Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 10:18:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: this bloody retained list  (Read 18974 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: this bloody retained list
« Reply #30 on May 10, 2015, 05:51:01 pm by The Red Baron »
not a retained list, but deffo released are:

Ferguson, Askins, Wabara, Furman, Peterson, Bennett

Really? Do you have a source for this?

The three youngsters on the list ring true and I couldn't see both Wabara and Wakefield staying.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 10, 2015, 05:57:55 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Ferguson's well thought of isn't he?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 10, 2015, 06:08:07 pm by The Red Baron »
Earlier in the season he was in the match day squad and was very close to a run out. However he hasn't been in the 18 for some time. I think Billy Whitehouse has moved ahead of him.

BiggJazza

« Reply #33 on May 10, 2015, 06:38:04 pm by BiggJazza »
Yes, first time post and yes from an inside source. (Wakey under doubt too, though I cannot 100% verify). Thing is I knew of Askins and Ferguson 4 weeks ago, 3 before Dickov had the manners to inform them.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 10, 2015, 06:58:17 pm by Filo »
Yes, first time post and yes from an inside source. (Wakey under doubt too, though I cannot 100% verify). Thing is I knew of Askins and Ferguson 4 weeks ago, 3 before Dickov had the manners to inform them.

Do I know you?

BiggJazza

« Reply #35 on May 10, 2015, 07:17:03 pm by BiggJazza »
I don't think so.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 10, 2015, 07:50:32 pm by IDM »
If players' contracts are up, and they don't accept new offers, then it is not the club "letting them go" is it?

As others have said, it is more important to look at new signings, more than departures?

So what if the retained list is not public yet?  The club will be working on that and new signings, behind the scenes, so what is the problem here?

I take issue with the OP - stirring and having a pop at the club when it isn't necessary.

BiggJazza

« Reply #37 on May 10, 2015, 09:28:41 pm by BiggJazza »
The players I listed have contracts that are up and haven't been offered a new deal ie 'let go'.

From what I gather on here, you the fans, were promised a retained list last week that was not delivered despite the club knowing who they wanted from the current squad. There was no 'pop' at the club, just facts. If you're unhappy at that, then fine, I'll keep stum and you stay in the dark.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 10, 2015, 09:48:54 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I genuinely don't think I would lose sleep over anyone going that's the thing.  We've nobody irreplaceable.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 10, 2015, 10:53:25 pm by NickDRFC »
It's right that you say we have nobody irreplaceable, but I would feel a lot more comfortable if our starting point included Bennett and Furman than not. Otherwise we have to replace 2 first teamers as well as bring in the new blood we need to challenge.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 10, 2015, 11:25:44 pm by eastender »
The players I listed have contracts that are up and haven't been offered a new deal ie 'let go'.

From what I gather on here, you the fans, were promised a retained list last week that was not delivered despite the club knowing who they wanted from the current squad. There was no 'pop' at the club, just facts. If you're unhappy at that, then fine, I'll keep stum and you stay in the dark.

IDM was having a pop at the OP (opening post) on page 1 by scotlandsbest , not you. :)

BiggJazza

« Reply #41 on May 11, 2015, 12:09:36 am by BiggJazza »
Right, thanks for explaining my mistake. I thought the abbreviation might have been 'other posters' or similar. Cheers

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 11, 2015, 06:16:54 am by GazLaz »
Furman and Bennett are replaceable. I wouldn't lose sleep if they went. The squad needs drastic changes and those two will be on half decent money.

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #43 on May 11, 2015, 07:11:53 am by NorthNorfolkRover »
The last minute way of getting players to resign and never making any early new signinings just gives the impression that playing for doncaster rovers is a last resort when nothing better is available for the player.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 11, 2015, 08:28:10 am by GazLaz »
Retained list is out Friday.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on May 11, 2015, 08:31:39 am by IDM »

As eastender said, my post was aimed at the opening post.

However, how do you know that those who we believe are being released have not yet been offered contracts?  They may have been, but may be stalling (probably via agents) to sign.

On top of that, how do you know all this inside stuff?  We have folks on here every close season claiming to be in the know, and sometimes their info turns out to be correct and other times is total BS.

There is always the Rumour Mill section where you can be more open about what you know?

