Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:04:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Horses for courses  (Read 3183 times)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Horses for courses
« on August 13, 2015, 08:08:18 pm by NickDRFC »
Evina right wing, Forrester left wing and Copps in the hole...any method to this madness? The only reason I can think of is Evina is there to help out at right back...not helped much so far!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Horses for courses
« Reply #1 on August 13, 2015, 08:49:40 pm by dickos1 »
They keep swapping as do many wingers, can't see the problem

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 14, 2015, 09:44:07 am by grayx »
I was impressed with evina last night ( on the left please Paul). Looked lively and tricky. Liked the look of middleton who will only get better with more game time. Made the midfield look a lot more balanced. Copps is more effective on the right, let forrester play behind the striker. I do think people are getting a little carried away though. We wont play against 10 men many games. It gave is the time and space we need.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 14, 2015, 09:59:52 am by dickos1 »
I agree.
But you can't slate everything after one performance which u think is poor and then when you think it's decent say don't get carried away.
As I said after Saturday you can't get carried away whatever happens in the first dozen or so games. Just lets see where we are.
Also how many times have we struggled against ten men?? Barnsley away anyone?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 14, 2015, 10:45:56 am by NickDRFC »
You can't wear beating ten men as a badge of honour. Sometimes you will play 10 men and lose, but that doesn't make it commonplace or likely. A team with 11 should always beat a team with 10 (unless the teams are very different in quality), if they don't the team with 11 are likely complacent, have a real off day or are unlucky.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 14, 2015, 10:50:46 am by Copps is Magic »
Aye, but beyond the footballing qualities (which might not have been on display at times) there are those extra qualities in football that you need - tenacity, persistence, passion, togetherness. Last night for me was about all those, I wasn't that bothered about the performance in an early stage cup game. It was all about winning and not letting the good atmosphere deflate any further.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 14, 2015, 12:37:13 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Aye, but beyond the footballing qualities (which might not have been on display at times) there are those extra qualities in football that you need - tenacity, persistence, passion, togetherness. Last night for me was about all those, I wasn't that bothered about the performance in an early stage cup game. It was all about winning and not letting the good atmosphere deflate any further.
Especially against Leeds!!!!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 14, 2015, 01:30:19 pm by dickos1 »
It's often harder to play against ten men as they put everyone behind the ball

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 14, 2015, 01:44:40 pm by IDM »
The sending off helped even up the sides - we are far from the finished article yet and Leeds, despite our feelings for them, have some good quality players.

Whilst we should have finished them off before the end of 90 minutes, overall it was a good game to watch.  We can get better too.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012