Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 12:22:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Huge result  (Read 13844 times)

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
Huge result
« on August 29, 2015, 05:09:16 pm by CrippyCooke »
Not only is this our first league win of the season, but we are now just one point behind Barns-elona and their golden generation!

Knobheads.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
Re: Huge result
« Reply #1 on August 29, 2015, 05:18:02 pm by DRFCSouth »
Credit where it's due. Good result considering the opposition, the strength of squad etc, irrespective of my thoughts on Dickov. He got his reaction.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 29, 2015, 05:20:36 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Not only is this our first league win of the season, but we are now just one point behind Barns-elona and their golden generation!

Knobheads.

Barnsley Wongas  (more short term loans than the original loan company)

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 29, 2015, 05:27:33 pm by Askern_reds »

Knobheads.
now then didn't go so I won't comment on the game, one thing I will say no wellens comes a victory

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 29, 2015, 05:36:18 pm by dickos1 »
You weren't there the other day but were able to comment on the game

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 29, 2015, 05:36:39 pm by steve@dcfd »
Credit where it's due. Good result considering the opposition, the strength of squad etc, irrespective of my thoughts on Dickov. He got his reaction.

First half was good with us on the front foot and two good goals.
But why sit back further and further in the second half, made it hard for the team. But a win is a win whoever is the manager.

Even PD agrees.

@drfc_official: PD: We changed things round in the second half, the first half was better #DRFC
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 05:39:12 pm by steve@dcfd »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 29, 2015, 05:39:17 pm by dickos1 »
If a team is 2-0 down and on paper a better team then obviously they will push the other side back.
It doesn't mean that that's our plan

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 29, 2015, 05:42:35 pm by goalkick »
Thought Williams was outstanding,good work rate. Can't see many wins this season unless squad.evina played well but sadly lacking in other areas.be interesting meeting next week.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 29, 2015, 05:43:46 pm by dickos1 »
We've just beat a very good side, how can you surmise we won't win many more?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 29, 2015, 05:45:11 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

They were toothless though. Could and should have scored against us as they had a lot of play. If we're to meet our targets we must be better than struggling to beat Fleetwood at home.

Thought the back 4 were brilliant though today. Midfield not so.

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 29, 2015, 05:50:24 pm by MrWoodySir »
Is every side in this league 'very good'?

Are they as good as the mighty Bury who you were also raving about? Dickos leave the hyperbole to the tabloids, you aren't very good at it.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 29, 2015, 05:58:43 pm by Retdon1 »
As much as I still want dickov out you carnt say they didn't put a shift in for him today it wasn't a vintage performance but still a good win with the team we had out their, hopefully bring a defender midfielder and striker in before the deadline on Tuesday. Idd imagin wellens is up their with out highest earners so with him leaving should free up some funds for another couple of quality additions.

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 29, 2015, 06:02:23 pm by besty »
How did Lund do today guys?

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 29, 2015, 06:05:00 pm by goalkick »
 :rolleyes:
we are not strong enough in depth as a team.sorry I gave an opinion sir. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 29, 2015, 06:13:05 pm by Al4475 »
Great result today - fingers crossed we can step up a gear now! Well done everyone concerned today - credit where credit's due - FAB!

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 29, 2015, 06:19:15 pm by bobbymax »
Battled hard against a pacy winger. Still a bit raw but he'll get there with a bit of coaching and encouragement

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 29, 2015, 06:21:27 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

They were toothless though. Could and should have scored against us as they had a lot of play. If we're to meet our targets we must be better than struggling to beat Fleetwood at home.

Thought the back 4 were brilliant though today. Midfield not so.

Any link there?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 29, 2015, 06:23:55 pm by Copps is Magic »
Good result today. Performance was very average though, they had the majority of territory and possession but didn't do much with it. Good interplay for our second goal betwee Copps, Williams and Main. Good cross and header for the first.

