Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 05:44:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Kyle Bennett  (Read 29516 times)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Kyle Bennett
« Reply #90 on May 20, 2015, 09:51:54 pm by Canadian Rover »
Surely you don't wait while a player is out of contract to offer them another one of you want them to stay?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on May 21, 2015, 08:10:34 am by steve@dcfd »
PD said he wanted to keep him therefore it looks like we can't compete on wages. How are we expected to get better players if we can't keep a player who realistically was not one of our best.

It's going be interesting what players we sign, what excuses we make this year when we don't get our first choice players and we don't sign players until the end again.

Our support is declining, finances will be declining therefore will the owners and CEO accept what part they have to play in this by lack of ambition.
Does it mean Chesterfield cant compete on wages and have no ambition.

Did their CEO say just before the season finished that the manager had exciting plans for next season no. Ours did yet we cannot keep Kyle  Bennett. So how will we sign exciting players when the manager can't keep a player, who was not first choice for most of last season.

Talking Chesterfield they will probably sell their best players to compete that's why Cooke left and Saunders was appointed.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on May 21, 2015, 08:14:11 am by drfc1951 »
Probably going because he wasn't and will not be first choice.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on May 21, 2015, 08:26:19 am by IDM »

Did their CEO say just before the season finished that the manager had exciting plans for next season no. Ours did yet we cannot keep Kyle  Bennett. So how will we sign exciting players when the manager can't keep a player, who was not first choice for most of last season.

All this means is Portsmouth have disproportionately more cash to spend than their league status reflects.  It does not suggest that DRFC, or Chesterfield for that matter, lack ambition.

Even within the bounds of FFP, there is not a level playing field where football finances are concerned.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on May 21, 2015, 08:52:07 am by DonnyNoel »
PD said he wanted to keep him therefore it looks like we can't compete on wages. How are we expected to get better players if we can't keep a player who realistically was not one of our best.

It's going be interesting what players we sign, what excuses we make this year when we don't get our first choice players and we don't sign players until the end again.

Our support is declining, finances will be declining therefore will the owners and CEO accept what part they have to play in this by lack of ambition.
Does it mean Chesterfield cant compete on wages and have no ambition.

But maybe thats a factor in his financial offers too, we've offered him a wage consistent with making 20 or so starts and 20 or so sub appearances whereas Pompey have offered him more on the basis he'd be a regular starter and we've decided we don't want to compete as that would mean offering a wage not in line with his status.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on May 21, 2015, 09:01:40 am by Filo »
I have to agree with Dickov's radio interview yesterday, Bennett's agent and by association Bennett himself have been hugely disrespectful to Doncaster Rovers, the club he stole wage from for three years, if L2 is what he fancies then good riddance!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on May 21, 2015, 09:02:13 am by The Red Baron »
Sounds like he's blanked Dickov for the past couple of days and Dickov had to text him to get an answer back saying he's going to Portsmouth. Bit of a joke from Bennett.

Forrester is probably leaving but he had the courtesy to give us another year after his injury and he's earned respect for that. Bennett on the other hand has 3 years of being shit and 1 decent season then he pisses off in search of more money. That's not a good way to part.

I would have thought it more likely that we will keep Forrester now.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on May 21, 2015, 09:04:43 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Kyle Bennett's career
2010/11 L2
11/12 Championship
12/13 L1
13/14 Championship bit part player
14/15 L1
15/16 L2

Lots of potential and a career fizzling out.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on May 21, 2015, 09:10:36 am by Alan Southstand »
That last statement is almost 100% correct, BST. Can I suggest adding the word 'unfulfilled' just before the word 'potential'.

Enough about Bennett, he wasn't good enough to get us out of this league. We, surely, must have better players lined up for our upcoming 'exciting' season?

bally1950

« Reply #99 on May 21, 2015, 10:59:20 am by bally1950 »
Agree with above.

