Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:46:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dingles at it again  (Read 19042 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: Dingles at it again
« Reply #30 on November 16, 2015, 02:38:54 pm by Alan Southstand »
When is enough enough?

6 million dollar question, that one Whitey!

Personally, I'd had enough of Dickov after the disastrous Championship relegation run-in, but they stuck with him. As it turned out, for no good reason, but we're all smart with hindsight. We've had the new-broom syndrome since we changed, but I get the feeling there's much more to come from the guy we have now. Much more intelligent (football-wise) and can sort problems as and when they occur, unlike the last tool.

There's no right and wrong - only opinions, mate. Like a few have already said, despite the hilarity at a neighbour's demise, we really, deep down, hope you change in round (except against Donny, of course!).

All the best for the rest of the season and good luck - you're going to need a bit of that.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on November 16, 2015, 02:45:13 pm by hoolahoop »
ull an
Very impressed that you have come on here in the midst of our jesting at your expense.

In all seriousness Whitey I hope your club, with or without Johnson, turns this around. We know, better than most, that all clubs have downs as well as ups. Barnsley are a real proper club with real fans, and I am sure I don't need to tell you that local rivalry and banter, however much we enjoy it, nevertheless conceals a deeper respect. Of course we really love it if we beat you or happen to be higher in the leagues at a particular moment, but we wish you well when you are not playing us.

Hang on in there pal.
Part of me would welcome a season in L2. I've seen us in the top flight, the second tier and of course at this level, but I began supporting the club in the 80's so not witnessed the fourth tier. Tick it off and all that.

It's clear they're not going to sack him. Our owner usually removes his managers the day of a defeat. But what if we lose at Oldham next weekend, the club who he left? Or dem blades a week later. When is enough enough? After it became five on the bounce, you're thinking "surely he's gone now?". And there's been three more defeats since in the league, plus the humbling in Altrincham. It's proper proper mental.

I never call for a manager to go. Very rare anyway. I preach patience and time etc. But we were told to expect a promotion challenge this season. And here we are, 23rd in the table, out of the FA Cup and it's November. We look at our team and can't understand how we're losing every week. We do actually have some cracking players at this level. So it's the manager surely?

Ah well.

We'll be reight.

Probably.

Whitey I have felt your pain and no doubt you have felt like this too bar a few FA Cup runs over the last 5/6 seasons. You always seem to have the players but somehow it just never clicks but and I don't know how , you always managed to escape the hangman's noose. It was almost as if the Yorkshire grit and determination finally seeped down off the Ponty stand and right into the players. Obviously we know that eventually the knot tightened and you , like us, were demoted ; however contrary to what you might believe there are very few of us that enjoy you kicking and screaming at the end of the rope again.

To have a great county where we have no teams at all in the Premiership and poorly performing teams in the other Divisions surely can't give any of us any pleasure. I know that currently some of our Championship teams are enjoying a revival but alas I think that in most cases that too will prove to be short-lived.

You will come good and most will have a little smile at least over your success.

Now if you were Rotherham , then it would be entirely different.............................. :evil:

WhiteyBFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 09, 2016, 11:09:26 am by WhiteyBFC »
Well, that worked itself out quite nicely didn't it?

What a turnaround.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 09, 2016, 11:29:27 am by Copps is Magic »
Most likely outcome is both teams staying in this league next season. Nowts settled yet.

Although I still say you were the best team to visit the Keepmoat this season, and that is when most of your fans thought you were shite. Do any of your fans remember wanting Johnson out btw? Bit embarrassing on reflection that wasn't it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 11:36:33 am by Copps is Magic »

WhiteyBFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 09, 2016, 12:54:08 pm by WhiteyBFC »
Most likely outcome is both teams staying in this league next season. Nowts settled yet.

