Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 08:13:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: York City away  (Read 3431 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
York City away
« on September 21, 2015, 10:18:49 am by silent majority »
York City FC
Bootham Crescent
York

YO30  7AQ

There is NO car /coach parking at the ground, and very limited street parking in close proximity.

Marygate Car Park on Frederic Street YO30 7DT is about 900 yards away.
Bootham Row Car Park YO30 7BP is about 800 yards away.
Union Terrace Car Park on Clarence Street YO31 7ES is about 800 yards away.

Supporters’ coaches can ‘drop off’ ambulant disabled at the ground prior to parking offsite.

York railway station is approx..20mins. walk from the ground.

Programme sellers can be identified by their green vests.
The Supporters’ Bar welcomes visiting supporters.

Visiting supporters enter via turnstiles 14-23 on Grosvenor Road.
Standing spectators should be aware that this is an uncovered terrace inside the ground.
There is a food/drink kiosk in the Away end.

Wheelchair users share the dedicated enclosure with Home supporters. There are only 2 places for visiting wheelchair users and their carers. This enclosure is covered.

Enjoy The Match !

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
Re: York City away
« Reply #1 on September 21, 2015, 08:25:48 pm by StocktonRover »
Has the date for this game been confirmed yet?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 21, 2015, 08:55:46 pm by silent majority »
Yes, Tuesday 6th October.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 22, 2015, 07:16:16 am by StocktonRover »
Thanks Martin - I must have missed that on the OS

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 22, 2015, 08:01:00 am by RobTheRover »
Already checking train times. Looking forward to this one. Love going to York v Rovers games.

ScawsbyMinsterman

« Reply #5 on October 05, 2015, 12:14:23 pm by ScawsbyMinsterman »
York City FC
Bootham Crescent
York

YO30  7AQ

There is NO car /coach parking at the ground, and very limited street parking in close proximity.

Marygate Car Park on Frederic Street YO30 7DT is about 900 yards away.
Bootham Row Car Park YO30 7BP is about 800 yards away.
Union Terrace Car Park on Clarence Street YO31 7ES is about 800 yards away.

Supporters’ coaches can ‘drop off’ ambulant disabled at the ground prior to parking offsite.

York railway station is approx..20mins. walk from the ground.

Programme sellers can be identified by their green vests.
The Supporters’ Bar welcomes visiting supporters.

Visiting supporters enter via turnstiles 14-23 on Grosvenor Road.
Standing spectators should be aware that this is an uncovered terrace inside the ground.
There is a food/drink kiosk in the Away end.

Wheelchair users share the dedicated enclosure with Home supporters. There are only 2 places for visiting wheelchair users and their carers. This enclosure is covered.

Enjoy The Match !

Hi there. York fan born and raised in Scawsby here but now living in the midlands. Had the misfortune of going to Ridgewood School in the late 80's early 90's. Just thought i'd come on and help out the travelling Rovers for tomorrows game. Parking is a bit of a nightmare. The best thing to do which not many away fans know about is to visit our official site and on there you can find a tab for parking. Click on and it it will enable you to print off a parking voucher to park at York Hospital zone z for £2.50 from 6pm I think it is on evening matches. York Hospital is just over the railway footbridge from Bootham Crescent so you are pretty much next to the ground. Just park up in the zone, pay £2.50 at the ticket machine and display both the ticket and the printed off voucher in your car window and bobs yer uncle. On normal league games the car park is usually full about half an hour before kick off but you might be ok tomorrow night with it being a low crowd but just something to bear in mind.

Marygate car park will cost a fair bit, otherwise there are some streets behind the ground but it's pot luck and also in nearby Clifton which you could use and then walk. There is a private car park before you get to the hospital on wigginton road but not sure if it operates for night games. It might do.

I'm sure you lot will bring a few although nowhere near as many as you brought last season for the 1st round of the league cup (jammy buggers!! 90th minute!  :crying:) but I anticipate that at least half the crowd will be Donny fans as our fans have sort of lost the will to live of late and if there are more than a thousand Yorkies then i'll be staggered. I reckon the crowd will be 1300 ish?

Used to pile down the old Belle Vue regularly with school mates for night games in the era of Colin Douglas and the Snodin brothers , ah the memories. Never been to the Keepmoat for a match though, only been for the car boot sale and then Dome.

Anyway I digress.

Hope this helps and may the best team win (and we lose so we can concentrate on the league and not doing a Chesterfield - winning the JPT then going down!  :whistle:).

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 05, 2015, 03:48:19 pm by RedJ »
Can you pay on the gate?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012