Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:25:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rallying call from the club  (Read 8047 times)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
Rallying call from the club
« on June 02, 2015, 02:53:25 pm by watto-drfc »

E Mail i have just received
Dear Paul,

I understand from the Ticket Office Manager that you have chosen to not renew your season ticket seat (T343) for the coming season, as you have been disappointed at the club’s decision to introduce an Unreserved Seating policy in the South Stand.
In making this communication to you Paul, I hope that you will not  “……shoot the messenger” , as I have had no part in the decision making about the policy. The same goes for our ladies in the ticket office !
However, whilst I fully understand and respect your wishes, I should like to try and ask you to reconsider.
The policy will not change, and it is hoped that it will prove to be very successful in the same way it has done at some other clubs.
In reality Paul, we expect that the so –called ‘Kop’ will be grouped in the central area directly behind the goal. Your current seat is in the block to the right of this central area. I think you will find that existing season ticket holders in your block will still get the same seats which they have been used to. There will be co-operation and understanding amongst those who have been in your area over the years, and I’m sure that people will respect each others seats in this way. Some of our current season ticket holders expressed their concerns when we first announced the policy, but many of them have decided to renew and ‘give it a try’.
In the hope that we may retain you as a season ticket holder Paul, and that you can continue to support your team, let me offer to you some possible arrangements.
Firstly, consider renewing your seat and ‘give it a try’.
Or, let us find you an alternative seat in another stand at exactly the same price as the South Stand.
As a gesture of goodwill we will let you renew at the Early Bird Price, although this deadline has passed some weeks ago.
If you feel unable to consider any of these, then why not attend the first Home League match of the season and monitor the situation, with a view to then purchasing a season ticket for the remainder of the season, or possibly a Multi-Game Package for 10 matches of your choice (prices are on the website). I will provide you with a complimentary match ticket for this Paul if you wish.

As I have already indicated, I fully respect your opinion and decision on this matter, but I am sure that you can understand that I would be failing in my duty to the club if I did not at least try to keep you as a dedicated supporter of the Rovers.
I hope that I may look forward to a positive reply from you Paul, but at the same time I can assure you that we will respect your final decision and not ‘pester’ you on this matter.

Best wishes.

Charles

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Re: Rallying call from the club
« Reply #1 on June 02, 2015, 03:11:37 pm by bobjimwilly »
I think that's a great  gesture from Charles and the club mate. Are you going to take him up on any of his offers?

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 02, 2015, 03:12:51 pm by watto-drfc »
I will be giving it my full consideration

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 02, 2015, 03:45:44 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
Excellent stuff, the only letter I ever got when I was a ST holder was when i had renewed.

As I am on their database but now only buy 2 tickets a year I would expect to receive some kind of targeted mail asking why I am no longer a STH.

In my case it is geographic reasons but perhaps it would be a good way to catch more floating fans.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 02, 2015, 04:55:27 pm by drfchound »
I have renewed my season ticket for the south stand.
As someone who gets to the ground about 45 minutes before kick off i expect that i will be able to have a good choice of where i want to sit, perhaps my seat this season will still be available.
If it isn't then i guess i will be able to sit close enough to it for it not to be a problem.
i was chatting to my mate who i go to games with about this and we said that we may even try sitting in different places to see how it is elsewhere.
We usually sit fairly central about half way up (row M) but i think we will probably go a bit higher next season in the hope of helping to get songs going.
For me the lack of allocated seats isn't a problem.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 02, 2015, 07:54:47 pm by RedJ »
Who's Charles?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 02, 2015, 07:57:36 pm by drfchound »
Charlie Swallow.
I spoke to him about the same thing when it was announced about unreserved seating.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 02, 2015, 08:23:16 pm by graingrover »
Charles Swallow is Customer Care Manager .

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 02, 2015, 08:26:55 pm by RobTheRover »
I'm a southstander since day 1, too, and I've renewed. I'll probably try a few different vantage points (although I do like the area I've been sat in for the past 7 years (8 or so rows behind TheVicar) ,  and I expect that area to be available with no problems)

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 02, 2015, 08:28:32 pm by glosterred »
Cannot see many games where the "Kop" will be full

COYR

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 02, 2015, 08:33:16 pm by RobTheRover »
Small acorns,  Gloster.  The Black Bank has to start somewhere,  so even if it's 30, 50, or 100 strong in its infancy,  it will grow organically as others in the stadium maybe realise those in there are having a proper good time!  Remember,  the whole point is to increase atmosphere, so the key term here is "the more the merrier"

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 02, 2015, 08:47:31 pm by idler »
Maybe if it takes off better than expected the club could consider allowing STHs to transfer into the South Stand from other area.
Any difference in cost could maybe be made up with complimentary match tickets to offset any financial loss.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 02, 2015, 09:15:04 pm by the vicar »
I'm a southstander since day 1, too, and I've renewed. I'll probably try a few different vantage points (although I do like the area I've been sat in for the past 7 years (8 or so rows behind TheVicar) ,  and I expect that area to be available with no problems)
i hope so mate

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 02, 2015, 09:15:44 pm by RobTheRover »
I think we'll be fine there,  Dave.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 02, 2015, 09:19:00 pm by rtid88 »
Great bloke is Charles been with the Rovers for years!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 02, 2015, 09:22:35 pm by Chris Black come back »
Well written message that. Sounds genuine rather than some proforma rubbish. Well done Charles.