Although I still say you were the best team to visit the Keepmoat this season, and that is when most of your fans thought you were shite. Do any of your fans remember wanting Johnson out btw? Bit embarrassing on reflection that wasn't it.
I was at that game and we were pretty ordinary but deserved to beat you. Unfortunately, Lee Johnson brought three subs on all in one go and we gifted you three points in the last minute. That might well prove to be a great gift, it might keep you up.

Most of our fans didn't think we were shite at that point. That was the start of the losing run, not the end of it. At that stage most of us thought we were bang average and needed some proven quality added to a very young squad.

We then had the horrific losing run, including a cup exit to part timers, and it was at that point for me personally where I wanted Johnson to go. I didn't go demanding it on the internet or owt. But aye, I felt he ought to have resigned. It was that bad. The fanbase in general were pretty split on it though. I think a poll had it 60/40 in favour of sacking him. I can only assume you're referring to wallies who phone Radio Dem Blades. About three people basically. Because the support Johnson got throughout his tenure was superb considering.

The form turned around once we added a few proven players and our best player Hourihane returned from injury. As well as Johnson finally playing two up front. 4-4-2. It isn't the ancient, stone age system it's made out to be. Ask Leicester too. Because so many teams have forgotten it exists, and they play variations of 4-5-1, 4-4-2 is now a great tool. It's the wheel, reinvented.

LJ then ditched us, we got a nice payout, he's currently hovering above relegation and we're gunning for promotion. We've improved since he left. Heckingbottom has a silly name but he's a Barnsley lad and doing the town proud so far.

Looking forward to Wembley in three weeks time too.

What a turnaround.

Good luck in beating the drop. It's quite likely that yes, we'll both still be L1 clubs next season. But considering we took more supporters to Walsall than you brought to Oakwell, I can't say it's a Derby game we'd miss, were you relegated or we promoted.

You've some cracking lads on this forum, and so I hope you stay up for that reason. But you've appointed a shit manager and some of your players wouldn't get in my 5 a side team on a Thursday night.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 09, 2016, 12:59:45 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
IF ever there was a post when winning it would be whitey Dingle...

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 09, 2016, 01:24:47 pm by Copps is Magic »
Good luck in beating the drop. It's quite likely that yes, we'll both still be L1 clubs next season. But considering we took more supporters to Walsall than you brought to Oakwell, I can't say it's a Derby game we'd miss, were you relegated or we promoted.

Aye, and you took 690 to Scunny earlier in the season for a saturday match when we took 1,600 last night after not winning in 9 games. Swings and roundabouts this attendances malarkey, but generally laughable for a dingle to be giving it the big I am on that front.

Enjoy your day at Wembley. Of course we have a tradition of winning at Wembley and winning the paint-pot cup also so use that for inspiration.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 09, 2016, 01:44:28 pm by stuey »

What a turnaround.

How f##king sad are you? You come onto another teams forum and bring up a thread that's four months old and bang on about your inbred lot and how many fans you take to f##king Walsall? You sound like a bloody Wednesday fan. Nobody gives a shit pal. Now pop along back to your sisters bed and keep w**king over your mega attendances. You'll be calling yourselves MASSIVE next.

WhiteyBFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 09, 2016, 02:00:35 pm by WhiteyBFC »
Erm, I was posting during our losing run. Numbnuts.

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 09, 2016, 02:03:38 pm by CrippyCooke »

Virgin.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 09, 2016, 02:08:56 pm by wing commander »
     Oh really guys...I don't blame him one bit....We took the piss about how bad they are and weve been made to look a bit daft,if anything it proves how much a season can change for us all...Take it on the chin guys and remember every dog has its day...

WhiteyBFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 09, 2016, 02:23:18 pm by WhiteyBFC »

Aye, and you took 690 to Scunny earlier in the season for a saturday match when we took 1,600 last night after not winning in 9 games. Swings and roundabouts this attendances malarkey, but generally laughable for a dingle to be giving it the big I am on that front.

