Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 12:36:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Right we have had  (Read 5456 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Right we have had
« on August 26, 2015, 01:01:58 am by Sammy Chung was King »
A few games to look at the players Paul has recruited, and whether we want him out or not, what are the general opinions on the players signed so far?.
Are they as good as we thought in pre season?, or before judging on performances at other clubs?, if not who do you think upto now, not writing anybody off at this stage, has performed to what you expected?.
Who have been the relative success stories, and who so far have been the flops?. And if these player who you see as flops aren't going to make it in your opinion, which are the positions that need strengthening?.

For me even with everybody fit, we need another six players, Keegan needs either a back up or a replacement, Centre back we need pace in there, a right back, a good old fashioned left winger who can cross a ball.
Another striker who does his work close into goal, and an attacking central midfielder, who threatens the opposition defence, Syers only better we need, it would also keep Harry on his toes for his place.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Right we have had
« Reply #1 on August 26, 2015, 08:11:19 am by steve@dcfd »
The players we brought in looked good on paper but apart from Stuckmann and Williams they have been disappointing.

Supporters complain about Richie and he as not been good but Chaplow is no better and last night was below average.

ATS is better than Evina but that's not hard.

MacKenzie and N'guessen seem hard to judge injured to much.

They are all appear to better than the players they have replaced but only slightly.

We now need
another centre half, with Rob Jones neck problem reoccurring.
A right back have all season.
A central midfield player box to box and can replace Keegan.
A left sided midfield player need this all season.
A striker who can linkup with Williams

I know some will say this will not happen but it's what we need.

So it's up to the owners allow the manager to sign the players the whispers are we have the money so use it and improve our position.

Let's not forget without Stuckmann we would have been bottom of the league with no points.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 26, 2015, 08:14:45 am by dickos1 »
He didn't keep us in the game at Wigan, we only drew because we missed a lot of chances

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 26, 2015, 08:16:37 am by IDM »
The season starting squad, all fit, would have been OK apart from the RB position.  I have no problem with the new players, plus it looks like Main is improving too.

As for the latest round of injuries that is different.  we now urgently need a defender or two, and an attacking midfielder/winger, plus maybe a Keegan type.

An absolute minimum of two players, if not 3 or 4.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 26, 2015, 08:30:53 am by grayx »
Only the keeper and williams look to be good signings so far.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 26, 2015, 08:40:32 am by Al4475 »
I think Chaplow looks pretty good too - lacking a bit of match sharpness. Sinclair seems to be struggling to adapt to the way we play...

...but tbf the whole team looks to be struggling to adapt to any way of playing - probably because no one seems to know what way they're supposed to be playing!

I haven't seen MacKenzie or N'Guessan yet (bar his 20 mins against Wolves) so can't comment really.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 08:50:55 am by Al4475 »

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 26, 2015, 08:47:00 am by DonnyNoel »
I think they are all an improvement on their replacements, some more so than others of course. Williams looks classy and I don't think I've seen a keeper save as many "certain goals" as the BFG. We won't see the best of Chaplow until he's fit and in a settled midfield but he's 30 and has played his career at a higher level than we're at now so I'm going to remain optimistic re his signing. ATS showed up great in pre season and has looked good so far, genuinely don't understand the cooling off of enthusiasm for him on here.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 26, 2015, 09:31:36 am by Askern_reds »
the problems not with  the new players it's the old, rob Jones play too miss a few last half a game what f**king good is that, mc out of possition give him the doubt wellens copps past there best, PD got to take blame for them 3 it's a joke if we do change PD what good will it if the owners make him stick with what we already av, for me it's going to be hard to avoid relegation if things don't change

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 26, 2015, 09:39:47 am by The Red Baron »
There's always a chance that another manager might get more out of the players we've got. I doubt we can make wholesale changes but the last few weeks have shown that we need additional players. Whether these are loans or free agents remains to be seen.

I do agree that this season already has the look of a relegation battle about it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 26, 2015, 11:11:03 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I do agree that this season already has the look of a relegation battle about it.

And TRB's meme gets it's annual airing...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 26, 2015, 11:17:35 am by The Red Baron »
A look back at our form since February suggests we could be in a relegation battle, BST. I thought this season had promise, especially with the signings we made, but you need quantity as well as quality and we don't have that.

