Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:08:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Get him out now  (Read 19057 times)

Al4475

• VSC Member
Re: Get him out now
« Reply #60 on August 25, 2015, 11:22:28 pm by Al4475 »
4-1 in ET may have flattered them a bit but if we'd not had the BFG in our sticks we coulda lost 3-1 in normal time anyhow! Did gerken actually have to save anything in their goal? I don't recall anything particularly eye-catching!

At this moment in time the BFG is gonna run away with the end of season p.o.t.y trophies!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on August 25, 2015, 11:24:45 pm by Yorkiered »
Retdon1
I assume by that your saying that 90% won't turn up Saturday then? Emotions run high, but just think about last comment.

Just because 90% want him sacked doesn't mean they won't turn up, I didn't go tonight because I wasn't going to waste £15 on a ticket  after wasting nearly £100 at vale on Saturday. I'll be their Saturday because I've got a season ticket but won't be spending another penny Intill he's sacked.

Where have you got 90% want him sacked from? A poll on here where less than 150 people voted is hardly an accurate statistic.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on August 25, 2015, 11:46:27 pm by grayx »
Retdon1
I assume by that your saying that 90% won't turn up Saturday then? Emotions run high, but just think about last comment.

Just because 90% want him sacked doesn't mean they won't turn up, I didn't go tonight because I wasn't going to waste £15 on a ticket  after wasting nearly £100 at vale on Saturday. I'll be their Saturday because I've got a season ticket but won't be spending another penny Intill he's sacked.

Where have you got 90% want him sacked from? A poll on here where less than 150 people voted is hardly an accurate statistic.

I agree.. surely its more than 90%

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on August 25, 2015, 11:46:54 pm by Lesonthewest »
Tonight we competed better, created a few chances & scored a goal, so in that respect there was improvement. The football, or lack of it, was still more of the same of lumping it forward hoping someone can get on the end of it, awful to watch.

Ipswich however, played some good football, even with a weakened 11, & it exposed how far we have fallen behind that level. We are at a crossroads now, the squad is threadbare & it's beyond laughable, so decisions must surely have to be made regarding loan players or we may find ourselves in a relegation fight, even this early in the season. Can't believe I'm thinking that after the optimism of pre-season. Could be a very interesting week or so.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on August 26, 2015, 12:10:58 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Alan
It reminds me of watching us when we dropped into the Conference.

Of all the daft things said in the last few weeks, this one takes the daft biscuit.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on August 26, 2015, 06:57:07 am by Alan Southstand »
I don't win many awards Billy, thanks for that. Now get your head out the sand and get in the real world. If SOD had been here, you would be going mental. Opinions eh? Who wants 'em?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on August 26, 2015, 08:03:45 am by dickos1 »
It's Not an opinion it's a vendetta

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on August 26, 2015, 08:08:37 am by Cramby10 »
If that's what you say it is then that's what it must be. If so, there's an awful lot of us with a 'vendetta'! And I'm sure none of us apologise for it either. We've had enough.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on August 26, 2015, 08:11:21 am by mushRTID »
Vendetta 😂😂

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on August 26, 2015, 08:12:01 am by dickos1 »
Not necessarily you can want him out and be unhappy, but then when we play well the people with the vendetta ignore that fact and make up that we were rubbish.
The people with the opinion they don't like him can still say when we do well.
That's the difference

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on August 26, 2015, 09:08:33 am by steve@dcfd »
Not necessarily you can want him out and be unhappy, but then when we play well the people with the vendetta ignore that fact and make up that we were rubbish.
That's the difference

We did not play well last night we were slightly better than against Southend because we moved the ball quicker.
Williams and Stuckmann were good the others ranged from poor to below average.
The four midfield players were poor and were overpowered by Ipswichs young players. These four proved again they cannot play in a four.
We have a second rate fullback trying to play left wing. Richie is showing his age and  Chaplow is not the player I thought he was yet, Copps could not get past on a regular basis an 18 year old fullback.