Enjoy your day at Wembley. Of course we have a tradition of winning at Wembley and winning the paint-pot cup also so use that for inspiration.
Jesus wept. A Donny fan is telling me about their 'Wembley tradition'. Wow. I don't even know if I'm able to start on that, never mind ask where to start. This will be my third trip to Wembley. Well, second actually to the modern stadium. We went for an FA Cup semi final last time. My first trip was to the proper Wembley. For a second tier playoff final. Did you ever go to the old Wembley? Great memory that. Result didn't even take the edge off. A special occasion. I'm hoping we finally win there this time. It'd be nice to compete with the mighty Doncaster and their winning Wembley tradition. That's Doncaster and winning in the same sentence. I know. Unbelievable really.

I wasn't giving you any big I am regards attendance. I was highlighting a fact. You wouldn't miss Barnsley vs Doncaster were it not a fixture next season. No real rivalry to speak of, despite playing each other many times down the years. It's weird really. And your turnout at Oakwell reflects that.

No such thing as swings and roundabouts though, not when it comes to Barnsley and Doncaster in comparative attendance figures. Not just this season, but through history.

But this season:

BFC home avg - 9,300
DRFC home avg - 6,330

BFC away avg - 956
DRFC away avg - 611

Big differences.

Anyway. I'm off now. Maybe I'll see you next season.

**To those on here who weren't gobby, weren't mocking us etc, a few months ago and to those who greeted me well on here during that time, nice one to the lot of you. Proper respect there. And I hope you stay up and kick on next season. For the others such as the wallies I'm arguing with here, I still hope you stay up and wish you nothing but the best. We're all Yorkshire lads and lasses. Much rather a flying Donny than a flying Millwall. Stop being bitter or angry about neighbours. It's sad really. And don't try and wave your cock about with Barnsley fans because any Rovers fan worth their salt knows who the bigger and more successful club is. That's not arrogance. It's fact. Just as Sheff Wed and Leeds are bigger and more successful than us. Food chain.

Love you all,

Whitey xxx

WhiteyBFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 09, 2016, 02:24:04 pm by WhiteyBFC »

What a turnaround.

How f##king sad are you? You come onto another teams forum and bring up a thread that's four months old and bang on about your inbred lot and how many fans you take to f##king Walsall? You sound like a bloody Wednesday fan. Nobody gives a shit pal. Now pop along back to your sisters bed and keep w**king over your mega attendances. You'll be calling yourselves MASSIVE next.
For someone not giving a shit and calling someone else sad, your post lets you down.

Have a good day, Mr Foul Mouth.

WhiteyBFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on March 09, 2016, 02:24:28 pm by WhiteyBFC »

Virgin.
On the ridiculous.

WhiteyBFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 09, 2016, 02:26:42 pm by WhiteyBFC »
     Oh really guys...I don't blame him one bit....We took the piss about how bad they are and weve been made to look a bit daft,if anything it proves how much a season can change for us all...Take it on the chin guys and remember every dog has its day...
Exactly.

I came on here during our losing run and took it on the chin. The 'banter' if you like.

Yet they can't take a bit back? And I've not been as vulgar or abusive as the wallies were. Argue a point. Have some fun. Being offensive makes you look a bit sad and a bit small. Like Donny really.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 09, 2016, 02:30:49 pm by Chris Black come back »
Our caravans are bigger than your caravans.

bally1950

« Reply #46 on March 09, 2016, 02:33:26 pm by bally1950 »
Come on lads, if we can't take it then we should not give it, as he says and did a few months ago, it is only banter

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on March 09, 2016, 02:34:46 pm by CrippyCooke »
Of course it's only banter but it's still a bit weird.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on March 09, 2016, 02:35:33 pm by stuey »

What a turnaround.

For someone not giving a shit and calling someone else sad, your post lets you down.

Have a good day, Mr Foul Mouth.

f**k off.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on March 09, 2016, 02:37:30 pm by Copps is Magic »
Come on lads, if we can't take it then we should not give it, as he says and did a few months ago, it is only banter

Did we give it to them on their forum though? I don't think we did. There is a few of them who feel the need to come on our forum and claim they don't care about us in the same breath.

