Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:05:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Get him out now  (Read 19056 times)

dknward2

• VSC Member
Re: Get him out now
« Reply #30 on August 25, 2015, 10:48:17 pm by dknward2 »
Still feel even if we lose on sat he still wont get sacked, if fact i go on hols in sept and come back at the beginning of oct and i have an annoying feeling he will still be here but we wont have got any better

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 25, 2015, 10:48:48 pm by dickos1 »
In the football world, it's a draw hence why the extra 30 mins was needed..
But you keep looking for any excuse to badger the manager like you've done with all the other managers

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on August 25, 2015, 10:48:58 pm by Filo »
Ridiculous OP, from someone that wasn't there!

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 25, 2015, 10:50:14 pm by acacia94 »
You know the extra 30 mins we played, that was because we drew the game..
Happens in a lot of drawn cup games these days mate 😉

No we didn't draw the game – the game lasted 120mins and we lost it 1-4 old fruit.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 25, 2015, 10:50:39 pm by pib »
Did we draw the JPT Final and share it with Bristol Rovers then?

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 25, 2015, 10:52:14 pm by Cramby10 »
The club have totally backed themselves into a corner now. If they wait til Saturday to sack him then it'll be too late, as that leaves no time whatsoever to hire a new man and for him to recruit a few of his own players before the window shuts. After tonight the squad is down to bare bones and now needs reinforcing.
He needs sacking immediately if they are thinking about doing so. God I hope so. If not then they have to give him money to recruit.
Would you give someone you don't trust, money to spend?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 25, 2015, 10:52:25 pm by Retdon1 »

Where have we refused to get new faces in?  Before the new injuries of the last week or so, PD saw no need for loanees yet, but he must act now, surely?
[/quote]

Do you ever listen to his interviews he's needed to bring new faces in for the last 2 weeks and every times he's asked about it, he's just says theirs no plans at the minute.

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 25, 2015, 10:52:48 pm by MrWoodySir »
Ridiculous to state drawing with the team top of the championship is the final straw.
Losing at port vale maybe, but not tonight.
You keep mentioning drawing... so we also drew against Leeds then?

Which would mean we haven't won a game yet this season.

:woot:

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 25, 2015, 10:52:59 pm by del boy »
Did we draw the JPT Final and share it with Bristol Rovers then?

Sir francis goal didn't count at stoke either as that ended in a draw after 90 mins

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on August 25, 2015, 10:53:41 pm by dickos1 »
You know the extra 30 mins we played, that was because we drew the game..
Happens in a lot of drawn cup games these days mate 😉

No we didn't draw the game – the game lasted 120mins and we lost it 1-4 old fruit.

Of course it did.
It's like having discussions with Wednesday or Leeds fans on here sometimes. Happy to mock their own club

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 25, 2015, 10:54:06 pm by IDM »

Where have we refused to get new faces in?  Before the new injuries of the last week or so, PD saw no need for loanees yet, but he must act now, surely?

Do you ever listen to his interviews he's needed to bring new faces in for the last 2 weeks and every times he's asked about it, he's just says theirs no plans at the minute.
[/quote]

But we've had new injuries since, hence why I say he must act now. 

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 25, 2015, 10:56:12 pm by Retdon1 »
Retdon1
I assume by that your saying that 90% won't turn up Saturday then? Emotions run high, but just think about last comment.

Just because 90% want him sacked doesn't mean they won't turn up, I didn't go tonight because I wasn't going to waste £15 on a ticket  after wasting nearly £100 at vale on Saturday. I'll be their Saturday because I've got a season ticket but won't be spending another penny Intill he's sacked.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on August 25, 2015, 10:56:55 pm by dickos1 »
No we didn't beat Leeds, we drew the game and won on penalties, we also drew with Dagenham and won on golden goal.
Anyway it's irrelevant, the people who went said it was a decent performance.
If people wanna go round and round looking for every little negative thing they can find then that's up to them.
The big game is sat

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 25, 2015, 10:59:10 pm by Copps is Magic »
For the 90 minutes during the game tonight there was not a word said about Dickov. After their third goal went in there was a few 'unsavoury' chants let's say but by that time there was hardly anyone left in the ground so I am not sure anyone really heard.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 25, 2015, 11:00:28 pm by RedArmy »
No we didn't beat Leeds, we drew the game and won on penalties, we also drew with Dagenham and won on golden goal.
If people wanna go round and round looking for every little negative thing they can find then that's up to them.
The big game is sat

If youre going by that. we are still yet to win a game then this season.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 25, 2015, 11:00:42 pm by Retdon1 »
The big game is sat

So if we lose Saturday you think he should be sacked

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 25, 2015, 11:01:57 pm by dickos1 »
I said on Saturday he should be.
He's on thin ice, today shouldn't break that ice, Saturday might.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 25, 2015, 11:02:21 pm by coventryrover »
Judging him on tonight is harsh.  By all accounts we played well and gives us some hope.

