Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:58:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Free Press survey results  (Read 6783 times)

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
Free Press survey results
« on July 02, 2015, 05:54:19 pm by Lifelong supporter »

I see it's all in the paper today.
All fairly predictable outcomes and much ado about nothing for me.
Can't see why it attracted so much fuss in the first place but I'm glad the bizarre protest about it is no longer the top item on this website.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: Free Press survey results
« Reply #1 on July 03, 2015, 11:45:18 pm by BobG »
Tell me. Are you still being paid to develop and write rubbish like this?

Cheers

BobG
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 11:43:02 pm by BobG »

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 04, 2015, 01:59:17 am by Lifelong supporter »

?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 04, 2015, 08:50:41 am by IDM »

Can't see why it attracted so much fuss in the first place but I'm glad the bizarre protest about it is no longer the top item on this website.

It attracted so much fuss because the way the questions and answer options were constructed, the survey appeared to be aimed at being critical at the club, the manager, and the owners.

That the results show most fans feel otherwise, is down to the common sense of most Rovers fans..

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 04, 2015, 09:07:24 am by bpoolrover »
Thing is if u look at the last couple of seasons on this message board the things that were asked have been moaned about on here,so I can't see a problem really

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 04, 2015, 09:40:48 am by drfchound »

It attracted so much fuss because the way the questions and answer options were constructed, the survey appeared to be aimed at being critical at the club, the manager, and the owners.

That the results show most fans feel otherwise, is down to the common sense of most Rovers fans..

Correct IDM, the results of the survey do indicate that MOST fans who took part are in favour of the manager staying on.
I have been criticised by some people for saying as much (on the 606 site) but this kind of backs me up.

The views of the posters on VSC are more evenly balanced.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 04, 2015, 04:51:56 pm by Lifelong supporter »

Have contributors to this website never been critical of the club, the manager and the owners?
And if the results had been different, and more critical, would that have been down to the common sense of the responders as well?
I don't think some of the questions were worded very well either but it was bizarre to suggest it was destabilising or having a negative agenda.
It was interesting to see almost 300 people took part in the survey - more than the membership of the VSC, I would imagine - and three-quarters were backing the manager going into the new season.
Only a small minority have been behind him on a number of 'negative' surveys conducted on here so I would suggest this is more representative of the feelings of the fans.
This is despite the VSC statement claiming to speak for 'supporters in general' in one instance and 'most supporters' in another.
I just think some people can be a little bit precious and self important, and take themselves too seriously a times.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 04, 2015, 05:21:24 pm by Copps is Magic »
I think it's probably more to do with the fact that the FP survey was conducted at a time of year when most would agree it's detrimental to change manager. The previous polls you refer to have all been run on this forum, which is separate from the VSC, and appears to be open to anyone to register and contribute. I don't know how you deduce a poorly designed FP survey would be more representative than a simple conducted poll on here?

Generally, I think it's slightly neurotic and childish the way a certain section of our fans continue with squabbles over differences in opinion which are so inconsequential as to be boring. That it's been going on for a year now (1 year anniversary of last pre-season) doesn't reflect well on anyone.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 04, 2015, 05:23:26 pm by Drover »

And we now know this thanks to the survey!If the survey was removed due to complaints,then we would never of learn this.Freedom of speech has it's reasons.I too felt,it was much a do about nothing.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 05:28:37 pm by Drover »

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 04, 2015, 08:26:34 pm by Lifelong supporter »
I think it's probably more to do with the fact that the FP survey was conducted at a time of year when most would agree it's detrimental to change manager. The previous polls you refer to have all been run on this forum, which is separate from the VSC, and appears to be open to anyone to register and contribute. I don't know how you deduce a poorly designed FP survey would be more representative than a simple conducted poll on here?

Generally, I think it's slightly neurotic and childish the way a certain section of our fans continue with squabbles over differences in opinion which are so inconsequential as to be boring. That it's been going on for a year now (1 year anniversary of last pre-season) doesn't reflect well on anyone.

Just to explain: more representative because it comes from a larger sample and wider cross section of supporters.
Don't disagree with what else you say other than it's detrimental to change managers in the close season.
I thought the opposite would be the case.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 04, 2015, 11:45:10 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

When is a good time to sack a manager though Copp's?, if he is struggling when Christmas comes will that be a bad time as well?, for me the best time is just before a season ends, so a manager can have a look at what he has got, and what needs replacing.
That's why it is such a serious decision to take, changing managers can mess the whole club up for a couple of years, but get the right one in and you wonder why you gave him so long.

