Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 11:11:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Neil Redfearn...  (Read 13762 times)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Neil Redfearn...
« Reply #30 on October 01, 2015, 04:53:59 pm by Upton Rover »
Better than Jones
how can you say that about Jones he has been thrown to the Lions at the club he was left with a load of shit
I am saying it quite easy, Jones not ready at this level. END OF

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on October 01, 2015, 04:57:40 pm by dickos1 »
Are you going to judge the next manager on 4 games too

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 01, 2015, 05:09:45 pm by Jonathan »

4 games? Are you kidding? Most people will have made up their minds about our new manager before he reaches one.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 05:13:42 pm by Jonathan »

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 01, 2015, 05:13:52 pm by Yorkiered »
and yet there are quite a number on here who would give RJ the managers job based on 4 games?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 01, 2015, 05:16:25 pm by dickos1 »
They certainly will, just like people were scoffing at the signings of Anderson and horsfield before they'd kicked a ball

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on October 01, 2015, 05:17:49 pm by dickos1 »
and yet there are quite a number on here who would give RJ the managers job based on 4 games?

That's the point, you can't judge either way after 4 games, I'd give him it until the end of the season,

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on October 01, 2015, 06:08:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just for instance, if the board are unable to secure the service of their preferred candidate, I think they would be reasonably confident that Jones can do a job.

Even with RJ's results so far, I think he can improve the team and lift us to at least a safe position.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 01, 2015, 06:12:15 pm by Dare to dream! »
Just for instance, if the board are unable to secure the service of their preferred candidate, I think they would be reasonably confident that Jones can do a job.

Even with RJ's results so far, I think he can improve the team and lift us to at least a safe position.

If that was the case I would be asking why the didn't go get their preferred target as soon as PD was sacked rather than going through the 'interview process'

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on October 01, 2015, 06:18:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'm assuming they may not have known the preferred one then, or now. Just saying Jones is an able back up.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 01, 2015, 06:39:28 pm by wing commander »
Dear dear...ive yet to read anywhere I worthwhile argument why Jones should get the job...he's shown nothing apart from copying Dickovs management style with his "we are heading in the right direction" interviews...made zero impact...I wouldn't have considered him before he took charge and after another 4 games of mostly garbage I haven't seen a single reason why I would now...

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on October 01, 2015, 06:42:57 pm by DearneValleyRover »
  :that:

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on October 01, 2015, 06:57:07 pm by DRFCSouth »
Can't see how Redfearn is a better proposition than Jones, not that I would favour either.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 01, 2015, 07:32:35 pm by glosterred »

4 games? Are you kidding? Most people will have made up their minds about our new manager before he reaches one.

Any new manager who hasn't got 45 points from their first 10 games is always going to get hammered.

COYR

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 01, 2015, 07:35:48 pm by essexrover »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on October 01, 2015, 08:06:36 pm by dickos1 »
We really do have some ridiculous opinions, how on earth can you say jones isn't worthy of the job after 4 games.
If you can't see an improvement from Southend to Swindon then you need help
It's typical of our fans, they don't want someone so they never give them a chance, happens every time

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on October 01, 2015, 08:52:09 pm by ravenrover »
They certainly will, just like people were scoffing at the signings of Anderson and horsfield before they'd kicked a ball
Do we know who is actually finding these lads and making the signings? Is our Scout still with us?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on October 01, 2015, 10:41:00 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Sorry dickos but you would expect to see a vast change in style. Yes we played better against Swindon after they scored but we were no better against the blunts. If RJ wants the job I would expect him to impose his own style not try to improve one that hasn't worked for 18 months. We all see things differently I suppose and it's probably unfair on Rob but the squad needs a huge rocket up its jacksy and that usually requires someone from outside to deliver it.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on October 01, 2015, 11:05:27 pm by Askern_reds »
We really do have some ridiculous opinions, how on earth can you say jones isn't worthy of the job after 4 games.
If you can't see an improvement from Southend to Swindon then you need help
It's typical of our fans, they don't want someone so they never give them a chance, happens every time
it isn't 4 games for me? he's been here a few years knows the players inside out there capeabletis Ect but nothing's changed, get rid

The_Rooky

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on October 01, 2015, 11:33:24 pm by The_Rooky »
Sometimes I make stuff up, sometimes I tell the truth.

