Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:13:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: this bloody retained list  (Read 18971 times)

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
Re: this bloody retained list
« Reply #60 on May 11, 2015, 08:28:21 pm by Askern_reds »
you can all av your opinions on who should go or stay and is Norfolk saying fans should av a say who managers are club? might be reading his statement wrong, but it's all down to the board who's manager and the managers choice of players he lets go or keeps, only thing that's getting my goat is my own impatacience on wanting to no what's happening, my own opinion and this might shock a lot of you, I'd like to see wellens, Bennett, furman, and forester go, start a fresh,

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on May 11, 2015, 08:34:19 pm by steve@dcfd »
It's not the players that go, it's the better!!! players we bring in to replace them.

Let's not forget they will be exciting additions, the CEO says so.

Let's not worry the CEO and Owners know what they doing, or do they Dickov anybody??

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on May 11, 2015, 08:40:24 pm by drfchound »
Two more months of second guessing to go then.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on May 11, 2015, 08:44:12 pm by steve@dcfd »
Two more months of second guessing to go then.

Yes

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on May 11, 2015, 08:49:31 pm by drfchound »
Wey hey

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on May 11, 2015, 09:25:29 pm by idler »
It's not the players that go, it's the better!!! players we bring in to replace them.

Let's not worry the CEO and Owners know what they doing, or do they Dickov anybody??
So exactly what do you want to happen then?
What is your way forward?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on May 11, 2015, 09:37:43 pm by drfchound »
I think I know what is coming............

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on May 11, 2015, 10:37:47 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
But as soon as it's released, it won't be a retained list  :silly:

Protect the retention!  :police:

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on May 12, 2015, 12:08:25 am by steve@dcfd »

So exactly what do you want to happen then?
What is your way forward?

To build a side with players we have plus additional better players to be good enough to finish in the top four of the league. To produce performances and results especially at home to encourage supporters to return to the club. This will give more finances to the club. By keeping in the top four all season I believe supporters will return.

To develop the young players we have at the same time so they can be introduced into the first team. This will be a long term project and will need more than one year contracts to achieve.

Now comes the most important bit to achieve this we will need another manager, who as shown they can produce a successful side.

At the end of the day it might be a pipe dream, the owners may not be willing or able to fund what is required. But I do not believe that giving more resources to PD will achieve the aim of a return to the Championship.
I am not sure the owners know how much finances are required to bring players to the club who are better than the ones we have.

We need a manager and squad capable of getting a minimum of 80pts next season, aiming for 90pts to get first or second place in the league. Yes it's a big ask but it as been required 4 out of the last 5 years.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on May 12, 2015, 07:58:48 am by since-1969 »
Looks like PD has been made to clarify his position so we don't think that we're going to be get an all new squad of experienced players who may just want promotion and play at a Better level of the game ....
“I know I spoke after the Notts County game about mentality and getting men in,” said Rovers’ boss. "What I meant by that - and I think it got taken slightly out of context - was you can be 21 and still be a man with a strong mentality. Look at Wayne Rooney when he was 16. He was a man before his time.

So it's the same old arse kisser AGAIN . Thanks for the dream tho' PD it was nice while it lasted. Prick !!!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 08:01:23 am by since-1969 »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on May 12, 2015, 08:01:31 am by IDM »
Looks like PD has been made to clarify his position so we don't think that we're going to be get an all new squad of experienced players who may just want promotion and play at a Better level of the game ....
“What I meant by that - and I think it got taken slightly out of context - was you can be 21 and still be a man with a strong mentality. Look at Wayne Rooney when he was 16. He was a man before his time.

So it's the same old arse kisser AGAIN . Thanks for the dream tho' PD it was nice while it lasted. Prick !!!

What the f**k are you on about now?

The club says nowt, folks complain.  The club says something, folks complain.  The club says something else, folks complain.

Jesus wept man!

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on May 12, 2015, 08:10:11 am by since-1969 »
Don't shoot the messenger. Doh !

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on May 12, 2015, 08:26:17 am by Filo »
“I know I spoke after the Notts County game about mentality and getting men in,” said Rovers’ boss. "What I meant by that - and I think it got taken slightly out of context - was you can be 21 and still be a man with a strong mentality. Look at Wayne Rooney when he was 16. He was a man before his time.