Weird behaviour that.

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on March 09, 2016, 02:38:46 pm by CrippyCooke »
He'll have found this old thread faster than he's ever found a clitoris.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on March 09, 2016, 02:42:52 pm by wing commander »
   I think you will find they had visits from a number of Rovers fans on there boards at the time Copps to be fair...I really don't see the issue,thats what rivalry's about, some you win some you lose...Right now we have a hundred and one more issues to worry about than a Barnsley fan rubbing our nose in it..Suck it up buttercup...It's not beyone the realms of possibility that we will stay up and they will stay down and we start again next year....

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on March 09, 2016, 02:46:53 pm by RedJ »
Absolutely hilarious claiming that attendances directly* affect performances on the pitch.

*aye, you might get a better atmosphere and more money from gate receipts should in theory get you better players, but even then the amount of people that watch your team has no direct affect on how well or otherwise they play.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on March 09, 2016, 02:48:47 pm by Copps is Magic »
   I think you will find they had visits from a number of Rovers fans on there boards at the time Copps to be fair...I really don't see the issue,thats what rivalry's about, some you win some you lose...Right now we have a hundred and one more issues to worry about than a Barnsley fan rubbing our nose in it..Suck it up buttercup...It's not beyone the realms of possibility that we will stay up and they will stay down and we start again next year....

Agreed WC, just think a better time for them to come on here would have been after they've actually achieved something. At the moment they've had a bit of good form to get into the play-off. Other than that they been an average club struggling at the same level as us for the past decade. Must be exciting for them to put a few results together though so can see why they're excited but always best not to come too soon.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on March 09, 2016, 03:06:43 pm by MrFrost »

I was at that game and we were pretty ordinary but deserved to beat you. Unfortunately, Lee Johnson brought three subs on all in one go and we gifted you three points in the last minute. That might well prove to be a great gift, it might keep you up.

Most of our fans didn't think we were shite at that point. That was the start of the losing run, not the end of it. At that stage most of us thought we were bang average and needed some proven quality added to a very young squad.

We then had the horrific losing run, including a cup exit to part timers, and it was at that point for me personally where I wanted Johnson to go. I didn't go demanding it on the internet or owt. But aye, I felt he ought to have resigned. It was that bad. The fanbase in general were pretty split on it though. I think a poll had it 60/40 in favour of sacking him. I can only assume you're referring to wallies who phone Radio Dem Blades. About three people basically. Because the support Johnson got throughout his tenure was superb considering.

The form turned around once we added a few proven players and our best player Hourihane returned from injury. As well as Johnson finally playing two up front. 4-4-2. It isn't the ancient, stone age system it's made out to be. Ask Leicester too. Because so many teams have forgotten it exists, and they play variations of 4-5-1, 4-4-2 is now a great tool. It's the wheel, reinvented.

LJ then ditched us, we got a nice payout, he's currently hovering above relegation and we're gunning for promotion. We've improved since he left. Heckingbottom has a silly name but he's a Barnsley lad and doing the town proud so far.

Looking forward to Wembley in three weeks time too.

What a turnaround.

You've some cracking lads on this forum, and so I hope you stay up for that reason. But you've appointed a shit manager and some of your players wouldn't get in my 5 a side team on a Thursday night.

You took 900 to Walsall

bally1950

« Reply #55 on March 09, 2016, 03:14:22 pm by bally1950 »

Agreed WC, just think a better time for them to come on here would have been after they've actually achieved something. At the moment they've had a bit of good form to get into the play-off. Other than that they been an average club struggling at the same level as us for the past decade. Must be exciting for them to put a few results together though so can see why they're excited but always best not to come too soon.

They are also going to Wembley and not to watch...Lets hope that something comes out of the club regarding what is happening at Donny but do not hold your breath anyone

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on March 09, 2016, 05:04:24 pm by silent majority »
Absolutely hilarious claiming that attendances directly* affect performances on the pitch.

