015, 02:13:11 pm by The Red Baron »
quick question,if at the end of last season PD had left and jones took over giving what people on here refer to the pre season debacle,but the results had been same and our league position same would everybody be screaming for joneses head everytime we lost or is it just a dickov thing

There's a lot of  "if's" there but had anyone, including Dickov, come in at the start of this season and achieved the same results I think most would have given him the benefit of doubt. Dickov's problem is that he already has a relegation on his CV.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on April 24, 2015, 03:05:45 pm by roversdude »
Well seems as though I'm in the pro VSC group and appreciate the work they have done and continue to do you can answer that yourself
And why am I a part timer please

TinyPortal © 2005-2012