Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 05:22:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Unacceptable  (Read 8405 times)

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
Unacceptable
« on October 24, 2015, 05:31:13 pm by Yorkiered »
That performance today was shocking. Having left their ground with 15 minutes still left to play I would say that 4-0 totally flattered us. It should and could have been an awful lot more.
If the board of directors thought anything about the fans they would refund everyone who paid money to watch that garbage.
I feel sorry for DF as he did try to change things but God that was dreadful.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Unacceptable
« Reply #1 on October 24, 2015, 07:01:28 pm by Donnywolf »
That performance today was shocking. Having left their ground with 15 minutes still left to play I would say that 4-0 totally flattered us. It should and could have been an awful lot more.
If the board of directors thought anything about the fans they would refund everyone who paid money to watch that garbage.
I feel sorry for DF as he did try to change things but God that was dreadful.

Watch out GazLaz will be after yer !

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 24, 2015, 07:20:52 pm by GazLaz »
Pay your money you take your chance when watching football. When we win and play well should they be able to take more money off us on the way out of the ground?? Get a grip.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 24, 2015, 07:24:29 pm by Yorkiered »
Pay your money you take your chance when watching football. When we win and play well should they be able to take more money off us on the way out of the ground?? Get a grip.

I watched one team play football today.
If I go into a restaurant and get a good meal that's what I paid for.
If it was shite, I would complain and wouldn't expect to pay for it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 24, 2015, 07:27:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You really don't get this football lark do you Yorkie?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 24, 2015, 07:32:05 pm by PDX_Rover »
Chortle.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 24, 2015, 07:32:33 pm by Yorkiered »

Maybe I should do like you and stay at home and follow my club. At least I pay to support my team.
Maybe if I didn't have to watch some of the shite that I have I could be as comfortable as you with our performances.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 24, 2015, 07:34:38 pm by The Red Baron »

That's right. You can't compare football teams with restaurant, shops, the cinema etc.

If Rovers were a restaurant, I'd have stopped eating there in about 1970!

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 24, 2015, 07:43:24 pm by Yorkiered »
OK so nobody should complain about the garbage we are served up? We should come on here and say how wonderful everything is.
Not much point having a forum really is there?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 24, 2015, 07:44:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yorkie

You really don't get this complaining lark do you?

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 24, 2015, 08:22:56 pm by tommy toes »
For those that didn't go I echo what Yorkie says. They were a complete and utter shambles. It could easily have been 10-0 and I'm not joking.
worst performance I've seen since Weaver's days.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 24, 2015, 08:31:25 pm by grayx »
For those that didn't go I echo what Yorkie says. They were a complete and utter shambles. It could easily have been 10-0 and I'm not joking.
worst performance I've seen since Weaver's days.

'kin hell... good job they had key players injured.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 24, 2015, 08:33:29 pm by Yorkiered »
Peterboro had 26 shots today. Says it all really.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 24, 2015, 08:45:11 pm by lee.j09 »

Your lost on here mate majority on here don't go home games never mind away!

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 24, 2015, 08:47:29 pm by Yorkiered »

Your lost on here mate majority on here don't go home games never mind away!

Yes I know. Sometimes obvious as well isn't it?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 24, 2015, 08:48:26 pm by normal rules »
Rovers were clearly on the receiving end of a team today that in most part have been assembled by df and are still playing a style of football instilled by him.
It's going to take a while to get to that stage at rovers I'm afraid.
Some players need to go, starting with some who have got far too comfortable and been with the club too long.
Some tough decisions ahead.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 24, 2015, 09:03:57 pm by tommy toes »
Apart from Stuckman and Lund (First half) and Forrester (late cameo) the rest ought to be ashamed
Butler was terrible.McCulloch awful.
Copps and Wellens dire.
Cameron Stewart appalling.
Rest of em just bad except Chaplow who was taken off at half time to save himself from more embarrassment.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 24, 2015, 09:38:28 pm by dickos1 »
Worst performance since weaver days is a ridiculous statement and one that is thrown about far too regularly
Makes the arguement invalid

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 24, 2015, 10:17:46 pm by tommy toes »
Bet you weren't there Dickos. Believe me it WAS that bad.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 25, 2015, 12:27:28 am by dickos1 »
I'm on holiday so I wasn't there no but I've been to many shocking performances, scunny under sod, Barnsley when they only had 10 men, mk dons when we won the title, Stevenage at home,
That's without mentioning the things I witnessed in that first season in the conference losing at home to leek for one, losing a league 1 game isn't in the same league as losing at home to leek town

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 25, 2015, 07:19:43 am by tommy toes »
Well at least against Leek, Stalybridge, Frickley etc we were competetive despite losing.
Yesterday reminded me of so many 1997/98 games when we were completely overrun. Peterborough cut through us at will and when they weren't doing that we just gave them the ball instead.
It was shockingly bad.
I think Ferguson must have got giddy with the win at Shrewsbury.
His high line didn't work due to our slow and ponderous defence. So he needs a rethink on that until he gets some decent players in.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 25, 2015, 07:37:25 am by Al4475 »
I agree it was awful - and to a man they were not at the races! Fergie has a big job on his hands - we didn't press when we didn't have the ball leaving their little number 10 (what a player he was) to completely run the show.