Needs to keep going though. You know what they say. One Swallow does not make a summer.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 02, 2015, 09:27:29 pm by drfchound »
It does make a like happy though.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 02, 2015, 09:29:07 pm by drfchound »
Should be "a bloke happy".
Doh!!!!

JBRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 02, 2015, 09:40:55 pm by JBRover »
Quote from: watto-drfc
link=topic=252742.msg546623#msg546623 date=1433253205

I had exactly the same email from Charles a couple of months ago and spoke to him at length, he seems like a decent bloke.

Dear Paul,

I understand from the Ticket Office Manager that you have chosen to not renew your season ticket seat (T343) for the coming season, as you have been disappointed at the club’s decision to introduce an Unreserved Seating policy in the South Stand.
In making this communication to you Paul, I hope that you will not  “……shoot the messenger” , as I have had no part in the decision making about the policy. The same goes for our ladies in the ticket office !
However, whilst I fully understand and respect your wishes, I should like to try and ask you to reconsider.
The policy will not change, and it is hoped that it will prove to be very successful in the same way it has done at some other clubs.
In reality Paul, we expect that the so –called ‘Kop’ will be grouped in the central area directly behind the goal. Your current seat is in the block to the right of this central area. I think you will find that existing season ticket holders in your block will still get the same seats which they have been used to. There will be co-operation and understanding amongst those who have been in your area over the years, and I’m sure that people will respect each others seats in this way. Some of our current season ticket holders expressed their concerns when we first announced the policy, but many of them have decided to renew and ‘give it a try’.
In the hope that we may retain you as a season ticket holder Paul, and that you can continue to support your team, let me offer to you some possible arrangements.
Or, let us find you an alternative seat in another stand at exactly the same price as the South Stand.
As a gesture of goodwill we will let you renew at the Early Bird Price, although this deadline has passed some weeks ago.
If you feel unable to consider any of these, then why not attend the first Home League match of the season and monitor the situation, with a view to then purchasing a season ticket for the remainder of the season, or possibly a Multi-Game Package for 10 matches of your choice (prices are on the website). I will provide you with a complimentary match ticket for this Paul if you wish.

As I have already indicated, I fully respect your opinion and decision on this matter, but I am sure that you can understand that I would be failing in my duty to the club if I did not at least try to keep you as a dedicated supporter of the Rovers.
I hope that I may look forward to a positive reply from you Paul, but at the same time I can assure you that we will respect your final decision and not ‘pester’ you on this matter.

Best wishes.

Charles

I think that's a great  gesture from Charles and the club mate. Are you going to take him up on any of his offers?

Dear Paul,

Best wishes.

Charles

JBRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 02, 2015, 09:45:10 pm by JBRover »
I had the same email from Charles a couple of months ago and also spoke to him at length, seems like a decent bloke.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 02, 2015, 10:28:36 pm by the vicar »
I think we'll be fine there,  Dave.
GOOD MATE i like your optimism lol

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 02, 2015, 11:54:26 pm by mushRTID »

Dear Paul,

Best wishes.

Charles

Incredible scenes. Your only 7 seats away from me, same row. Iv not renewed either il await my email haha

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 03, 2015, 12:46:36 am by hoolahoop »
I'm ready to renew after a couple of seasons out of action.
Plenty of mates in the West Stand but the Black Bank is going to be the place for me.

Really looking forward to the whole concept, besides I own some of that flag and am going to hold the decker.

Please if you can spare a few quid ; I know that Lee and the others are really working hard on bedecking the stand. Its not too late to help out RTWD eh ?

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 04, 2015, 02:48:54 pm by Jenny »

Won't that area be the wrong side of no mans land for the south standers Rob?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 05, 2015, 03:40:47 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Is Charlie Swallow related to the ex rovers player?.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 05, 2015, 12:51:19 pm by idler »
I don't think so. I played a few games in the Donny Sunday League with Charlie and he never mentioned Barry who was probably finishing about then.

neil grainger

« Reply #26 on June 06, 2015, 11:12:17 pm by neil grainger »
Barry Swallow - went on to play for York City didn't he?
His Dad Ernie was landlord at the pub in Edenthorpe......?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on June 06, 2015, 11:14:21 pm by RobTheRover »

Won't that area be the wrong side of no mans land for the south standers Rob?

I think it is, Jenny.  If I have to move 5 yards to the right I wont be too fussed, to be fair.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on June 07, 2015, 10:24:06 am by idler »
Yes he was there for a while. He had a sweet shop near their ground with a silhouette of a footballer on it. It even looked like him, tall and lanky.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 07, 2015, 12:43:54 pm by drfc1951 »
Yes he was there for a while. He had a sweet shop near their ground with a silhouette of a footballer on it. It even looked like him, tall and lanky.

Barry Swallow was also a male model for various mailorder catalogues.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012