Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:49:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dingles at it again  (Read 19040 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Dingles at it again
« on November 10, 2015, 08:42:34 pm by the vicar »
Barnsley 0 York 1 half time lol will Lee Johnson get the sack :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Re: Dingles at it again
« Reply #1 on November 10, 2015, 08:46:46 pm by wing commander »
I hope not....he's ace :)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 10, 2015, 08:53:13 pm by the vicar »
i hope not to

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 10, 2015, 11:34:37 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Adam Hammill has a trial with us, Dingles nip in, he scores on his debut, great! :headbang:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 11, 2015, 12:38:48 am by hoolahoop »
Adam Hammill has a trial with us, Dingles nip in, he scores on his debut, great! :headbang:

Not a problem Sammy means they can paper over the cracks ready for their next defeat ;)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 12, 2015, 12:52:18 am by Sammy Chung was King »

Not a problem Sammy means they can paper over the cracks ready for their next defeat ;)

It's the managers decision anyway, but i always thought Hammill would have been ideal for us, a good crosser of a ball, decent eye for goal, and can take a player on, a good old fashioned winger.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 13, 2015, 04:23:43 pm by bobjimwilly »
what do we reckon their chance are against Port Vale?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 14, 2015, 12:22:58 am by Sammy Chung was King »
what do we reckon their chance are against Port Vale?

I see Barnsley winning 2-1.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 14, 2015, 02:15:40 am by hoolahoop »
I see a 2-0 defeat for Dingles :)

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 14, 2015, 03:51:16 pm by les@donr »
They are taking a leisurely walk to L2.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 14, 2015, 03:58:33 pm by dknward2 »
Reece not playing how can you leave an amazing (in his mind) defender out of the squad

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 14, 2015, 04:08:13 pm by mushRTID »
2-0

Hahahahahaha

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 14, 2015, 04:09:02 pm by hoolahoop »
They are taking a leisurely walk to L2.

Pmsl it's about time then :)

WhiteyBFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 15, 2015, 12:59:58 pm by WhiteyBFC »
Glad we're providing a service. Good of you to be checking up on us too. Very neighborly of you.

I came to Donny and saw us lose at the very start of this record breaking run of defeats. All your fault. I hope you're proud of yourselves.

But in all seriousness, we are shite yes. And if this wally remains in charge, L2 looks very likely to be our destination.

We're now the lowest placed of the South Yorkshire clubs. It's fantastic what the club, Johnson and players are achieving here. 11 defeats in the league, 8 on the bounce, knocked out of the cup by Altrincham, our owner saying he's devising his exit strategy.

You Reds.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 15, 2015, 01:04:24 pm by idler »
We've been there. It's not pleasant but it makes you appreciate the good times when they do come. Things can and do change very quickly in football.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 15, 2015, 01:15:09 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Very impressed that you have come on here in the midst of our jesting at your expense.

In all seriousness Whitey I hope your club, with or without Johnson, turns this around. We know, better than most, that all clubs have downs as well as ups. Barnsley are a real proper club with real fans, and I am sure I don't need to tell you that local rivalry and banter, however much we enjoy it, nevertheless conceals a deeper respect. Of course we really love it if we beat you or happen to be higher in the leagues at a particular moment, but we wish you well when you are not playing us.

Hang on in there pal.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 15, 2015, 01:30:02 pm by Copps is Magic »
I hope they stay up in the end but I would also like nothing more than to see them have a season of suffering with Gary Megson taking temporary charge at some point.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 15, 2015, 01:33:02 pm by Copps is Magic »
Think your message is a little more diplomatic than mine, Dutch.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 15, 2015, 01:46:56 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Very impressed that you have come on here in the midst of our jesting at your expense.

In all seriousness Whitey I hope your club, with or without Johnson, turns this around. We know, better than most, that all clubs have downs as well as ups. Barnsley are a real proper club with real fans, and I am sure I don't need to tell you that local rivalry and banter, however much we enjoy it, nevertheless conceals a deeper respect. Of course we really love it if we beat you or happen to be higher in the leagues at a particular moment, but we wish you well when you are not playing us.