Is that true, or have you made it up? 😜

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on October 02, 2015, 06:46:24 am by dickos1 »
I think we have seen a change in style, we should also be talking about  home wins, the performances against swindon and Oldham were much better than the ones against bury and Southend
4 games is a nonsense, just imagine if we'd taken notice of sods first 4 games

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on October 02, 2015, 07:17:50 am by The Red Baron »
I think we have seen a change in style, we should also be talking about  home wins, the performances against swindon and Oldham were much better than the ones against bury and Southend
4 games is a nonsense, just imagine if we'd taken notice of sods first 4 games

4 games would be unfair if Jones was permanent
Manager. But the clue is in his job title - Interim. However I'm sure the board will judge him on what he can offer as a whole, not just on the team's performances in four games.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on October 02, 2015, 09:06:33 am by wing commander »
     Dickos just because people disagree with your opinions doesn't mean they have a agenda about not giving people a chance...So I will let you answer the question..What are the reasons why you think Jones a centre back who has plied his trade hoofing or heading the ball out of defence can manage this team to play football....
     I don't think weve improved anything myself,and you obviously weren't at Bramhall lane else you couldn't justify that comment...This is not a team of crap pro's trying to survive..This is a team on a top end budget who frankly are having to try hard to be as bad as they are.... 

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on October 02, 2015, 09:13:05 am by wing commander »
This is not what I want to be reading from Jones because that's just not good enough....Because if that's there best we are in big big trouble.....

"I’m sending them out in terms of the formation and philosophy.

“Every game so far I’ve felt comfortable with what I’ve sent out.

“The lads are doing their best to carry out what I want, and they’re doing their best to show they are passionate about the football club.”

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on October 02, 2015, 09:16:15 am by dickos1 »
What a manager did or didn't do as a player is totally and utterly irrelevant,

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on October 02, 2015, 09:32:11 am by wing commander »
Okay Dickos I will ask again....You are giving me plenty of comebacks on why I'm wrong but as of yet you haven't given a single reason on why you are making the case that Jones will make a good manager....????

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on October 02, 2015, 09:37:45 am by dickos1 »
I'm not suggesting he will be a good manager, it's impossible to tell after 4 games, 4 games into sods reign and it was atrocious, look what happened further down the line.
I think we look a far more dangerous side at home, we're struggling at the back but look at the players missing from the defence.
He's made two very good signings, we're creating a lot more chances especially at home,
Saying he's no good after 4 games is just daft

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on October 02, 2015, 09:50:10 am by wing commander »
  I wasnt even considering him before his first game..my opinion hasn't changed from the moment Dickov was sacked....The Sheffield Utd game was the most pathetic,passionless and inept performance in a local Derby and was unacceptable,the one thing I thought he might bring was passion and theres been none...This game is about points and basically if we are playing one of the better teams we lose and against the poor teams we might get a draw...Really??? 2 points  out of 12 is as bad if not worse than Dickov...As for the improvement at home,your in the minority who see it that way,most thought it was still pretty dismal...This club needs a new broom to sweep the old guard/sentimental mediocrity out of it and that includes Jones as a player too...Coppinger/Wellens as well....Weve spent to long patching this team around those guys as good as they have been...it's time we started again..every team needs replacing,ask Fergie...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on October 02, 2015, 09:59:42 am by dickos1 »
That's my point, you didn't want him before he started so you're not giving him a chance, the same will happen when the manager is appointed, whoever it is. People won't want him and will never change their mind..
The sheff united game wasn't as bad as scunny away early in sods tenure

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on October 02, 2015, 10:11:27 am by wing commander »
 I will agree with you on that one...Now Scunthorpe that was bad...but I don't see how that's proved your point....Jones wouldn't even be considered for a managers job anywhere else above non league level..He was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time to get the chance and given a 5 game spell to show us and the board that he is capable of turning this team around and 4 games in I have seen absolutely nothing that he is capable of doing that...that's what I'm basing my views on...If we had played,faster,moved the ball around and had the passion to have a real go at poor opposition I might see your point but it's still the same awful football with bad results...Whoever comes in wont change that overnight I accept but this team needs experience to lead it right now and if Jones does get the job (heaven forbid) I can see nothing but a relegation battle all season...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on October 02, 2015, 10:17:33 am by dickos1 »
I do think we've improved at home, we used to struggle to break sides down, for years we've passed sidewards and backwards and never threatening and then got done by sucker punch
The last two home games have been higher tempo created lot more chances and we've been very Unlucky to not win both.
The good play has been sporadic yes but it's definitely been an improvement on the slow tempo we've been used to

TinyPortal © 2005-2012