Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 12:18:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Betting  (Read 8634 times)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Re: Betting
« Reply #30 on September 08, 2015, 11:52:26 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
I won't go to the KM ever again if they appoint even one of this lot:

Stuart Pearce 
Paul Jewell
Billy Davies
Nigel Pearson

So there! :)

BobG

did you write Clough's name in invisible ink ??

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 09, 2015, 03:46:22 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Brian McDermott(unlikely he would leave Arsenal), Sean O'Driscoll(wouldn't leave Liverpool), Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink?, maybe, Paul Tisdale maybe done as much as he can at Exeter, done a good job under very tough circumstances, Keith Curle done well since joining Carlisle, Gareth Ainsworth done a fantastic job at Wycombe with limited funds.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on September 09, 2015, 12:48:47 pm by ravenrover »
I may be totally wrong but I don't see us taking a manager from another club

1 Why would they leave their current job to come to us assuming that they are doing well in their current job. Would we want one who isn't

2 Can anyone really see us paying compensation to another club for their manager

3 There are surely good candidates amongst the ranks of unemployed managers to fill our vacancy, people seem to think so with the names that are being mentioned on this forum. Is there a link to a list of unemployed managers? I've looked but can't track anything down, I have to say I've been underwhelmed by many of the names currently being suggested

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on September 09, 2015, 12:55:35 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I may be totally wrong but I don't see us taking a manager from another club

1 Why would they leave their current job to come to us assuming that they are doing well in their current job. Would we want one who isn't

Because they may be successful at a smaller club and see us as the next step on the ladder. If that were the case, I'd love to see Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink here. He has got a small club playing both winning (and by all accounts) entertaining football. He may see Rovers as having more resources and potential than Burton do in the long term.

However, if DRFC are only going to go by whoever applies and not make any approaches themselves, he - and any other potential good 'uns - may slip through the net.

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 09, 2015, 12:57:34 pm by PopStander »
I got £50 on Redfern at 5/2

£175 return  :thumbsup:

Last time I looked he was 1/3

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on September 09, 2015, 01:49:40 pm by Donny Viking »
Just had word from a good source (has family connections) that Redfern is already talking to the club. Seems to fit with the odds being slashed and that the timing with his Leeds settlement is no coincidence. Unfortunately I dint get money on before odds on at the bookies. It's by no account agreed but at advanced stages.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on September 09, 2015, 01:52:51 pm by Dare to dream! »
It was similar with Dickov, he was the heavy favourite right from the beginning. Seems like it's the same they've already picked their man but still going through the selection process.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on September 09, 2015, 02:46:54 pm by DonnyOsmond »
If they're already talking to him what happens if we win Jones games 5-0 every game?

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 09, 2015, 02:47:49 pm by Move DRFC »
Redfearn was available at 5/1 yesterday

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on September 09, 2015, 03:20:34 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Hmm. If Redfearn is appointed due to fan pressure and doesn't set the club alight will the fans blame themselves or the owners..? Answers on a postcard...

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on September 10, 2015, 11:02:50 am by bobjimwilly »
Hmm. If Redfearn is appointed due to fan pressure and doesn't set the club alight will the fans blame themselves or the owners..? Answers on a postcard...

I'm confident fan "pressure" won't be taken into consideration Glyn.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on September 10, 2015, 11:55:31 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Indeed and if it were the owners would be daft for listening to people who don't know all information.

We have to trust that the interview process gets them what they want. The name is irrelevant it's what they say they can bring, versus proof they can do it alongside what we want to achieve.

From an outsider's point of view redferns skills with youngsters are very good which is important for us given our objectives and strategy. But only those interviewing etc will be able to judge what he can do.

Equally I'm pretty sure they'll have an idea of who and what they want in fact almost certain they will.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on September 10, 2015, 01:33:50 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I'm talking about how it will appear to those outside of the process. If Redfearn is appointed it will be seen by many as what the majority of fans were wanting...

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on September 10, 2015, 01:38:42 pm by wing commander »
   Would it be fan pressure?? The free press has published its fan poll results and yes Redfearn came out top but with only 14% of the vote...There is a wide range of candidates getting fan backing it would seem...

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on September 10, 2015, 01:42:41 pm by drfchound »
A bit like a general election then when the winning party gets a small (ish) proportion of the total number of actual votes.
Whoever gets the job will not be the favourite of most fans despite what i have been reading so if the results go wrong early on he will get some type written stick.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012