Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:36:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Summer bulls..t from the board  (Read 13726 times)

raggytash

• Forum Member
Summer bulls..t from the board
« on April 23, 2015, 03:18:24 pm by raggytash »
Right then folks who's braced in???

Club doncaster, as described by CEO Baldwin and bramall as unique and successful!!

Well, a rugby club with 15 straight defeats, a football club in dire straits with no leadership at all, and a bottom half finish pending in a piss poor league shows great success!!

There's no investment whatsoever in either club, so why don't the owners and Baldwin tell us exactly why the super league dream as fallen on it's arse big style, and the rovers finishing low in a piss poor league is acceptable, and why dickov hasn't been dismissed, after all it's a result business isn't it???

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnygeoff

• Forum Member
Re: Summer bulls..t from the board
« Reply #1 on April 23, 2015, 03:40:38 pm by donnygeoff »
Bravo, my thoughts exactly.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 23, 2015, 03:41:46 pm by since-1969 »
Some would say they are results , just not very good ones . Lol

wabtec

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 23, 2015, 04:10:11 pm by wabtec »
Right then folks who's braced in???

Club doncaster, as described by CEO Baldwin and bramall as unique and successful!!

Well, a rugby club with 15 straight defeats, a football club in dire straits with no leadership at all, and a bottom half finish pending in a piss poor league shows great success!!

There's no investment whatsoever in either club, so why don't the owners and Baldwin tell us exactly why the super league dream as fallen on it's arse big style, and the rovers finishing low in a piss poor league is acceptable, and why dickov hasn't been dismissed, after all it's a result business isn't it???
:that:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 23, 2015, 04:20:48 pm by dickos1 »
Football club in dire straits?
I don't think so.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 23, 2015, 04:25:27 pm by Filo »
Does Mark Knopfler know about this?

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 23, 2015, 05:04:13 pm by LincsRover »
Football club in dire straits?
I don't think so.

Aren't we all brothers in arms??!! And some fans would have us believe they're paying money for nothing!!

:chair:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 23, 2015, 05:27:43 pm by drfchound »
It's just A Walk of Life.
Thats all folks.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 23, 2015, 06:09:37 pm by acko »
well done raggytash but the vsc leaders wont agree they think its a job well done

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 23, 2015, 06:16:53 pm by nortikorner »
you will soon see the results with the season ticket sales

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 23, 2015, 06:22:52 pm by roversdude »
I seem to recall that it's a seasonal event board coming out with such statements in fact JR was biggest culprit

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 23, 2015, 06:24:25 pm by roversdude »
well done raggytash but the vsc leaders wont agree they think its a job well done

Do you expect statements from your other teams acko

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 23, 2015, 06:26:38 pm by Donny Viking »
you will soon see the results with the season ticket sales
Yep and those same fans will then criticise the club for not investing mega bucks in players and their wages.  Supporters support the team fans follow the success.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 23, 2015, 06:35:48 pm by wilts rover »
Someone correct me if I am wrong but isn't Club Doncaster a membership scheme that allows people to purchase discounted tickets for Rovers, Dons, Belles and the Gym. It therefore has no relevance to whether or not those teams are successful on the field.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 23, 2015, 06:43:44 pm by acko »
your right wilts but no one will tell you how many members it as,and remember the dons are now owned by the rovers owners

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 23, 2015, 06:54:52 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Wilts, an astute observation. One of the main objectives of Club Doncaster is to increase turnover and, we should all know that with FFP this is key to determine budgets/staff wages etc.

Outside of my usual sources, I have heard there is likely to be a key appointment at the club shortly. The new incumbent will be tasked with driving Club Doncaster forward over the next two years at least.

I like many, have reservations whether PD is the best man to spend any additional funds that might come his way, but as far as I can make out, he was tasked with a longer term plan and the board see to be willing, and patient enough, to give him time to execute the plan.

Very commendable, but you do wonder how far their patience will stretch.

Overall, I think the foundations will be stronger and IF, we can improve results then, we'll be in an excellent position to push on.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 23, 2015, 06:56:15 pm by wilts rover »
As are the Belles who I believe are top of their League and reached the Quarter-Finals of the Women's FA Cup. 

As I have written many times before, if the owners want to put more money into Rovers (or Dons) how many helicopters they own, how big their gardens are, how many holiday homes they have - and anything else they own - is totally irrelevant. If they want to put more money into Rovers they will, if they dont they wont.

Although if they match your spending on Rovers next season we are going to be in big trouble.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 23, 2015, 06:59:24 pm by drfc1951 »
Acko if youre not a supporter anymore why don't you go on your other teams forums and stop your bile on here.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 23, 2015, 07:01:59 pm by silent majority »

I'm not sure how you interpret people like me correcting all the inaccuracies you post on here as the VSC thinking its a job well done. If you can find me the post from the VSC that supports you then, yet again, I'll hold you in the highest regard.

But no doubt it will turn out like that last challenge I set you, you failed to deliver then as well.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 23, 2015, 07:07:23 pm by acko »
both probably putting same in wilts NOTHING,but I don't own the club,andkeep telling people how they keep putting money in

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 23, 2015, 07:09:12 pm by wilts rover »
I think you are right there Baz. The club have always said they would like Dickov to build a team to be sustainable in the Championship. This season was just one step on the way to that goal, if we got up great, if not, what now needs to be done to push us on.

I presume he has been discussing with the board what the shortfalls are - and what needs to be done to fix them - but if the same mistakes and problems come around with different players, well...

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 23, 2015, 07:12:43 pm by acko »
tell me SM and 1951 why it is vsc is so unpopular

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 23, 2015, 07:16:03 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Because people like you spread so much ill-informed crap about?

Just my guess.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 23, 2015, 07:16:36 pm by wilts rover »
I believe the increase in the owner's loans shown in the accounts that were on here a couple of weeks ago proves you totally wrong there Acko, however many capital letters you use.

Whether it is 'enough' is entirely subjective - as is the idea that Doncaster Rovers should be buying their way out of League One.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 23, 2015, 07:22:46 pm by acko »
it also showed JR paid is way,a point the vsc never gave him credit for,its been all bramhall and Watson,and glynn it certainly didn't need the likes of me to spread ill informed crap your own people has made a good job of that

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 23, 2015, 07:32:29 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Bullshit acko! There you go twisting things again. There have been many varied opinions on this site from VSC on non VSC members alike and I can't recall anyone dismissing JRs contribution however, many have defended when people have attempted to dismiss TB & DWs contribution. There's a massive difference.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 23, 2015, 07:48:52 pm by StocktonRover »
They might be with you and some others, but for me they do what they are supposed to do and for that I commend them.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 23, 2015, 07:49:23 pm by drfc1951 »
If they don't put any money in whos been paying the wages for the last 2 seasons.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 23, 2015, 07:51:20 pm by drfc1951 »
Shouldn't this thread be renamed to daily bullshit from Acko.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 23, 2015, 08:29:57 pm by roversdude »
Acko if you are so against VSC why do you post on this forum

TinyPortal © 2005-2012