For me Paul just about deserves a shot at this season, he underachieved but not massively, the problem is if it's all going wrong halfway through the season, then you think ''We have wasted another season''!, I am glad it's not my decision!.
I will be fully behind him(Tommy Doc said he always preferred people in front of him!), i want this season to go well, at least get in the play-off's, and a bit of a cup run,  and be stronger off the field as i see it we are improving in that area.
Let's have a great season, so we have to scrabble about for something to moan about!. :laugh:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 04, 2015, 11:51:11 pm by bobjimwilly »
This is despite the VSC statement claiming to speak for 'supporters in general' in one instance

wrong again

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 05, 2015, 12:10:32 am by BobG »
Lifelong: when are youi going to be honest about your paymaster, your motives and your identity eh?

BobG

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 05, 2015, 01:06:04 am by Lifelong supporter »
This is despite the VSC statement claiming to speak for 'supporters in general' in one instance

wrong again

Sorry, having re-read it, you're right.
Like the survey the statement was also rather clumsily worded as well.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 05, 2015, 07:20:34 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Lifelong: when are youi going to be honest about your paymaster, your motives and your identity eh?

BobG

And who his mole was too..?

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 05, 2015, 10:53:19 am by Lifelong supporter »

BobG

BG, I've got to hand it to you, you've got me bang to rights.
Time to fess up.
I'm really Dave Parker in disguise, and a certain former chairman is paying me to destabilise the website.
You're so much smarter than me.
I should have known I couldn't keep up the pretence with you on my case.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 05, 2015, 11:08:09 am by IDM »

Have contributors to this website never been critical of the club, the manager and the owners?
And if the results had been different, and more critical, would that have been down to the common sense of the responders as well?
I don't think some of the questions were worded very well either but it was bizarre to suggest it was destabilising or having a negative agenda.
It was interesting to see almost 300 people took part in the survey - more than the membership of the VSC, I would imagine - and three-quarters were backing the manager going into the new season.
Only a small minority have been behind him on a number of 'negative' surveys conducted on here so I would suggest this is more representative of the feelings of the fans.
This is despite the VSC statement claiming to speak for 'supporters in general' in one instance and 'most supporters' in another.
I just think some people can be a little bit precious and self important, and take themselves too seriously a times.

I never said the survey was destabilising.  Nor do I think fans shouldn't be critical.

I just felt that some questions - and the answer choices - were giving more opportunity to express criticism, than to show satisfaction or to give a middle of the road opinion.  Then on the subject of Club Doncaste, it was just a yes/no like/dislike but no option for not interested.

I am not saying the survey shouldn't be done, nor even that there was a hidden agenda - just that it gave that appearance.

Either way, it won't stop me buying a ST if I can afford it, or the multi game voucher etc.  I'm only really bothered about the football. 

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 05, 2015, 11:45:28 pm by BobG »
Sarcasm.  The last resort of a scoundrel in trouble.

BobG

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 06, 2015, 01:22:24 am by Lifelong supporter »

I think you'll find that was patriotism Bob.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 06, 2015, 11:21:03 pm by BobG »
What on Earth is there to be patriotic about? What's it got to do with anything at all on this forum?

Anyway, come on, you've let the cat out of the bag yourself. All those who make a difference know you now. Telling the truth while implying it's all a lie is an old, old tactic mate. You gotta get up a lot earlier in the morning than that.  How much were you paid then? And what was the objective in mind?

BobG

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 07, 2015, 03:34:52 am by NickDRFC »
"Patriotism is the last resort of a scoundrel" is a pretty well known quote. Samuel Johnson I believe.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 07, 2015, 09:32:46 am by Lifelong supporter »

Thanks Nick.
It's a bit difficult explaining things to him at times.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 07, 2015, 08:02:49 pm by RobTheRover »
"Patriotism is the last resort of a scoundrel" is a pretty well known quote. Samuel Johnson I believe.

