Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:19:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New York / Vegas / Both  (Read 4940 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: New York / Vegas / Both
« Reply #30 on May 30, 2015, 10:10:01 pm by Donnywolf »
Or you could drive there and stay on site at the Grand Canyon, it's a beautiful place first thing the morning, the light is just different!

I also think there are better cities in the U.S. than NY, especially Boston, Chicago and Miami. Although I should be careful, my daughter in law is from Brooklyn and would not be very happy to hear me say that.

Yes stop just outside National Park (at Red Feather Village for example) and get up just before dawn and go watch the sunrise over the Canyon, Immense....There are always lots of Japanese tourists there wrapped in sheets from their Hotels paying homage to "The Rising Sun" of course

Quite simply the Grand Canyon is worth walking to from Donny to see. Awesome is an overused word but CAN be applied to the Grand Canyon - so try to see it and in all different light conditions - well worth it
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 10:15:48 pm by Donnywolf »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 30, 2015, 10:58:13 pm by BobG »
Absolutely agree DW. It's the single most wondrous wonder of the world I have ever seen. Bar nothing.  I hitch hiked there from Flagstaff in the back of a freezing and windy pick up truck. Worth every second of the pain I endured thawing out afterwards...

It was the colours that got me.  Just staggeringly beautiful.

BobG

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 31, 2015, 06:22:57 am by Donnywolf »
Absolutely agree DW. It's the single most wondrous wonder of the world I have ever seen. Bar nothing.  I hitch hiked there from Flagstaff in the back of a freezing and windy pick up truck. Worth every second of the pain I endured thawing out afterwards...

It was the colours that got me.  Just staggeringly beautiful.

BobG

Have you ever read the Bill Bryson book (Think it is Notes from a Big Country)  and specifically the Chapter on the Grand Canyon ? It made me howl with laughter - but you NEED to have seen the Canyon to appreciate the "joke"

Basically he goes there and unfortunately it is shrouded in mist for a couple of days and cant be seen and those there who have not ever seen it including a honeymooning couple are just saying oh well it may clear but he WHO KNEW what he was missing was climbing the walls with frustration and angst !  Great last line in the Chapter pmsl

And back to the OP

He then moves on to Las Vegas and opens with "What is the difference between Las Vegas and a Toilet ? At least you can flush a Toilet" Oops !
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:26:12 am by Donnywolf »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012