He Gone, END OF

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on May 21, 2015, 11:08:49 am by wing commander »
I for one am delighted...I wanted a tough approach this time round..I don't rate Bennett that highly and I certainly don't rate Stevens very highly either...Bennett has had more than enough time to prove his worth and he hasn't just the odd glimpse..We can do a lot better...And Stevens is a plodder average defender with no vision and unable to do much more than pass to Butler..I don't know what everyones getting excited about...I wouldn't have offered either of them a deal anyway....

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on May 21, 2015, 11:13:59 am by wing commander »
And if this is his attitude to our club...Then off you go lad...

Bennett is out of contract this summer and Doncaster have offered the winger a new deal and Dickov says despite verbally agreeing a deal with the 24-year-old, it now looks like he will be moving to the League Two side in the summer after communication between Dickov, Bennett and his representatives broke down.

"It looks like that is going to happen," Dickov told BBC Radio Sheffield.

"It is disappointing from my point of view and I don`t put all the blame on Kyle.

"I spoke with Kyle a lot towards the end of last season, we put an offer to Kyle, he shook my hand verbally and said he wanted to stay and he was happy. I spoke to his representatives and they hinted the same thing. They were supposed to call me two weeks ago to let me know what was happening and it never occurred.

"I have tried to call them since and they still haven`t called me back. News then broke about him being down in Portsmouth talking to them. I eventually spoke to him last Saturday and I was told he wouldn`t be signing for Portsmouth and we could meet on Tuesday. Despite numerous calls to his representatives trying to arrange the meeting, it didn`t happen.

Bennett scored 8 goals in 50 appearances including the clubs goal of the season in the game at Sheffield United last season.

Since his arrival in 2011, he has made 131 appearances in total scoring 16 times.

"I eventually sent text and it was quite a rude text to them last night to find out what was going on. If Kyle is leaving I would like to think they would have the decency to give me or the club a call."

Bennett scored 8 goals in 50 appearances including the clubs goal of the season in the game at Sheffield United last season.

Since his arrival in 2011, he has made 131 appearances in total scoring 16 times.

Read more: http://www.doncaster.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=400387#ixzz3alatkctA

bradford exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on May 21, 2015, 11:17:11 am by bradford exile »

Who's the man in the picture at the top of the page...don't look one bit like Bennett to me????

Regards

Ray

www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on May 21, 2015, 11:18:16 am by The Red Baron »
"He shook my hand verbally" How do you do that?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on May 21, 2015, 11:39:11 am by wing commander »
   It was only a few weeks ago he was crowing he wanted to be the next James Coppinger and was desperate to stay...Until someone offered him a Sheckle or two more that is,then he's off like a robbers dog....Although that would probably push him off the ball and put a better cross in too...lol

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on May 21, 2015, 11:46:04 am by The Red Baron »

Who's the man in the picture at the top of the page...don't look one bit like Bennett to me????

Regards

Ray

Nyron Nosworthy, I think.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on May 21, 2015, 11:53:56 am by steve@dcfd »
He's gone so it's who we sign now, the ones we get before preseason and the ones we get in preseason. If they are the right quality then Kyle Bennett will be a distant memory.

The only thing now it's a player to replace, that PD thought he had I his squad.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on May 21, 2015, 12:34:31 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
and of the goals bennet scored (he scores bus goals -- you wait ages then they all come at once --- anyone remeber when he scored 2 goals in say the first match of the season ad their was fantasy talk of him scoring 20 goals in a season and getting ryans car

now time to comment on Porksmouth their budget is basically the same as last year for starters if you read this linkk
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/mcinnes-we-are-financially-backing-cook-1-6752857

Pompey paid around £150,000 to activate a buy-out clause in Cook’s contract to bring him from Chesterfield.

That figure will be settled over a number of instalments and McInnes is delighted the club can finance it.

He added: ‘The club have adequate finances to pay the compensation over a period of time for Paul, without going into debt.

‘It is about good, sound financial management.

