Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:44:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wireless Speakers  (Read 1797 times)

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
Wireless Speakers
« on May 16, 2015, 03:40:48 pm by craigdrfc »
Hello everyone.

As the title suggests I'm wanting to buy a wireless speaker for my living room to run off an iPod/iPad. I'm not really a techy so not got much of an idea. Budget is around £200-300 and I'm looking for a good 'full bodied" sound output. Bose obviously seems to have the market with these things. All suggestions, hints, tips appreciated.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Re: Wireless Speakers
« Reply #1 on May 16, 2015, 04:04:43 pm by Nudga »
I got one from Currys called "iwantit ", it's about 100 quid and sounds proper good. Blue tooth range isn't great though.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 16, 2015, 04:40:11 pm by hoolahoop »
I got my Bose one from Staples for £ 30 in a clearance sale. It works really well and the range is only limited by my current Wi-Fi providers but does work in my garden. It is for i- phones only and arr lass feels somewhat cheated that her Samsung doesn't work on it . My teenage daughter and I think it's funny.
However hour after hour of listening to Ed Sheeran makes it tempting to put the damn thing on e- bay. :(

Underwood

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 16, 2015, 05:31:33 pm by Underwood »
Play my Ipod via bluetooth through the TVs soundbar.
It is fantastic.

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 16, 2015, 05:33:54 pm by afro goal machine »
Play my Ipod via bluetooth through the TVs soundbar.
It is fantastic.

This

Not often I've done it but it's easy and knocks out a good sound

gillinghamrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 18, 2015, 12:03:20 am by gillinghamrover »
Sonia 5 is my speaker of choice. Excellent don't from a relatively small speaker.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 19, 2015, 12:57:57 am by RobTheRover »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 19, 2015, 07:47:40 am by Filo »
I know someone who has got the Bose Soundlink colour, it is awesome, the sound is amazing, he bought it specifically to use on holiday, small and light enough to be packed into a case

Bose SoundLink Color

When it comes to Bluetooth speakers, Bose is a major player. But something that's been missing from the company's product line is a relatively affordable option that has the same full-bodied sound crammed into a small form-factor.

With the $130 (£120, AU$180) SoundLink Color, Bose has achieved just that, plus a splash of color. There are a variety of flavors to choose from, but whichever you choose, you'll be treated to stellar sound and battery performance. Bose performance now comes cheap with this portable Bluetooth speaker.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 25, 2015, 10:17:20 pm by Mike_F »
I've got a Bose Soundlink III and it's ideal for most purposes. Great depth of sound for such a small box and slips easily in the hand luggage for a weekend away.

This was taken on a friend's deck in rural Spain last summer:

https://instagram.com/p/rznyNiCc0A/

TinyPortal © 2005-2012