Also I don't think it is such a big deal if the club doesn't make announcements in the timescale they or the local press or us as fans initially anticipated.

Once again, I am sure the work to retain, re-sign, buy, release players etc will be constantly going on behind the scenes..
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 08:33:49 am by IDM »

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 11, 2015, 09:28:18 am by wing commander »
  I just don't get this sudden Bennett love in...For the majority of his contract he's done 9/10ths of knack frack..Yes he's improved this season but those claiming we deserve nothing if we let him go are getting a little carried away because he still hasn't done much...If he is upset with the money offered him I would be surprised,mainly because I'm surprised we bothered offering him anything at all....

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on May 11, 2015, 09:50:40 am by The Red Baron »
Furman and Bennett are replaceable. I wouldn't lose sleep if they went. The squad needs drastic changes and those two will be on half decent money.

I tend to agree about Bennett, although I think Furman is a loss to us. 12 months ago I wouldn't have been bothered if he had gone, but since then Dickov has belatedly worked out how to use him.

I suppose now he's captain of South Africa he's had a few clubs interested in him.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on May 11, 2015, 10:14:25 am by wing commander »
  I would certainly like to keep Furman as well but again if he doesn't stay it wouldn't be the end of the world either..I would be looking seriously at South Africas competitive fixtures list for next year as its a long way to travel and does seem to effect his performances after he misses a game or two....

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on May 11, 2015, 10:43:40 am by The Red Baron »
I suppose if we do lose Furman we won't get so many postponements due to internationals.

RobSlingDog

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on May 11, 2015, 12:29:33 pm by RobSlingDog »
Furman can be replaced easily, He's just a crab. Not as good as Keegan defensivly, doesn't offer enough going forward, so am afaird to say work rate alone at this level just isn't good enough in my eyes. Seen alot better midfielders this season.   

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on May 11, 2015, 12:53:56 pm by Donny Viking »
I would like to keep Furman and Bennett but only on our terms not theirs.  If they agree great, if they want more then bye - bye neither are irreplaceable.  Bennett has been nothing more than a fringe player for the last X seasons, even this year he's been inconsistent - a squad player who on his day can change games - he deserves a squad players salary.  Furman again is not a team changer, 1st team salary - but not star player wages.  If both can get better elsewhere good luck to them - but wouldn't blame club for letting them go - doesnt mean they dont want them, just not no their terms....

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 11, 2015, 01:34:49 pm by drfchound »
As IDM says, none of us really know what is going on behind the scenes.
The list of players haven't been offered a contract YET.
It doesn't mean that won't be offered on in the fullness of time.

Players come and go.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on May 11, 2015, 01:36:43 pm by Donnyrovers »
Would like to keep both, they have both been our better performers and we still need a squad and Bennett has been harshly done by this season he's done just as well as Forrester and Copps this year.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on May 11, 2015, 01:59:40 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Furman was the best player we had in the second half of the season.
Just a shame the manager hardly played him before he went away with S.A.
Just my opinion obviously

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on May 11, 2015, 03:01:50 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Bennett like any other winger is inconsistent, you won't find a quality consistent winger at this level and when given the chance he'll create chances and score goals, look at the Sheffield United game where he got a couple of goals or the Scunthorpe game where he got a couple of assists, that's just a couple games in the season where I don't think he was used enough. We could let him go and the best we'll find is someone nearly as good as him for around the same money he wants.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on May 11, 2015, 03:21:40 pm by wing commander »
     I see your point Donny and I agree,if a winger was consistently capable of beating a man and putting a quality ball in the box every time he wouldn't be aiming at Doncaster Rovers..But for those two games you mentioned I could give you a lot more were he has been totally ineffective and a passenger...I agree with Donny Viking's point...Squad players wages for a squad player...no more than that for me...We all have different views on individual players though...I really like Liam Wakefield and think he deserved much more of a chance than he's had but I appreciate I'm in the minority with that one..lol

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on May 11, 2015, 03:41:25 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
...I really like Liam Wakefield and think he deserved much more of a chance than he's had...

:thumbsup:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on May 11, 2015, 04:21:41 pm by dickos1 »
He's been injured for a few months

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #59 on May 11, 2015, 07:35:17 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
I cant believe Dickov is still here. As fans we cant really care about our club if we accept this.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012