Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 03:24:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Directors  (Read 22292 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Directors
« Reply #90 on October 25, 2015, 10:20:25 pm by Chris Black come back »
Also interesting reading from last set of accounts (which covered our last season in Championship) that show exactly where the money comes from in the Championship.

You basically get bugger all extra TV money when you are in the Championship, compared to League One - 180k vs 55k. Commercial income remains pretty much the same.

The big gains are from a far bigger Premier League 'solidarity' payment/guilt money at 2.3m vs 300k and bigger share of Football League money at 1.7m vs 650k. That is basically 3m quid for promotion to Championship. Not bad for club our size.

Most interesting is that our wage costs (which will be 90% plus playing staff) remained about same 6.6m in Championship from 6.3m in League One. That squad that Saunders had for 6.3m looks a bit pricey though given threadbare nature but probably some hangover from getting rid of 'experiment' costs.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:23:28 pm by Chris Black come back »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on October 25, 2015, 10:31:49 pm by GazLaz »
Probably twice our current budget but it got us straight back up.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on October 26, 2015, 05:20:12 pm by PDX_Rover »
Pure guess that Gaz. Pure guess. FACT.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on October 26, 2015, 05:46:12 pm by GazLaz »
Pure guess that Gaz. Pure guess. FACT.

It's not pure guess at all.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on October 26, 2015, 06:48:53 pm by bedale rover »
Probably twice our current budget but it got us straight back up.

I think the word "probably" gave the game away Gaz

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on October 27, 2015, 09:40:23 am by bobjimwilly »
If only we could be like Bolton.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on October 27, 2015, 09:52:31 am by no eyed deer »
Or Yeovil

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on October 27, 2015, 02:24:59 pm by streatham dave »
Only read the first 1 1/2 pages of fans arguing among themselves so apologies if I've missed this. The reason we are having problems in defense isn't just down to how much money we had to sign defenders. Other issues- *Being able to spot a player. Plenty of players are out there in lower divisions/Scotland/ Other parts of Europe/ without a contract who are as good if not better than what we have got and are the same wages/less wages. As much as I don't want him back O'Driscoll could spot a player, hungry and on the up. . Dickov seemed to  sign 'proven' from elsewhere*Coaching- Under both O'Driscoll and Flynn I don't think we'd have been conceding so many sloppy goals particularly from set play as we seemed to mark up better. *Not having proper cover at full back and not having decent pace in these areas with the possible exception of ATS is also a (inexcusable) factor to be taken into consideration. Attack is sometimes the best form of defense and our frailties would not be shown up so badly with the likes of O'Conner or Dumbuya in the team. Dumbuya is now playing for Partick Thistle so it's not all about money, it's about how it is used. We were awful vs Posh, but only time will tell if Fergie can turn things around. In my opinion we might but only because this is a poor league. We will need a major rebuild in the close season come what may.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on October 27, 2015, 02:51:41 pm by roversdude »
Dumbuya was pants at defending and anything he offered going forward was negated by this in my opinion
I agree that we are shall we say slightly inept at defending this season (and under PD) however SOD did sign some donkeys

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on October 27, 2015, 02:56:10 pm by Filo »
Dumbuya was pants at defending and anything he offered going forward was negated by this in my opinion
I agree that we are shall we say slightly inept at defending this season (and under PD) however SOD did sign some donkeys

Denis Souza!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on October 27, 2015, 03:16:52 pm by RedJ »
f**king hell how that man made a career in professional football is beyond me.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on October 27, 2015, 03:21:20 pm by Filo »
f**king hell how that man made a career in professional football is beyond me.

A quick look at his passport and you see the nationality opens doors!

The only Brazilian that couldn't kick a ball!

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on October 27, 2015, 04:01:49 pm by Yorkiered »
It seems to me that in recent years we have had virtually no network of scouts looking at lower league players.
We seem to have signed players put forward by agents.
I am not convinced many of these players have actually been watched playing"in the flesh". More a case of looking at players on videos sent by agents.
I could be wrong but just an opinion.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on October 27, 2015, 05:22:36 pm by roversdude »
Filo I tried my best not to put that name on here lol

tommo

« Reply #104 on October 27, 2015, 08:22:31 pm by tommo »
I should post more often. By the way at the time of writing we have gone almost 20 minutes without conceding another goal. Haven't scored either. But that's a different story. And before you assume, I have followed the Rovers with passion for over 60 years (no I am not LT)

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on October 27, 2015, 09:54:24 pm by MiKA »
£16.7m over the last 8 years.

Those guys putting £16 mil into the club is like me putting a couple of thousand into it, if you run a club you've got to be prepared to spend lots and lots and if you don't fancy doing that then get out.  The failure of Doncaster Rovers can't be blamed on the players or managers it just comes down to the boards lack of vision and with this lot I'm affraid we're only going one way.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on October 27, 2015, 09:55:56 pm by dickos1 »
Rubbish
We comfortably spend more than Walsall, gillingham yet they're at the top of the league, why is that the boards fault

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on October 27, 2015, 10:12:13 pm by silent majority »
Its a great advert for any new owners isn't it? Come and buy our club, spend millions but don't expect to get any back, and then, when you've managed to get us promoted a couple of times and then its not quite working we'll blame you for everything.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on October 27, 2015, 10:12:28 pm by IDM »

Those guys putting £16 mil into the club is like me putting a couple of thousand into it, if you run a club you've got to be prepared to spend lots and lots and if you don't fancy doing that then get out.  The failure of Doncaster Rovers can't be blamed on the players or managers it just comes down to the boards lack of vision and with this lot I'm affraid we're only going one way.

No it IS down to the manager(s) and coaching staff.

Only 3 out of 24 teams can go up therefore by default 21 fail, to a varying degree, every season.  The board has appointed a manager with a proven track record of promotion from this division.  Ferguson needs time to turn things around, and it may take some time.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on October 27, 2015, 10:20:42 pm by drfc1951 »
What would we do if they turned round and said,that they were not going to put anymore cash into the club.I for one wouldn't blame them if they did,the amount of crap they get from supporters.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on October 28, 2015, 12:24:18 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Since joining this site, if you got a fiver everytime 'Budget' :headbang:, was mentioned one of us could take over the club and be able to buy Messi.
Budget, i hate you.... :mad:

KnottingleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on October 28, 2015, 12:14:08 pm by KnottingleyRover »

So how much would you like them to put in? £50m or £100m plus your couple of thousand ofcourse.We are very lucky to have the board that we do,they have shown time & time again they will put their hand in their pockets when needs be but they are not prepared to shovel tens of millions on a gamble that might not pay off, they want a successful football team & rugby team for the people of Doncaster to go & watch & support for years to come,Difficult times at the moment but fortunately for us TB & DW are sticking with it & still covering the shortfall shame some of our supporters haven't got the same attitude.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012