Judging him on his tenure is an altogether different proposition.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 25, 2015, 11:02:49 pm by dickos1 »
The big game is sat

Yes we haven't won a game this season, I thought everybody knew that.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 25, 2015, 11:03:54 pm by RedArmy »
The big game is sat

Yes we haven't won a game this season, I thought everybody knew that.

Fair enough, just making sure you kept the same theory in all circumstances.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 25, 2015, 11:04:11 pm by Copps is Magic »
I see you're back on shift Dickos1. What time do you clock off?

:lol:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 25, 2015, 11:05:25 pm by IDM »
Judging him on tonight is harsh.  By all accounts we played well and gives us some hope.

Judging him on his tenure is an altogether different proposition.

Precisely.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on August 25, 2015, 11:06:14 pm by dickos1 »
Just having a sangria on the balcony and that'll be me mate

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 25, 2015, 11:07:54 pm by Alan Southstand »
Well I bothered to go and for 45mins we did OK, but after that we were simply overrun. Pace, power and superior fitness v what looked, at times, a rabble. The organisation, what little there was, evaporated after their goal. We were on a wing and a prayer at times and we had Stuckman to thank yet again for keeping us in the game up to the 90 mins.
IMHO we now have an enormous amount of problems - no pace, no power, 1 CB left, no sign of Keegan.being ready (not even training). The oldies in midfield are doing their level best but it clearly is nowhere near good enough. It reminds me of watching us when we dropped into the Conference. Old pros doing their best, but time catching up with them. We did need about 3 players but that has now grown to 6. PD's theory of going through the season with experienced players is already floored. Most are already injured and some are not niggles - poor Jonesy could be finished!
Only bright spark, for a while, was the performance of Lund but the early promise he showed soon fizzled out, much like the whole Rovers performance.
Please do not give this clown any more funds, you might as well throw it down the drain and that's where we're heading if this tool stays.

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 25, 2015, 11:08:17 pm by MrWoodySir »
The big game is sa
I went, we were better but it's another loss.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on August 25, 2015, 11:09:42 pm by dickos1 »
That's the only negative post I've seen about tonight's performance, not surprising really though

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 25, 2015, 11:12:12 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Valiant effort upto extra time, against the side i see as champions of the championship this season. Even though they didn't start all they're best players the squad players they have are also very good.
When the player went off and Fraser came on, that was the start of the slippery slope, if only he hadn't got injured. It was like i said a few nights ago this was a step up to try and beat these, so i see it as a better performance over ninety minutes than the Leeds one.
Having said all that in extra time once they scored the second the game was over, looking at the bench young kids just starting they're career, being expected to come on and change a game is beyond a joke.

For the Young players it was good experience, where are the game changers that our big budget allows?, if we had covered the positions that needed strengthening instead of cheapskating, we would have had those options.
Our club is a small club that used to be ambitious, i don't expect thirty odd professionals, just some good options to change things, it's either a weakness of the manager not making it plain what's needed, or the board just don't want to give him the funds.
Whatever it is, it's Paul's professional reputation that is being harmed, and ultimately our chances of doing well.
Nothing would have changed for me anyway, win, lose or draw, but i was hoping we might get through, in the end lack of options, facing greater quality players when they're better players came on in extra time cost us the game, and a good draw in the next round.
As always we miss out again on extra revenue and a great game to watch.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 25, 2015, 11:13:39 pm by pib »
Who spends this much time on a football forum when on holiday?  :ohmy:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 25, 2015, 11:16:53 pm by dickos1 »
Might seem longer but it's only been about 45 mins petal.
Not that it has anything remotely to do with you like

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 25, 2015, 11:19:29 pm by tommy toes »
Rovers  played well tonight until they equalised. We had good chances to make it 2-0, one just seconds before they scored.
So no complaints, but with all these injuries we're going to struggle to be competetive on Saturday.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012