I have n't a clue what that little remble was all about!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on May 12, 2015, 08:28:46 am by steve@dcfd »
“What I meant by that - and I think it got taken slightly out of context - was you can be 21 and still be a man with a strong mentality. Look at Wayne Rooney when he was 16. He was a man before his time.

What the f*** are you on about now?

The club says nowt, folks complain.  The club says something, folks complain.  The club says something else, folks complain.

Jesus wept man!

PD quoted about experienced men, strong mentality. It was said by the CEO before that the manager had exciting plans for next seasons. Yet again it appears things are said in the public arena but realism kicks in.
The CEO and owners and manager surely must clarify there plans for next season and how they plan to take the club forward.
If it is still developing young players then don't give them one year contracts a discard them. You cannot develop players in one year especially when they have not played games.

http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/doncaster-rovers/doncaster-rovers-dickov-clarifies-comments-about-wanting-squad-of-men-1-7255094

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on May 12, 2015, 10:01:05 am by roversdude »
Reading DFP article I agree with PD its about having a team with a winning mentality

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on May 12, 2015, 10:45:52 am by since-1969 »
Why do YOU think he had to clarify his statement or was it that it was ment to be miss interpreted as an attempt to show he wasn't too ofay with his weak first team options under the ( post Ryan)  owners.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on May 12, 2015, 10:52:33 am by drfchound »
I dont see why PD is an arse kisser by explaining what context his comments should be taken in.
Also, if you read more than was posted on here you get a more detailed explanation and it gives more clarity to what he is intending to get across to the fans.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on May 12, 2015, 11:14:17 am by dickos1 »
What Dickov says is right he's just explaining he doesn't mean 35 year olds, nothing wrong with playing the kids if they're good enough. I think Lund could be good enough, and maybe manderville.
But we need experienced players also which is what he's saying.

Don't moan for the sake of it, dilutes your argument for when you might actually have a point in the future.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on May 12, 2015, 11:29:40 am by Yargo »
What Dickov says is right he's just explaining he doesn't mean 35 year olds, nothing wrong with playing the kids if they're good enough. I think Lund could be good enough, and maybe manderville.
But we need experienced players also which is what he's saying.

Don't moan for the sake of it, dilutes your argument for when you might actually have a point in the future.
Time for me to come out,i'm PD, i need a team of what BST would call big mesters,therefore i have signed Evina,Razak and JCH, i am beyond parody no?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on May 12, 2015, 12:21:42 pm by since-1969 »
I dont see why PD is an arse kisser by explaining what context his comments should be taken in.
Also, if you read more than was posted on here you get a more detailed explanation and it gives more clarity to what he is intending to get across to the fans.
It was PDs attempt to quell the rumours that we about bring in players of a certain vintage.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on May 12, 2015, 12:41:31 pm by IDM »
I think we read too much into things, interpret what gets said to match our own agendas, rather than taking things at face value?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on May 12, 2015, 12:58:39 pm by dickos1 »
It was PDs attempt to quell the rumours that we about bring in players of a certain vintage.

He was asked a question and he answered it, he wasn't attempting to do anything

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on May 12, 2015, 01:10:59 pm by Canadian Rover »
Thoughts on how Nothampton Town release the list....good or bad?

Contract decisions made and two made available for transfer

It’s a tough part of the job for any manager but we have to make professional decisions to take the club forward"

Chris Wilder

After a series of meetings with his players, Northampton Town manager Chris Wilder has confirmed the following retained list.

PLAYERS UNDER CONTRACT FOR 2015/16
Brendon Moloney
Evan Horwood
Marc Richards
Zander Diamond
Lawson D'Ath
Jason Taylor
Ivan Toney
Joel Byrom
Ricky Holmes
Ryan Cresswell
Sam Warburton
Danny Clifton

PLAYERS UNDER CONTRACT WHO HAVE BEEN MADE AVAILABLE FOR TRANSFER
John-Joe O'Toole
Chris Hackett

PLAYERS WHO ARE OUT OF CONTRACT AND NO DECISION HAS YET BEEN MADE
Shwan Jalal

PLAYERS WHO ARE OUT OF CONTRACT BUT DISCUSSIONS WILL BE HELD SUBJECT TO FITNESS
Billy Bodin
Tom Newey

PLAYERS NOT UNDER CONTRACT WHO WON'T BE OFFERED NEW TERMS
Matt Duke
Darren Carter
Lee Collins
Ben Tozer
Lewis Hornby
Ross Perry
Ian Morris

LOAN PLAYERS WHO RETURN TO THEIR PARENT CLUBS
James Gray
Diego De Girolamo
Kaid Mohamed

“It’s a tough part of the job for any manager but we have to make professional decisions to take the club forward," said Chris Wilder.