Hang on in there pal.

Brilliant post, DU!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 15, 2015, 01:49:16 pm by RedJ »
I hope they stay up in the end but I would also like nothing more than to see them have a season of suffering with Gary Megson taking temporary charge at some point.

Why would you wish the joy of Megson upon them?

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 15, 2015, 03:12:47 pm by les@donr »
They could get themselves Dickov, now that would be suffering :(

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 15, 2015, 03:46:14 pm by BobG »
Why is it I always seem to be swimming against the tide on here?

I like Barnsley. As Dutch says, they're a proper football club. They've done more than we ever did - yet they're the same folk as us. I like a joke as much as the next guy, but when the chips are down, I want Barnsley to do alright. I live darn sarf. Do you really (!) want the likes of Oxford or Wycombe or  Brizzle Rovers taking their place? You don't. I tell thee.

And anyway, I found a fiver on the terrace at Oakwell when I was about 9 or 10 years old.  It paid for my Mum and I to go to the pictures. I've never forgotten it.It must have been the only fiver in Barnsley.

BobG

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 15, 2015, 03:53:06 pm by Yorkiered »
Why is it I always seem to be swimming against the tide on here?

I like Barnsley. As Dutch says, they're a proper football club. They've done more than we ever did - yet they're the same folk as us. I like a joke as much as the next guy, but when the chips are down, I want Barnsley to do alright. I live darn sarf. Do you really (!) want the likes of Oxford or Wycombe or  Brizzle Rovers taking their place? You don't. I tell thee.

And anyway, I found a fiver on the terrace at Oakwell when I was about 9 or 10 years old.  It paid for my Mum and I to go to the pictures. I've never forgotten it.It must have been the only fiver in Barnsley.

BobG

Was it a white one?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 15, 2015, 04:01:10 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
....Do you really (!) want the likes of Oxford or Wycombe or  Brizzle Rovers taking their place? You don't. I tell thee....

Funny how we view other teams and who we have sympathies for. I've always had a soft spot for Barnsley, even Sheff U, not Sheff Weds. My personal league table of favouritism is mainly based on events with Donny, but I've also noticed that any teams called Rovers, and ones that play in red (apart from Man U) I tend to like. One's called City I tend not to like. And as for Bristol Rovers, apart from them also being pirates, in a local way, I see them as northern.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 15, 2015, 06:42:02 pm by Dutch Uncle »
....Do you really (!) want the likes of Oxford or Wycombe or  Brizzle Rovers taking their place? You don't. I tell thee....

Funny how we view other teams and who we have sympathies for. I've always had a soft spot for Barnsley, even Sheff U, not Sheff Weds. My personal league table of favouritism is mainly based on events with Donny, but I've also noticed that any teams called Rovers, and ones that play in red (apart from Man U) I tend to like. One's called City I tend not to like. And as for Bristol Rovers, apart from them also being pirates, in a local way, I see them as northern.

BRR - you say a lot of things I agree with. I have had a soft spot for a few teams that Rovers have played on big days when we have won and whose support in a losing cause has been good and friendly - especially Dagenham & Redbridge, Carlisle (last game of 2003-4 when we were champions and they were relegated) and Southend (playoffs 5-1 game). Bristol Rovers also fit into that category. I like Forest Green Rovers partly because of the Rovers bit, partly because they are friendly, and partly because as a small place they have been punching above their weight for 18 years, recent eco-millionaires notwithstanding. I like Yeovil because they are also friendly (and so they should be given the points we have given them over the years) and because we have a bonding from the Conference years - I really hope they turn it around this year. Unlike you there is a 'City' I like, but at least they used to be 'Town' when I first went to see them - Swansea where I was born - and there was also a bonding with them regarding passing football in the SOD era.

