Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 06:26:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Richie Wellens  (Read 23896 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Re: Richie Wellens
« Reply #30 on September 09, 2015, 01:17:16 pm by Copps is Magic »
There are hundreds of thousands of kids who would bust a gut to play for this club. Many would no doubt play for free.

Football is a peculiar profession where the workers are paid based on their abilities. It means they can leverage those abilities to demand more money / more convenient jobs. It's player power pure and simple. Even if he was not playing because of PD (most seem to say not) then that is completely wrong.

Richie Wellens is not bigger than this club. If he doesn't want to play he shouldn't.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 09, 2015, 01:19:12 pm by wing commander »
  No way...He's made his bed..Everytime the going gets tough..Wellens try's to get going..!! The guy just has too many issues with too many people these days while producing not a lot of anything on the pitch for far too long...As a club we are now better off without him...If he plays Saturday then fine he will get the same support as anybody else...I just wouldn't risk him to injury when he wants to move in the next couple of weeks....

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 09, 2015, 01:33:55 pm by steve@dcfd »
Richie as not said he does not want to play for the club. There are specific reasons why he wants to be closer to home and we don't know what they are.

His performances this season have not been up to his standard, but the rest of the midfield as been poor as well.

If the team are to improve we need to ensure the midfield improves. That includes everyone's favourite player and a new player who both have shown 10 minute glimpses in games put for the rest have been poor. So if we are to critise Richie on his performances let's do same with other players.

If Richie is selected then he will give more creativity but if all people want is closing down and graft with no end result to assist the strikers then let Rob pick the same midfield players from last Saturday.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on September 09, 2015, 01:40:01 pm by RedArmy »
The problem with Richie is people still want him to be the same as 6 years ago. Hes aged 6 years. He wont be the same. No one is.

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 09, 2015, 01:56:21 pm by PopStander »
He had an argument/fall out with Dickov so wanted to leave.

It's difficult to know if he thought he was bigger/better than the club as he himself didn't come out and say or just didn't want to work for Dickov.

We need to find this out before he plays again in my eyes!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on September 09, 2015, 01:56:55 pm by wing commander »
  I agree RedArmy..The problem is a lot of our fans still think he his or expect him to be again.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on September 09, 2015, 03:20:10 pm by drfchound »
Richie as not said he does not want to play for the club. There are specific reasons why he wants to be closer to home and we don't know what they are.

His performances this season have not been up to his standard, but the rest of the midfield as been poor as well.

If the team are to improve we need to ensure the midfield improves. That includes everyone's favourite player and a new player who both have shown 10 minute glimpses in games put for the rest have been poor. So if we are to critise Richie on his performances let's do same with other players.

If Richie is selected then he will give more creativity but if all people want is closing down and graft with no end result to assist the strikers then let Rob pick the same midfield players from last Saturday.

What a totally sensible post.

bally1950

« Reply #37 on September 09, 2015, 03:38:56 pm by bally1950 »
I wonder how many on this thread did not want Dickov to be sacked..Anyone?

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 09, 2015, 03:54:48 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Not me. I wanted him sacked. 😎😆
To get back to Wellens: no he's not the player he was. If we were to get rid of everyone in the team who is past their best, we wouldn't have much of a team left! ( as I pointed out several weeks ago )

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on September 09, 2015, 05:19:19 pm by acko »
your so right redarmy everyone would like the wellens that was,the same applys to jones the injury baasically finished him as a player but people on here dont accept that,and the laughable thing is some think he will make a good manager     no way

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on September 09, 2015, 05:23:51 pm by dickos1 »
What's is there to suggest he won't make a good manager?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on September 09, 2015, 05:29:16 pm by The Red Baron »
What's is there to suggest he won't make a good manager?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on September 09, 2015, 05:39:14 pm by wing commander »
And the same can be said the opposite "why do people think he will"

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on September 09, 2015, 05:46:22 pm by dickos1 »
Just can't see how it's laughable,
Either way

bally1950

« Reply #44 on September 09, 2015, 06:41:33 pm by bally1950 »
mrfrostsdad.

I agree this thread is about Wellens who I truly dislike. I was either going to address the question of "Is there any going back for him" now that Dickov has gone, if it would have stirred a hornets nest then I would not have asked but as it is open. I personally do not think there is a way back and he should stand by his comments, as on another thread it is nobody.s business, the what and why.