The defence did ok apart from they could not control their left winger again a 20 year old player. McCullough got injured and forced Dickovs hand to put Lund there he was better, I still not sure he is the answer?

If Stuckmann had not pulled off some fine saves it would not have gone to extra time. If we are all honest without his saves we would have 0 points in the league and no progression inn the cup.

So  I have no faith that PD can get the best out of the players we have and even less of developing our young professionals.
Last night when all the first team were warming with the coach they were left to their own devices in the middle of the pitch.
When I went for walk on Monday past the training ground the ten outfield players who started last night were with PD and Butler, while the young professionals were kicking balls about with the youth team no involvement what so ever.

It's down to the owners now to make decisions we need players fast I believe at least four.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 26, 2015, 09:20:01 am by knockers »
Surely a goalkeeper is in the team to make saves. You could have said if Butler had not headed the ball we would have no points.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on August 26, 2015, 09:23:49 am by IDM »
Did Stuckmann save us from a heavy defeat at Wigan, or did their keeper and defenders stop us from winning?

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on August 26, 2015, 09:28:13 am by Al4475 »
As a keeper myself, yes I am there to make the saves when the oppos have done a great job at getting past my defenders and outfield players! I amnot there to cover up defensive frailties I am there to aid my defenders when they've done their jobs and just come up short!

The amount of great saves stuckman has had to make so far this season smacks of outfield players not doing their job eve adequately for a lot of the time! That comes from poor work on the training ground I'm afraid and that is down to a manager and his coaches to get it right in front of thorsten!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on August 26, 2015, 09:47:47 am by The Red Baron »
Steve- interesting what you say about the youngsters. When I went to see Rovers training Dickov seemed very keen to have them integrated with the first team. Middleton and Peterson, to name two, took a full part in the session as did Lewis Ferguson, who was still a youth teamer then.

It was one of the things that made me think he wasn't doing a bad job.

Of course they might have been working on a specific drill to deal with Ipswich, though you'd think those on the bench would also be involved. As we saw with Lund, who ended up playing most of the game.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on August 26, 2015, 10:13:28 am by phil old leake »
I'm not saying that PD is the best in the world.  If that had been a league game and we had played like that and drawn after 90 minutes I would guess most people would be happy
The ones that annoy me are the 2 faced tools who are never happy.  Winning 1 nil "Dickov  Dickov give us a wave ". Things don't go as planned Dickov you're a Wxxxer.  Grow up either s up port the club or Fxxx off to Another club. 

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on August 26, 2015, 10:17:14 am by dickos1 »
That's the difference

We did not play well last night we were slightly better than against Southend because we moved the ball quicker.
Williams and Stuckmann were good the others ranged from poor to below average.
The four midfield players were poor and were overpowered by Ipswichs young players. These four proved again they cannot play in a four.
We have a second rate fullback trying to play left wing. Richie is showing his age and  Chaplow is not the player I thought he was yet, Copps could not get past on a regular basis an 18 year old fullback.

The defence did ok apart from they could not control their left winger again a 20 year old player. McCullough got injured and forced Dickovs hand to put Lund there he was better, I still not sure he is the answer?

If Stuckmann had not pulled off some fine saves it would not have gone to extra time. If we are all honest without his saves we would have 0 points in the league and no progression inn the cup.

So  I have no faith that PD can get the best out of the players we have and even less of developing our young professionals.
Last night when all the first team were warming with the coach they were left to their own devices in the middle of the pitch.
When I went for walk on Monday past the training ground the ten outfield players who started last night were with PD and Butler, while the young professionals were kicking balls about with the youth team no involvement what so ever.

It's down to the owners now to make decisions we need players fast I believe at least four.

