Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 08:50:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Can I Just Ask?  (Read 8566 times)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
Re: Can I Just Ask?
« Reply #30 on August 24, 2015, 07:34:25 pm by DonnyNoel »
every club pay wages bob jimwilly and I have said it before its only guess work what the players get paid,consider the players that have left they didn't play for nothing so the difference should be minimal.

Like you say it's all conjecture but I disagree the difference will be minimal. I'd say every signing this summer has been an improvement on ther direct replacement and therefore most likely  more in wages. ATS > Stevens. Stuckmann > Bywater. Mackenzie > McCombe. Chaplow > Furman. N'Guessan > Bennett. Williams > Theo.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 24, 2015, 07:46:21 pm by Copps is Magic »
Copps,

Exactly mate! Like me, you just don't know the whole story. Therefore the only thing we disagree on is your opinion that PD wouldn't be good enough even if he was given enough money, whereas I don't know!

It's all conjecture, hardly enough evidence to go on........

Just because you don't know the 'whole story' doesn't mean you can't have an opinion on separate parts of the story! That was my point. And you clearly do have an opinion, but for whatever reason you are shying away from it under the guise of 'we don't know the facts'.

I find it hard to believe you, as a season ticket holder, have sat through the last few seasons and not developed an opinion on Dickov independent of whatever else is going on! I find that very surprising because I had you down as a reflective young man.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 07:50:02 pm by Copps is Magic »

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 24, 2015, 07:48:41 pm by acko »
not something we can argue about Donny but it was rumoured that theo was on top money,bennett wouldn't be on peanuts,stevens was from prem league and furman international.i bet the chairman and chief exec are among top earners

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 24, 2015, 07:51:38 pm by DonnyNoel »
not something we can argue about Donny but it was rumoured that theo was on top money,bennett wouldn't be on peanuts,stevens was from prem league and furman international.i bet the chairman and chief exec are among top earners

Actually yes, Theo could well have been given he was a 1in3 championship striker when we signed him. Bennett was on low wages as we called his bluff on other clubs being interested at his last renewal.

The rest I guess is heresay but I'm happy to say I think we're offering more than competitive wages for the division and we should be seeing more from the group we have (albeit I also think we should have two or three more of them!)

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 24, 2015, 07:58:38 pm by acko »
 I agree Donny the players we signed should be offering the team more,but its early days and thigs could change I don't think the mk dons started well last season but they gained promotion,just another to add to the list by the way what wages was johnstone on

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 24, 2015, 09:18:15 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Copps.

For what it's worth I think Dickov tows the line with the owners and they are content with that. I would guess that he tries to appease them by keeping the price of the squad to a minimum, and they like that arrangement.

Pure conjecture like.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 09:23:28 pm by Bentley Bullet »

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 24, 2015, 10:08:46 pm by les@donr »
A Yes man.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 24, 2015, 10:47:08 pm by Jonathan »
Serious question: Would people be happier if we'd signed one of the top scorers in the division but paid £400k for him instead of getting him on a Bosman, and offered Chaplow the same wages he'd been getting in the Premier League a few years back?

All this obsession with money and wanting to know how much we've spent, I don't get it! We have recruited well, yes we could do with a few more, but there's no suggestion anywhere that the funds for that aren't there.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 10:49:18 pm by Jonathan »

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 25, 2015, 12:07:04 pm by Yorkiered »
Serious question: Would people be happier if we'd signed one of the top scorers in the division but paid £400k for him instead of getting him on a Bosman, and offered Chaplow the same wages he'd been getting in the Premier League a few years back?

All this obsession with money and wanting to know how much we've spent, I don't get it! We have recruited well, yes we could do with a few more, but there's no suggestion anywhere that the funds for that aren't there.

Good post Jonathan,
I feel most people (Me included) were happy with the signings we have made pre season. Very few lower league clubs nowadays pay a fee for a player to a club. They do however pay a signing on fee to the player concerned so it more or less is the same thing.
Where I feel we have gone wrong is being too reliant on the youngsters coming through. The squad isn't big enough or strong enough with experienced pro's. That is the problem.
Either PD is saying all the right things to appease the board or he really is deluded.

RobSlingDog

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 25, 2015, 01:33:19 pm by RobSlingDog »
People here saying we don't know the in's and out's of the club. Yes that is correct but that isn't what we are getting at. We all know there is some good players here at this club and we should be at the top end of the table, but can someone please tell me what is different from lasts season style of play? Where we had a poor season? It's nothing to do with budget or anything else behind the sences. It's all lies with that clown Dickov.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 25, 2015, 01:48:42 pm by dickos1 »
Tables are totally irrelevant after 4 games.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 25, 2015, 11:25:56 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Just seen the poll on should he stay or go and just noticed 15 people have said stay. Can I ask you 15 people either what pills are you on, or why you think he should stay? What have you seen in these past 2 seasons and the start of this season what makes you think he's the man to lead this club forward because i've seen nothing at all!!

The 15 voters were Barnsley fans, who sent off they're membership forms so they could vote, a ''Very Conservative decision''!.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on August 26, 2015, 12:21:22 am by silent majority »
The budget isn't a total secret, when the accounts are drawn up at the end of the season its there in black and white for all to see. We have made that information available for the last few years and reproduced it on here.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012