No one will know now but if he is to go, it should be amicable without argument.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on September 09, 2015, 07:27:35 pm by Drover »
Richie for manager! :scarf:   :suicide: :silly:

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on September 09, 2015, 11:04:44 pm by keith79 »
Is he still getting paid?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on September 10, 2015, 01:51:03 pm by Copps is Magic »
Doncaster Rovers FC ‏@drfc_official  2 mins2 minutes ago
RJ: Richie Wellens played on Tuesday in the development side. He's "back in the fold" but needs to prove a positive influence #DRFC

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on September 10, 2015, 01:57:19 pm by drfchound »
I have read on this forum that Wellens attitude may have been brought about because he didnt agree with some of the things that the manager was trying to do.
It went on to say that maybe this is the reason why Dickov got finished.

If that is true then surely Richie will have unwittingly become a hero to many Dickov out men who would surely welcome him back with open arms ??
"One Richie Wellens".
I can already imagine that song on Saturday.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on September 10, 2015, 02:00:32 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Doncaster Rovers FC ‏@drfc_official  2 mins2 minutes ago
RJ: Richie Wellens played on Tuesday in the development side. He's "back in the fold" but needs to prove a positive influence #DRFC

That's a very interesting quote. Doesn't perhaps tally with the close to home remarks.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on September 10, 2015, 02:05:45 pm by steve@dcfd »
It's up to Rob Jones if he is in the squad fo Saturday there is competition in central midfield. So it will be down to who is fit, who is ready play and the formation RJ wants to play.

@paulgoodwinDFP: Richie Wellens handed an olive branch - but must prove to Jones that he's fully committed. #drfc

Us Supporters will have our own views but like last week it's down to the manager to select the starting eleven plus subs.

The remarks  were made we won't or shouldn't know the full truth.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 02:10:01 pm by steve@dcfd »

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on September 10, 2015, 04:25:27 pm by wing commander »
    Yes interesting that...If it was just about him wanting to be closer to home why would he need a olive branch?? Adds fuel to the fire that he has had much bigger issues than what we have been told...A lot of people including me have alluded to a lot bigger problems regarding Wellens...again mainly down to what weve been told from people who claim to know but I'm surprised at that comment regarding commitment certainly a deviation from the line the club has been toying so far ;-)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on September 10, 2015, 05:16:35 pm by PDX_Rover »
Rob Jones handling it very well. Wellens needs to prove he wants it.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on September 10, 2015, 05:48:24 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Listening to the interview it certainly sounds like all of a sudden wellens is back.  Very strange. If it is about who the manager is it would disappoint me.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on September 10, 2015, 06:04:38 pm by The Red Baron »
History shows that when a manager is at loggerheads with a senior player, it is often the manager who ends up leaving.

Fair or not, that's the way it goes.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on September 10, 2015, 06:40:21 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I don't think Wellensgate was the main issue leading to PDs demise however, it cannot be discounted as a contributor to it.

There's clearly been an issue behind the scenes where RW has not seen eye to eye with the rest of the group (win together, lose together). If he's been isolated then the only way was out. He may not have had a ruck with PD directly, so they needed to manage his exit quickly and without fuss.

The exit door was shut when he couldn't secure a move. Perhaps Jones being a smart lad, has found a way to mediate and make a fresh start.

I'm sure Jones would welcome a Wellens who's prepared to deal with the muck and bullets with the rest of the players.

Just a hunch.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on September 10, 2015, 06:57:02 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Why do people find it so difficult to fathom that a football club would want to avoid airing it's dirty washing to the public.  There were people at the centre of this, whether it was professional differences or personal circumstances behind it the club has a duty and a vested interest in not sharing the detail withe the world.
Just because it's our club and some of us are just nosy f**kers we talk like it's our right to know.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on September 10, 2015, 07:19:03 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Quite right.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on September 10, 2015, 07:41:47 pm by newyankee »
 I don't know Richie Wellens but he comes across as a kid in a man's body. He has, over the years at the Rovers, had a tendency to take his ball home or throw out his dummy if he doesn't get what he wants.  It maybe in this case that what he wanted was for the team to play differently, and if there was a difference between him and PD, it was about the game and not personal feelings.

I get the impression that Corporal Jones is very much stronger and will not let Wellens  have an individual attitude, be part of the team, take the good with the bad or get out. He has told Richie that he has to prove he wants to be here, that's a good start.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on September 10, 2015, 07:58:10 pm by The Red Baron »
Why do people find it so difficult to fathom that a football club would want to avoid airing it's dirty washing to the public.  There were people at the centre of this, whether it was professional differences or personal circumstances behind it the club has a duty and a vested interest in not sharing the detail withe the world.
Just because it's our club and some of us are just nosy f***ers we talk like it's our right to know.

We don't have a right to know everything, that is true. However whatever happens at a football club is likely to be in the public eye. You or I have a row with our boss and it is quite likely that what happens remains between us. A footballer has a row with his boss and it soon becomes known about. And of course very few people will know the full facts.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012