*aye, you might get a better atmosphere and more money from gate receipts should in theory get you better players, but even then the amount of people that watch your team has no direct affect on how well or otherwise they play.

I think a £3m loss on a turnover of £4.8m pretty much shows what they've been up to.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on March 09, 2016, 05:51:20 pm by MrFrost »

Jesus wept. A Donny fan is telling me about their 'Wembley tradition'. Wow. I don't even know if I'm able to start on that, never mind ask where to start. This will be my third trip to Wembley. Well, second actually to the modern stadium. We went for an FA Cup semi final last time. My first trip was to the proper Wembley. For a second tier playoff final. Did you ever go to the old Wembley? Great memory that. Result didn't even take the edge off. A special occasion. I'm hoping we finally win there this time. It'd be nice to compete with the mighty Doncaster and their winning Wembley tradition. That's Doncaster and winning in the same sentence. I know. Unbelievable really.

I wasn't giving you any big I am regards attendance. I was highlighting a fact. You wouldn't miss Barnsley vs Doncaster were it not a fixture next season. No real rivalry to speak of, despite playing each other many times down the years. It's weird really. And your turnout at Oakwell reflects that.

No such thing as swings and roundabouts though, not when it comes to Barnsley and Doncaster in comparative attendance figures. Not just this season, but through history.

But this season:

BFC home avg - 9,300
DRFC home avg - 6,330

BFC away avg - 956
DRFC away avg - 611

Big differences.

**To those on here who weren't gobby, weren't mocking us etc, a few months ago and to those who greeted me well on here during that time, nice one to the lot of you. Proper respect there. And I hope you stay up and kick on next season. For the others such as the wallies I'm arguing with here, I still hope you stay up and wish you nothing but the best. We're all Yorkshire lads and lasses. Much rather a flying Donny than a flying Millwall. Stop being bitter or angry about neighbours. It's sad really. And don't try and wave your cock about with Barnsley fans because any Rovers fan worth their salt knows who the bigger and more successful club is. That's not arrogance. It's fact. Just as Sheff Wed and Leeds are bigger and more successful than us. Food chain.

Love you all,

Whitey xxx

What did you turnout at Belle Vue of 800 not so long ago reflect?

By the way, how's the head? I've been told at the Oakwell game you were giving it large to a few of our older fans and came off a bit worse for wear.

All mouth this guy.

Oh and your away average is inflated, it's actually less than 900
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 05:53:30 pm by MrFrost »

WhiteyBFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on March 09, 2016, 09:42:04 pm by WhiteyBFC »

But this season:

BFC home avg - 9,300
DRFC home avg - 6,330

BFC away avg - 956
DRFC away avg - 611

Big differences.

Love you all,

Whitey xxx

What did you turnout at Belle Vue of 800 not so long ago reflect?

By the way, how's the head? I've been told at the Oakwell game you were giving it large to a few of our older fans and came off a bit worse for wear.

All mouth this guy.

Oh and your away average is inflated, it's actually less than 900
I wasn't at the Donny game at Oakwell. I was working sadly. I don't get to as many games as I'd like these days. I was at your place though for the defeat. I posted on here about it afterwards. But no, whoever 'told' you that is mistaken. When I'm at Oakwell, I'm in the company of mates and we have a very ritualistic routine. It doesn't include giving it large to away supporters. Not that we're anti-away supporters. We've had Rochdale and Bradford lads join us this season. But no, I've never once had any aggro at any game in my 34 years on the planet. It's not my scene.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on March 09, 2016, 10:15:15 pm by BobG »
Well I for one like seeing intelligent supporters of opposition teams come on here. We are really very poor at seeing beyond our own noses - as this renewed thread amply demonstrates. Have none of you ever heard the phrase 'Thesis. Antithesis. Synthesis'? That is what opposition supporters give us - a rounded better informed and less myopic opinion. And Whitey plays a good part in giving us the opportunity to achieve that.

Some of the contributions today are downright shameful.

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012