We also backed off in defence and with no midfielders tracking back the gaps between our units of players were horrendous giving them all the time they needed to get a shot off!

Experienced pros made basic basic errors - mis-controlling, blind passes and hoofs long to no-one.

People will say, "You can't blame individual errors on a manager."

Yes you bloody well can - basic control, simple passes and productive longer balls are the basics that should've been worked on over the last two years every single day in training!

As should simple basics like shooting on sight, pressing without the ball and defending simple set-pieces properly!

We were awful yesterday and looked like a set of players who have been functioning for two years with no clue about what they are trying to achieve or how to achieve it (or who have come into a set of players without a clue of what to do).

We looked like a collection of players who'd spent two years or (arrived into) as a squad doing exactly what they want!

We looked like a collection of players who have had an easy ride for too long!

We looked like a fair few players know they're gonna play regardless!

Initially we looked like players who felt - "we're alright we won on Tuesday - this'll be easy!"

Not one player looked like they gave a damn yesterday about their own inadequate performance or how shite they looked in front of a new gaffer - let alone how sad it was to be there from our perspective watching utter garbage!

It's time this all changed!

Fergie you have a helluva job on your hands!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 25, 2015, 07:44:48 am by dickos1 »
Well at least against Leek, Stalybridge, Frickley etc we were competetive despite losing.
Yesterday reminded me of so many 1997/98 games when we were completely overrun. Peterborough cut through us at will and when they weren't doing that we just gave them the ball instead.
It was shockingly bad.
I think Ferguson must have got giddy with the win at Shrewsbury.
His high line didn't work due to our slow and ponderous defence. So he needs a rethink on that until he gets some decent players in.

There's many times we've been battered even when we had a good side, Colchester away, Bournemouth away, Yeovil and Swansea at home,
It's just nonsense to compare anything now to under weaver,

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 25, 2015, 07:48:38 am by dickos1 »
As a professional footballer it's not the managers fault if a player can't carry out basic passes or basic control,
They train everyday and have done for many years, all parts of training involve basic passing and control,
Those things should be a given from any pro footballer

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 25, 2015, 07:56:54 am by tommy toes »
You weren't there Dickos.
Several times Peterborough simply knocked the ball over or past our defence and their quicker forwards ran past Butler or McCulloch and were through on goal.
Thank God that for the most part they missed their chances or Stuckman saved or it would have been a cricket score, far worse than the games you mention.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 25, 2015, 08:24:37 am by GazLaz »
When defences are over run its not always the defences fault.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 25, 2015, 08:26:33 am by Yorkiered »
And now Gazlaz is inventing his own Chinese proverbs  ;)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 25, 2015, 08:33:39 am by GazLaz »
You defend as a team that's all. If the midfield don't engage it gives opposition midfielders an easy job being creative. If you are playing a high line pressure on the ball is essential. Defenders can't hold a line if there is no pressure on the ball, they have to drop off. Sounds like they did the opposite today. You know all these fundamental basics of football though Yorkie I'm sure.

The team are obviously trying to put new tactics/styles into action and it's a learning curve. Takes hours on the training ground to get things right and sometimes looks abysmal in the mean time. Patience.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 25, 2015, 08:43:30 am by Yorkiered »
You defend as a team that's all. If the midfield don't engage it gives opposition midfielders an easy job being creative. If you are playing a high line pressure on the ball is essential. Defenders can't hold a line if there is no pressure on the ball, they have to drop off. Sounds like they did the opposite today. You know all these fundamental basics of football though Yorkie I'm sure.

The team are obviously trying to put new tactics/styles into action and it's a learning curve. Takes hours on the training ground to get things right and sometimes looks abysmal in the mean time. Patience.

One of the basics I do know is you pass to a player in the same kit as you are wearing!!!!
That appears to be a big problem to some of our players.
 As for trying things on the training pitch. How about we practice defending corners.
There cannot be a team in the football league that concedes more goals from corners than us.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 25, 2015, 08:48:43 am by GazLaz »
Players make simple mistakes when their head is not clear, there heads are often not clear when they are trying to take in new systems/tactics/job roles.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012