‘How we have managed to do it has been made easier by the fact we have unprecedented levels of crowd attendances in this division, an executive team in Tony (Brown) and Mark (Catlin) who run a very tight ship, and increased commercial revenue thanks to Anna (Mitchell).

‘Therefore we run a budget in surplus"

thought for the day could call it the original crowdfunding

but they still messed promotion up last season

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on May 21, 2015, 12:43:41 pm by RobTheRover »
"He shook my hand verbally" How do you do that?

I thought Dean Saunders had come back.  Almost as good as the "when you fight Mike Tyson three times in a week" analogy.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on May 21, 2015, 01:14:54 pm by The Red Baron »
and of the goals bennet scored (he scores bus goals -- you wait ages then they all come at once --- anyone remeber when he scored 2 goals in say the first match of the season ad their was fantasy talk of him scoring 20 goals in a season and getting ryans car

now time to comment on Porksmouth their budget is basically the same as last year for starters if you read this linkk
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/mcinnes-we-are-financially-backing-cook-1-6752857

Pompey paid around £150,000 to activate a buy-out clause in Cook’s contract to bring him from Chesterfield.

That figure will be settled over a number of instalments and McInnes is delighted the club can finance it.

He added: ‘The club have adequate finances to pay the compensation over a period of time for Paul, without going into debt.

‘It is about good, sound financial management.

‘How we have managed to do it has been made easier by the fact we have unprecedented levels of crowd attendances in this division, an executive team in Tony (Brown) and Mark (Catlin) who run a very tight ship, and increased commercial revenue thanks to Anna (Mitchell).

‘Therefore we run a budget in surplus"

thought for the day could call it the original crowdfunding

They are hardly going to admit to spending top dollar on wages though, are they? Otherwise all the agents will be wanting more.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on May 21, 2015, 01:33:36 pm by IDM »

Aye, money doesn't guarantee success on the pitch..

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on May 21, 2015, 02:33:58 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
the point that comes out is that chessie were prepared to ACCEPT A MISERABLE £150,000 for their manager in instalments -- it looks like there must be 3/4 instalments over a couple of years which is peanuts  --- unless he had a buyout clause ????

cooke said in an interview before he left "a club" not "the club" could only go so far before it ran out of money (i have posted this elsewhere) and a chessie fan also mentioned on the radio they had debts of 5 to 8 million  so this is showing even more the financial constraints on them

cook also said when that striker left that they would have to change their style and make themselves harder to beat -- but nobody seems to have noticed this

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on May 21, 2015, 02:44:06 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Regards

Ray

Theo. :lol:

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on May 21, 2015, 02:45:28 pm by glosterred »
Looks like Pompey maybe trying to buy their way to success again. Have they got short memories and forgotten what happened last time they did that.

COYR

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on May 21, 2015, 03:06:36 pm by drfchound »
..............and the time before that too.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on May 21, 2015, 03:12:04 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I suspect last time they splashed out a little more cash for players of a higher quality than the likes of Kyle Bennett!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on May 21, 2015, 03:57:12 pm by GazLaz »
I suspect last time they splashed out a little more cash for players of a higher quality than the likes of Kyle Bennett!

I thought the same, they are in the wrong market if they are trying to buy success!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on May 21, 2015, 04:04:37 pm by Copps is Magic »
Two-year deal confirmed by Pompey. He brought out the 'massive club' line. Standard.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/portsmouth-sign-kyle-bennett-from-doncaster-rovers-2466207.aspx

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on May 21, 2015, 04:12:37 pm by bobjimwilly »
Looks like Pompey maybe trying to buy their way to success again. Have they got short memories and forgotten what happened last time they did that.

COYR

Now they're under supporter ownership you'd hope they are spending within their means.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on May 21, 2015, 04:13:47 pm by glosterred »

COYR

Now they're under supporter ownership you'd hope they are spending within their means.

You would hope.

COYR

TinyPortal © 2005-2012