Onwards.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 29, 2015, 06:28:27 pm by RobTheRover »
Battled hard against a pacy winger. Still a bit raw but he'll get there with a bit of coaching and encouragement

And gave blood for the cause after stopping a hooked cross with his face from point blank range.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 29, 2015, 06:30:44 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Good result. Two quality goals. Williams was a top performer today and deserved a goal and if not for an excellent save by their keeper, he would have got it.

Thankfully, Fleetwood were poor in the final third. In the second half you could see we were playing the game out and there were a few good situations wasted. Chaplow could and should have had more of an influence in the second half.

Thought Lund did ok. A couple of mistakes but I'd keep him in. Thought Evina and Main had decent games. Back three of Stuckman, Butler and McKenzie were solid enough.

Now, did anyone else think the public showing of Jones advising Dickov was telling? Anyone from the West Stand must have seen the interaction between the two, and must wonder whether PD has a clue what he's doing. Or, was it meant to look like that?

For me, it's still a matter of time. He's bought a stay of execution today but we're getting nearer to a fresh start.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 29, 2015, 06:36:04 pm by Dare to dream! »
For me, it's still a matter of time. He's bought a stay of execution today but we're getting nearer to a fresh start.

I think we need a fresh start. I don't think Dickov can ever get the all the fans onside unless he gets us promoted and that just isn't going to happen.

Result was good but the performance didn't sound good. The attendance was poor today also.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 29, 2015, 06:42:34 pm by Yorkiered »
Hang on a minute we had 9 shots compared to Fleetwoods 13
HOWEVER we had 7 on target and they had 1
We had the worst referee in the world who didn't have a clue.
We won 2-0.

And still some people are saying we need to get rid of PD.

Yes we might at some point but after we have just beaten a team who have been scoring for fun. Idiots not supporters.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 06:45:18 pm by Yorkiered »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 29, 2015, 06:42:39 pm by dickos1 »
When we scored the 2nd we had had 5 attempts on target. That sounds a dramatic improvement

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 29, 2015, 06:46:12 pm by Copps is Magic »
We were average.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 29, 2015, 06:53:00 pm by Al4475 »
And still some people are saying we need to get rid of PD.

Yep - one swallow doesn't make a summer and all that!
Two (and the start of a third) seasons' worth of crap i'm afraid!

If he stays, pushes on, gets a plan A and B, gets the best out of his players and wins promotion (or at least brushes it on a more sustained level than last season) he'll win me over - thing is, I don't think it's gonna happen!

As much as I want it to!

Sorry

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 29, 2015, 06:53:57 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Good result. Two quality goals. Williams was a top performer today and deserved a goal and if not for an excellent save by their keeper, he would have got it.

Thankfully, Fleetwood were poor in the final third. In the second half you could see we were playing the game out and there were a few good situations wasted. Chaplow could and should have had more of an influence in the second half.

Thought Lund did ok. A couple of mistakes but I'd keep him in. Thought Evina and Main had decent games. Back three of Stuckman, Butler and McKenzie were solid enough.

Now, did anyone else think the public showing of Jones advising Dickov was telling? Anyone from the West Stand must have seen the interaction between the two, and must wonder whether PD has a clue what he's doing. Or, was it meant to look like that?

Baz I thought that was good to see. If a player or fellow coach etc sees something they should point it out. However others I was with thought it was a bit embarrassing for Paul. I didn't though.

Interesting though.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 29, 2015, 07:04:04 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I saw it Baz, must admit I felt a bit for Dickov, maybe just how it felt to me but he seemed to look embarrassed.  Not that I have any fondness for the guy, I've given my view about his management already this week.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 29, 2015, 07:13:14 pm by Lesonthewest »
We were average.

Agreed, distinctly average, well done to the players putting a shift in & registering the first win. The performance however was average first half & below average second half. Big praise for Copps today, my MOTM, seeing that he has played in all the games so far, his fitness was excellent.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 29, 2015, 07:28:40 pm by Bessie Red »

Jonesy was doing the same against Sarfend. Looks to me as if he is the one who has replaced Horton.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 29, 2015, 07:57:36 pm by TheFunk »
So basically all he is doing is what he does on the pitch whilst not on the pitch.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012