I also don't like the Wendies, but I do like Barnsley because they are the nearest there is to Rovers in so many ways.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 15, 2015, 06:56:22 pm by The Red Baron »

Bristol Rovers ARE northern, at least in terms of where they play in Bristol!

I have a bit of a soft spot for them because they were Rovers' opponents in the first game I saw. I was sorry when they went out of the League and glad they came back quickly.

WhiteyBFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 15, 2015, 07:26:41 pm by WhiteyBFC »

Hang on in there pal.
Part of me would welcome a season in L2. I've seen us in the top flight, the second tier and of course at this level, but I began supporting the club in the 80's so not witnessed the fourth tier. Tick it off and all that.

It's clear they're not going to sack him. Our owner usually removes his managers the day of a defeat. But what if we lose at Oldham next weekend, the club who he left? Or dem blades a week later. When is enough enough? After it became five on the bounce, you're thinking "surely he's gone now?". And there's been three more defeats since in the league, plus the humbling in Altrincham. It's proper proper mental.

I never call for a manager to go. Very rare anyway. I preach patience and time etc. But we were told to expect a promotion challenge this season. And here we are, 23rd in the table, out of the FA Cup and it's November. We look at our team and can't understand how we're losing every week. We do actually have some cracking players at this level. So it's the manager surely?

Ah well.

We'll be reight.

Probably.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 15, 2015, 07:34:29 pm by les@donr »
The problem I find with Dingles, they do live literally in their own world and don't like outsiders even if they live in Wombwell. I went to a Dingles v Newcastle as a neutral. However, during the game Andy Cole received some blatant racist chants which were downright disgusting. Even two old guys sat next to me said that the lads doing the racist chanting were bringing shame on their club. I wrote to the club and got a polite reply, but nowhere did the Secretary say the club would be taking any action. To me Barnsley seems to be a town and club stuck back in the 1980's, whereas other local clubs including our own have moved on. At one of our matches at their place I was thumped by one of their fans, for no other reason than I was a Rovers fan. That guy must have been brain dead..

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 16, 2015, 12:52:00 am by Sammy Chung was King »

Hang on in there pal.
Part of me would welcome a season in L2. I've seen us in the top flight, the second tier and of course at this level, but I began supporting the club in the 80's so not witnessed the fourth tier. Tick it off and all that.

It's clear they're not going to sack him. Our owner usually removes his managers the day of a defeat. But what if we lose at Oldham next weekend, the club who he left? Or dem blades a week later. When is enough enough? After it became five on the bounce, you're thinking "surely he's gone now?". And there's been three more defeats since in the league, plus the humbling in Altrincham. It's proper proper mental.

I never call for a manager to go. Very rare anyway. I preach patience and time etc. But we were told to expect a promotion challenge this season. And here we are, 23rd in the table, out of the FA Cup and it's November. We look at our team and can't understand how we're losing every week. We do actually have some cracking players at this level. So it's the manager surely?

Ah well.

We'll be reight.

Probably.

Whitey, I hope things get better for your club, we are in the early stages of a new manager taking over, we have had a nice run of games for the players to get a few results, now we face tougher games. So far Ferguson is doing the job most of us wanted from a manager, he sees problems are rectifies them, whereas our past manager didn't.
Johnson i thought of as a up and coming manager, i still do, he did well at Oldham, but he seems to have hit a rut at your place. I don't understand why managers continually fail at your place. They seem to get a few quid to sign players, a decent wage bill i would think with your crowds, is it the pressure?.
Because there seems to be enough positives for you to be doing well, plus you have our club doing your scouting so that saves a bit!. :laugh:
I would like to see a fair few Yorkshire side's in the championship, extra money and interest coming in!.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 16, 2015, 01:50:58 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Whitey

You never know. Back in late 2008 in the Championship, we got 2 points (and 4 goals) in 12 league games. I found it astonishing that we didn't sack O'Driscoll after that run. No manager survives a run like that.

But he did. And we suddenly turned it around. We won 9 and lost 3 of the next 16 games.

You just never know.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012