Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 04:50:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wolves Highlights  (Read 3972 times)

eastender

• VSC Member
Wolves Highlights
« on August 02, 2015, 11:17:50 am by eastender »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxKnxWzn730" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxKnxWzn730</a>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxKnxWzn730&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 01:39:06 pm by Forum Admin »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Wolves Highlights
« Reply #1 on August 02, 2015, 11:33:07 am by drfchound »
Thanks for posting that Eastender.
I read on here yesterday that we were poor at defending corners and gave two goals away as a result.
Didn't Wolves do the same?
Funny isn't it that when we concede from a corner it is poor defending but no one says anything when we score from a corner?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 02, 2015, 11:42:32 am by Retdon1 »
As well as I thought Stuckmann played yesterday it looks like he likes to palm saves in front of him rather than to the side, our defence will need to be alert to clear the danger.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 02, 2015, 12:12:40 pm by Donnywolf »
Front Palming German hes just a Front Palming German

Vordere Palmig Deutsch should not be offensive to the Flag Police either !
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 12:17:23 pm by Donnywolf »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 02, 2015, 12:18:09 pm by Donnywolf »
As well as I thought Stuckmann played yesterday it looks like he likes to palm saves in front of him rather than to the side, our defence will need to be alert to clear the danger.

None of the 3 keepers on display had great games

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 02, 2015, 12:19:11 pm by RoversDave »
I'm sure he could have herr flicked the first 2 over the bar with his little finger. Get a grip, not much more he could do other than save the initial shot.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 02, 2015, 12:21:32 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Those first two goals were from proper corners, brilliant. The fourth was pitiful. The 5th again brilliant. For a good few seasons our corners haven't been accurate and hit hard enough. If we can get corners in like that, with players in the right positions and attacking the ball in that way, we will get goals.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 02, 2015, 12:24:22 pm by The Red Baron »
Thanks for posting that Eastender.
I read on here yesterday that we were poor at defending corners and gave two goals away as a result.
Didn't Wolves do the same?
Funny isn't it that when we concede from a corner it is poor defending but no one says anything when we score from a corner?

Neither side should be happy about the way they defended corners. In many ways our second was the worst of the lot from a defensive point of view. Jones able to stroll into the six yard box.

I'd like to think our defenders would have closed down quicker on their second and fourth and even taken a yellow. Maybe not in a friendly, but definitely in a League game.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 02, 2015, 01:07:28 pm by dickos1 »

Not sure how he could've palmed them any other way? He was at the front post and the ball went across him, impossible to tip them passed the far post

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 02, 2015, 01:11:32 pm by Copps is Magic »
Our first conceded corner was Lund missing the header as the first man. The second was Jones not tracking his man.

Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 02, 2015, 01:56:33 pm by Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover »
Absolutely terrible defending for their 4th, should never of happened.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 02, 2015, 03:41:02 pm by Donnywolf »
I'm sure he could have herr flicked the first 2 over the bar with his little finger. Get a grip, not much more he could do other than save the initial shot.

He did plenty of Grub(b)er kicks into touch in front of East Stand !

Aim for the green bit between the stands ffs

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 02, 2015, 10:01:14 pm by drfchound »
Also the goal that Wolves scored from the second corner could probably have been prevented if we had had a man guarding the near post.
I noticed last season that we did that a lot, that is the near post player stood wide of the goal and ahead of the post(towards the corner taker).
Surely it is easier to start inside the post and move towards the ball if required rather than move backwards towards the goal.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 02, 2015, 10:06:26 pm by idler »
Also the goal that Wolves scored from the second corner could probably have been prevented if we had had a man guarding the near post.
I noticed last season that we did that a lot, that is the near post player stood wide of the goal and ahead of the post(towards the corner taker).
Surely it is easier to start inside the post and move towards the ball if required rather than move backwards towards the goal.
I thought that last season when we conceded a couple at home. It's common sense really isn't it? Or should be.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 02, 2015, 10:11:00 pm by drfchound »
You would think so.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 03, 2015, 05:22:33 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Too right idler.  My favourite piss boiler is throw-ins.  They almost always throw the ball to bounce to the player, who then has to get it under control.  The number of times we lose possession when the defender nicks it off us while he's trying to get his foot on it.  Everyone knows how much bounce there is in the KM pitch but we see it every game.  Basic stuff!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012