I dont believe for a second we were only slightly better than Southend.
Ipswich are top of the league above with probably the best attack in that league. And we drew with them and had chances to win

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on August 26, 2015, 11:27:46 am by wing commander »
   I'm finally in the confirmed Sack him camp...Not based on performances so far this season (as woeful as they are) more to do with Dickov weeing up our back...First we needed 8 players and that was before we lost Bennett and Wakefield so not beyond assumption that should be 10...We got 6 of varying levels...That left the squad threadbare before we even kicked off..And that's including Jones who everyone thought was finished last year and is already out with the same injury AGAIN....It also doesn't include a right back at all with any basic experience and a crop of youngsters who in my opinion are not as special as he makes out...Then he said we don't need loans as they disrupt team spirit..A week later we needs loans...Add it all together and I finally have to accept that the blokes a liability...He simply has to go....

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on August 26, 2015, 03:13:24 pm by drfchound »
It was hardly their strongest team...

Not far from it:

4 Ipswich players in their starting 11 tonight who have been in the last two games for them - Gerken, Smith, McGoldrick and Pitman.

Emannuel played as sub, and Coke, Tabb and Toure have been on the bench.

Their bench tonight contains Crowe, Maitland-Niles, Fraser, Sears who all played in their last two games.

I was also a long way from being our best side out there too.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on August 26, 2015, 03:17:32 pm by drfchound »
Ridiculous to state drawing with the team top of the championship is the final straw.
Losing at port vale maybe, but not tonight.

I thought we lost 4-1, or doesn't extra time count in your world?

You have got to laugh sometimes.
I read somewhere on a forum that we couldn't even beat a ten man Leeds and needed penalties to get through.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on August 26, 2015, 03:19:05 pm by dickos1 »
Grayx must not take part in Bentley bullets prediction game. Cause I put draw for last night and won.
Funny that

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on August 26, 2015, 03:22:08 pm by drfchound »
For the 90 minutes during the game tonight there was not a word said about Dickov. After their third goal went in there was a few 'unsavoury' chants let's say but by that time there was hardly anyone left in the ground so I am not sure anyone really heard.

I heard it Copps, a few knobs chanting at our own manager "You're getting sacked in the morning" during what remained of the game.
That is really pathetic.
It is usually the opposition fans who lower themselves to stuff like that.
Some Black bankers (no pun intended) went down in my estimation after that.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on August 26, 2015, 03:26:40 pm by drfchound »
Alan
It reminds me of watching us when we dropped into the Conference.

Of all the daft things said in the last few weeks, this one takes the daft biscuit.

BST - i saw one the other day that was equally as award worthy when someone said that our Conference promotion team was better than our current team.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on August 26, 2015, 03:50:11 pm by steve@dcfd »
It would run them close definitely in some positions.

GK   1   Andy Warrington
DF   2   Simon Marples
DF   3   Tim Ryan
DF   4   Dave Morley
DF   23   Steve Foster
MF   11   Jamie Paterson      Substituted off 84'
MF   19   Ricky Ravenhill   Booked
MF   20   Paul Green
MF   7   Francis Tierney
FW   9   Paul Barnes (c)
MF   16   Tristram Whitman      Substituted off 83'
Substitutes:
GK   13   Stuart Nelson
DF   6   Mark Albrighton
MF   30   Jason Blunt      Substituted in 84'
MF   5   John Doolan
FW   26   Gregg Blundell

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on August 26, 2015, 03:56:00 pm by drfchound »
maybe run close on three or four positions.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on August 26, 2015, 04:00:30 pm by dickos1 »
i don't think any of them get in our team now. Green a few years later would but not as he was then

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on August 26, 2015, 04:02:13 pm by drfchound »
Agreed, i did say they might run close, not get in the team.

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on August 26, 2015, 04:15:52 pm by del boy »
Marples would be a cert as we don't have a right back

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on August 26, 2015, 04:42:40 pm by dickos1 »
Marples was the only one that would be close but he didn't play at a decent level with us really.
McCullough and Lund would look shit hot in the conference too

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on August 26, 2015, 06:07:49 pm by The Red Baron »
Regardless of the technical differences between the individuals, you could guarantee that the 2002-03 team would give you everything. Can you say that about the present side?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012