Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 03:47:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Update - new manager search  (Read 23308 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: Update - new manager search
« Reply #90 on September 23, 2015, 12:40:56 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Look at the quality players Paul had during his time with us, Saunders didn't have a quarter of what he was allowed, and his team was promoted at the end of the season, though he didn't finish the job.
In the championship Tamas, Meite etc, in league one Williams, Taylor-Sinclair, Chaplow etc, Saunders one top player was Cotterill with Coppinger and a few more then the rest triers.

I admired that Paul didn't moan about budgets, he got on with it, but in his whole time here, he never quite managed to consistently get the best from what he had.
In the championship we had a few memorable performances, but on the whole he failed after getting the team into a good position to avoid relegation.
He wasn't sacked he was given another season, again somehow we were in with a chance of the play-offs in a very poor league one, he failed again.

The board gave him another chance, he recruited well, but made do in positions not learning from the previous season, he did well in the cups as he did at Oldham.
But in the league, he had stopped the leaking of goals, but now had one of the best strikers in the league, and managed to turn him into a striker who doesn't get many goals.
The midfield needed strengthening, with younger ambitious players, what does he do?, give Keegan and Wellens contract extensions, instead of starting anew.

If i had been chairman last season, would have been his last chance, now if they get it wrong this time, the repercusions could be felt for the next ten seasons!.

Just purely out of interest, what are your main considerations when deciding whether to refer to a leading Rovers figurehead in first name terms or otherwise? Intrigued as I've spotted recent references to Paul, Rob, John and Saunders!

Whichever comes into my head first Jonathan, why do you ask?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Re: Update - new manager search
« Reply #91 on September 28, 2015, 09:06:54 pm by bobjimwilly »
"Applications for the vacant manager's position have now closed and candidates will be shortlisted."
http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/managerial-update-2716254.aspx

TinyPortal © 2005-2012