Still, I suppose this relegation battle won't sneak up on us like the last one did.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 26, 2015, 01:29:48 pm by ravenrover »
He didn't keep us in the game at Wigan, we only drew because we missed a lot of chances
You keep saying this, but then you say you weren't at the game! I'm sure he will have made a save at some point.
Before you ask I wasn't at the Wigan game either

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 26, 2015, 01:34:05 pm by Copps is Magic »
The jury is out on Chaplow for me. I've really struggled to figure out what type of player he is in the games I've seen so far.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 26, 2015, 01:42:39 pm by dickos1 »
You keep saying this, but then you say you weren't at the game! I'm sure he will have made a save at some point.
Before you ask I wasn't at the Wigan game either

I'm sure he made a save too, but people keep saying if it wasn't for him we'd have 0 points. But we missed a host of chances against Wigan so it can also be said if we'd scored from these chances we'd have 5 points now.
We didn't I know, but in the same respect our goalie made the saves so that's also irrelevant

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 26, 2015, 03:37:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
TRB

There haven't been many seasons where you haven't expected a relegation battle at this stage of the season. At a guess, I'd say you've come out with this line 8 times in the past decade.

Of course, you will be right on some occasions...

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 26, 2015, 08:58:15 pm by les@donr »
We have a bunch of quality players rather than a team that works for each and has an effective game plan, over to you Mr Dickov.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 26, 2015, 10:08:12 pm by Askern_reds »
The season starting squad, all fit, would have been OK apart from the RB position.  I have no problem with the new players, plus it looks like Main is improving too.

As for the latest round of injuries that is different.  we now urgently need a defender or two, and an attacking midfielder/winger, plus maybe a Keegan type.

An absolute minimum of two players, if not 3 or 4.
exactly were are they we all no it, so is no one at the club takeing note? is it the owners is it PD is it both???? either way they don't deserve  the Doncaster public to cough up there hard earned cash to go and wach such trash, it's going to be sooner and not later when the fans just stop supporting the club, and if you don't think they won't take a look at the gates through the 70s and there was a lot more money in the town then, so don't just rubish PD next owners meating tell them to put figures on the table back up what there gobs keep splurting out, come on come clean tell the truth, personaly think there's a lot of lying going on

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 26, 2015, 11:38:27 pm by IDM »
I don't think anyone is lying, we just had bad luck, which needs sorting out with loans.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 27, 2015, 01:47:55 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Get the young kid in from Leicester, the young striker, that Bulls..t Flitcroft is after for Bury, he would be a good loan signing, and looks far better than any of our young players.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 27, 2015, 02:01:02 am by les@donr »
Sammy, Joe Dodoo. Seems as if Flitcroft is trying to sign anything that moves. Where is Bury finding all the money for the signings they've made? They aren't a well supported club, and I didn't think it was that wealthy????????????????????????

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 27, 2015, 02:06:20 am by hoolahoop »
We are not far away from having a good side, I do concede that the squad itself is at least 3/4 players down on a workable squad.
Please everyone calm down , we will
 not be anywhere near a relegation side . Patience is the key here not blind panic and that goes for both on and off the pitch as both feed off the other.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 27, 2015, 02:13:48 am by les@donr »
We are not far away from having a good side, I do concede that the squad itself is at least 3/4 players down on a workable squad.
Please everyone calm down , we will
 not be anywhere near a relegation side . Patience is the key here not blind panic and that goes for both on and off the pitch as both feed off the other.

I applaud your optimism however we have a manager who seems on current record manage a winning team. He might have the best players in the world, and he has signed some good ones, he doesn't know how to play them as a team and to their best abilities. That is why many including myself the time for change in our manager is fast approaching. I'm sure the amount of investment the Board has put into the first team will want to settle for another season of mediocrity.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 27, 2015, 02:15:55 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Sammy, Joe Dodoo. Seems as if Flitcroft is trying to sign anything that moves. Where is Bury finding all the money for the signings they've made? They aren't a well supported club, and I didn't think it was that wealthy????????????????????????

He gets on my nerves just when he opens his gob, all that comes out is rubbish, similar to me in a lot of ways, he's a bit taller though!.
No idea on the FFP, i seem to remember reading that they are thinking of doing away with it somewhere, like you say they're crowds are not big, so i don't know how they are doing it, unless they're squad is made up of three or four on big wages, the rest on loose change, a lot of squads in our league will be like that.

That goal where he flicked it over the defender and volleyed it in, is youth at it's best, no negative thoughts, just pure instinct and ability.
He is only a kid but if anybody gets him on loan, he will bring crowds in, because that wasn't bog standard ability, the goals he scored showed something that is in short supply, good technique, ice cool nerves, finding space in a crowded area, and beautiful finishes, top class in all those areas, i would love him here.
If he carries on like that ''The World could be his lobster''!.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012