“You have to make decisions as a manager and we thank all the players for their efforts. They’ve been good for me and I think we as a club have been good to them.

“Matt Duke wants to play first team football and I can’t guarantee him that.

“Matt has had a really good career but we want to bring in a younger goalkeeper and we are looking at possibly bringing in someone on a season-long loan.

“Shwan Jalal remains a possibility. We've not made any decision on Shwan yet and we will see where we are later in the summer. We've got a budget to work with and it's about making sure we get the maximum we can out of that budget.

“Lee Collins has been arguably the most difficult decision we’ve had to make.

“It was a real borderline decision right up to this last week but we’ve decided not to offer him a contract.

“We’ve got two centre halves in Ryan Cresswell and Zander Diamond on three-year deals who we expect to play and we are looking at bringing in another natural left-footer to complement them and challenge them.

“Darren Carter hasn’t really played any football all season and he wants to play.

“Ben Tozer is on an excellent contract and he deserved that under the previous manager.

“He hasn’t been able to get into the team because of the form of Brendon and I can’t afford to carry two right-backs on the wages that they are on.

“It’s been a struggle for John-Joe O'Toole this season. He’s not been able to recapture the form he showed at Bristol Rovers and the form which we signed him on.

“From the off he didn’t really get out of the traps, he had a couple of injuries and it’s not been a great season for him and it’s not been a great season for us in terms of what we’ve got out of him.

“We changed our way of playing going into the New Year and the form of Lawson D'Ath and Ricky Holmes has made it difficult for Chris Hackett to get into the team.

“Chris hasn’t played a lot of football and again he is at an age where he wants and needs to play.

"Ian Morris has made the decision to return to Ireland with his family and we wish him well.

“We are already in discussions with our targets and we want to get our business done early.

“We will look at the loan market but I’m not a big lover of short-term loans and if we do bring players in on loan it will be for the season or from window to window."

We will bring you more details through the coming week and further reaction from Chris Wilder.

Read more at http://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/article/northampton-town-retained-list-2432387.aspx#4fXfkhD4pde97tUC.99

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on May 12, 2015, 01:31:50 pm by The Red Baron »
I'd hope that our list is set out like that when it appears. I also like the way Wilder has set out the reasoning behind his decisions.

That way we don't have the  "what about so-and-so" when the list comes out.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on May 12, 2015, 02:08:35 pm by wing commander »
  Yes I agree...wether there fans agree with them or not..It's in black and white with his reasonings and with no if's and buts...We could learn a lot from that...Of course we wont obviously but we should...

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on May 12, 2015, 02:29:00 pm by GazLaz »
Our list is simple though, anyone bar Butler, Forrester, Coppinger, Keegan and probably  Tyson can go and nobody would give a f**k.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on May 12, 2015, 04:43:27 pm by Al4475 »
To be honest I think we have the nucleus of a good squad - we need a few additions and the manager has to step up to the plate if he has the board's backing - I'm not sure which way we'll go with recruitment but if we can bring in 5 players of better quality than finished the season then we could do well! I think I'd like another keeper, two defenders one of which I think should be stevens, te other hopefully khumalo (I think jones and mccombe have passed their sell-by dates but wabara, mccullogh, butler, wakefield, lund and evina could be very good if employed in their natural positions) one midfielder who can do wellens' job (as wellens has also gone past his sell-by date as a week-in week-out starter but would be an excellent squad member) and one striker (assuming robbo is going and petersen,mckay and mandeville are not expected to jump straight into full first team action!
Would love to see us go for scott loach, bongani khumalo, enda stevens, jet (unlikely I'm sure) and someone like ian henderson!
Keep the majority of the squad if we can but add to it with 5 first teamers!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on May 12, 2015, 05:49:44 pm by steve@dcfd »
Paul as talked with 4 players yesterday and three today and talking to 4 tomorrow. I assume these are new players when reading the article.
Also Chief Scout to be named on Monday 18th May.

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/-chief-scout-appointment-2453615.aspx

TinyPortal © 2005-2012