Did he say that in "Snakes on a Plane"?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 07, 2015, 09:27:50 pm by BobG »
Patriotism is indeed the last resort of a scoundrel. But for you to claim that as a response to my post confirms the impressions and opinions offered in this thread:

http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php/topic/239012-dave-parker-rl-journalist/

Take a look. Very informative. I particularly like the one that says "the bloke has been a joke for years and when you come across articles like this you just shake your head". Or how about this one: "Well most of his ramblings certainly usually rhyme with "write"". There's a real belter on Page 2 and there are several other interesting lines too. I am sure everyone on here will be fascinated to read them. They give a very handy context to the stuff you've been peddling on here for a couple of years now, and feeding to the Free Press, and others too.

For you to claim knowledge of Samuel Johnson, on the back of a post by a guy who does know his stuff, is tantamount to - well. I'll leave it upto all our friends on here to decide. They've got the evidence now. Fancy explaining who your paymaster is, what your motives are and your identity now eh?

You are a busted flush Nosey. It'd be better for all concerned if you quit now. That rubbish about a survey in the Free Press last week was the last straw. It had your prints all over it. Do you think absolutely everyone is stupid? Do you?? Read that link I gave again. Folk are wise to you. You had a very clear agenda with that rubbish last week. Everyone that matters knows that very well.  And they know who you are working for too.

Last thought: I notice that despite repeated requests, you have chosen to neither confirm nor deny that you are, or were, being paid to get stuff that supports a particular agenda concerning the current Rovers and its set up into the press. All on its own that speaks volumes and volumes Nosey. You've been clean bowled.

BobG
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 12:20:42 am by BobG »

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 07, 2015, 10:38:44 pm by NickDRFC »

Did he say that in "Snakes on a Plane"?

I believe so, fairly sure it was immediately before he said "I'm gonna get these motherf****** scoundrels off this motherf****** plane!"

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 08, 2015, 02:29:59 am by Lifelong supporter »

Sorry to correct you again Bob but it was Nick who mentioned Samuel Johnson, not me.
I'm certainly not claiming any knowledge of the great man.
Just knowledge of the quote which actually states 'last refuge' rather than resort just to be completely accurate.
It wasn't sarcasm earlier either Bob because, as you must well know, that's the lowest form of wit.
I was merely trying to be light hearted in response to yet another of your rather strange rants at me.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on July 08, 2015, 07:40:38 am by Alickismyhero »
Patriotism is indeed the last resort of a scoundrel. But for you to claim that as a response to my post confirms the impressions and opinions offered in this thread:

http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php/topic/239012-dave-parker-rl-journalist/

Take a look. Very informative. I particularly like the one that says "the bloke has been a joke for years and when you come across articles like this you just shake your head". Or how about this one: "Well most of his ramblings certainly usually rhyme with "write"". There's a real belter on Page 2 and there are several other interesting lines too. I am sure everyone on here will be fascinated to read them. They give a very handy context to the stuff you've been peddling on here for a couple of years now, and feeding to the Free Press, and others too.

For you to claim knowledge of Samuel Johnson, on the back of a post by a guy who does know his stuff, is tantamount to - well. I'll leave it upto all our friends on here to decide. They've got the evidence now. Fancy explaining who your paymaster is, what your motives are and your identity now eh?

You are a busted flush Nosey. It'd be better for all concerned if you quit now. That rubbish about a survey in the Free Press last week was the last straw. It had your prints all over it. Do you think absolutely everyone is stupid? Do you?? Read that link I gave again. Folk are wise to you. You had a very clear agenda with that rubbish last week. Everyone that matters knows that very well.  And they know who you are working for too.

Last thought: I notice that despite repeated requests, you have chosen to neither confirm nor deny that you are, or were, being paid to get stuff that supports a particular agenda concerning the current Rovers and its set up into the press. All on its own that speaks volumes and volumes Nosey. You've been clean bowled.

BobG

Bob,

Sorry pal, but if you read back very carefully Nosey was outed many months ago.

You could say that the hidden agenda is now clear to see by all.

That period in our history is now over and calmness now rules the show.

The forum has settled and running better than it has in recent years with disagreements battled respectfully, well, nearly respectfully.

The rugby forum was very revealing!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 08, 2015, 07:51:48 am by Glyn_Wigley »
And we know who your mole was. Just wondered if you'd have the balls to own up.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012