Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 11:56:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Harry Forrester  (Read 31472 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Forrester...
« Reply #150 on April 03, 2016, 11:12:47 am by Bentley Bullet »
Like Silent Majority said, sometimes players have to move on for personal reasons and has nothing to do with their football ability. That's fair enough.

Perhaps a replacement might have been beneficial though.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on April 03, 2016, 02:56:04 pm by Chris Black come back »
If Rangers and Celtic were put in at conference level in England they would be in Premier League within five seasons with any half-decent management.

50k home gates guarenteed would dwarf pretty much any Championship club bar soon to be relegated Geordies.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on April 03, 2016, 03:49:28 pm by Campsall rover »
Ferguson got told by blunt to get the high earners of the books straight away and he did....and people go on supporting this board and Baldwin??
Where is your evidence, after a statement like that?
Wellness wanted out, Jones was injured and Forrester's heart just wasn't at Rovers. Fault? Dickov/Ferguson or was it Forrester himself.
We will probably never know, but a talent wasted that's for sure.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on April 03, 2016, 05:08:25 pm by RedJ »
Ferguson got told by blunt to get the high earners of the books straight away and he did....and people go on supporting this board and Baldwin??
Where is your evidence, after a statement like that?

Hahaha don't hold your breath on a response there mate. Not one that isn't moving the goal posts and asking another question because he can't provide any, at least.

If Rangers and Celtic were put in at conference level in England they would be in Premier League within five seasons with any half-decent management.

50k home gates guarenteed would dwarf pretty much any Championship club bar soon to be relegated Geordies.

I still believe if they had joined the Premier League at the turn of the century, they'd have won European trophies by now.

Christ, that seems an eternity ago now in sporting terms. Was that a realistic proposition? I can't remember.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on April 03, 2016, 11:26:20 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
You can have all the ability you want, but if the desire isn't there to make the best from yourself, you have no chance. He will put it in there because he doesn't feel Rangers are beneath him, i was never convinced he was ever happy playing for us, plus he is playing for a manager who he knows well.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on April 04, 2016, 06:55:36 am by The Red Baron »
I think the manager bit is key, Sammy. He's a high maintenance player and Warburton knows which buttons he has to press.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on April 04, 2016, 08:07:10 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I suspect the quality of the opposition is key.

Look at the goal scoring records of the Rangers squad.

Kenny Miller who is older than Methusalah is scoring at one every 2 games.

Martin Waghorn, who scored 30 goals in 7 seasons in the Championship has got 20 goals in 24 starts this year.

Dean Shiels is scoring at nearly one every other start in his Rangers career.

It's a turkey shoot and Forrester is filling his boots. Good luck to him, but it means nowt.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on April 04, 2016, 11:50:29 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
I think the manager bit is key, Sammy. He's a high maintenance player and Warburton knows which buttons he has to press.

Not knowing him personally my impression is he will be the sort of guy that needs praising a lot, but if you praise him too much he is the sort that will coast along.
 There can't be many who are not disappointed in him, because the ability is there. I was really happy when we got him, and on a free, the guy i saw for Brentford wasn't the same in a rovers shirt.
If you are a great player you can play for anybody as manager, he has the potential to be very good, but his character will stop him ever being great.
 On the standard of scottish football, it's a real mix of differing abilities among the sides. Some are almost amateur in quality others would do okay down here. In the league he is in there are probably 2-3 sides who would be top half of our league, the rest are between league two and conference standard.

The one thing i would say about scottish football they are still playing it as a mans game up there, the feigning injury and rolling around isn't as bad as down here. Personally i still think you can get a good player from there, they are just not as abundant in quality as other years. He could very easily be playing champions league football in 2-3 years, or he could be playing back here in the lower leagues it's upto him which.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on April 05, 2016, 08:38:19 am by idler »
A lot of Brentford fans thought that he didn't perform on a regular basis.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Harry Forrester
« Reply #159 on April 12, 2016, 10:22:19 am by The Red Baron »
Has signed a contract with Rangers to the end of 2019.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
Re: Harry Forrester
« Reply #160 on April 12, 2016, 10:48:54 am by Colin C No.3 »
That's the news we've all been praying to hear.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on April 12, 2016, 12:30:46 pm by RoversAlias »
Can we please just have one dedicated 'Harry Forrester' thread for the people who bizarrely still care about his every move to talk about? Every time he bloody sneezes there's a thread on here pointing it out.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on April 12, 2016, 01:32:52 pm by rtid88 »
That's because with the right manager he could have been the player to keep us up this season! That lad needed a manager that could sit down and talk to him in a calm manager and help him not just on but off the pitch! Fergie is not that man!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on April 12, 2016, 02:31:29 pm by Chris Black come back »
Would have been first to go missing in crunch relegation games. Think he can do better than Scotland though if he learns to focus properly.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on April 12, 2016, 02:59:56 pm by RoversAlias »
That's because with the right manager he could have been the player to keep us up this season! That lad needed a manager that could sit down and talk to him in a calm manager and help him not just on but off the pitch! Fergie is not that man!

That's nice, but I've read it roughly a million times since Forrester left, across a dozen threads. It's boring, it's old news. Players leave us, for whatever reason, and sometimes they were good players who could've helped us but so be it. He's moved on, so why can't everyone else?

Forum Admin

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on April 12, 2016, 03:57:18 pm by Forum Admin »
Can we please just have one dedicated 'Harry Forrester' thread for the people who bizarrely still care about his every move to talk about?

done :aok:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on April 12, 2016, 05:35:54 pm by RedJ »
Would have been first to go missing in crunch relegation games. Think he can do better than Scotland though if he learns to focus properly.

I think I could do well in Scotland to be fair.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #167 on April 12, 2016, 06:13:15 pm by i_ateallthepies »

Contrary to the wizard of Oz myth courage isn't something you can learn.  You either have it or you don't ... Forrester doesn't.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #168 on April 16, 2016, 10:11:26 pm by Donnywolf »
.... AND he only has one good leg now - broke the bad one and is out of the Semi Final v Celtic tomorrow

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #169 on April 24, 2016, 09:02:51 pm by Donnywolf »
..... AND much as I think we should all move on I see HF has landed a 3 year contract

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/forrester-misses-cup-semi/

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on April 25, 2016, 02:22:32 am by PDX_Rover »
Mugs. Watch his form dip now.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on April 25, 2016, 05:45:57 am by hoolahoop »
That's him done for and goodbye. Anyone that thinks he's too good to wear our shirt with pride doesn't deserve all this attention.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on April 25, 2016, 09:03:05 am by drfchound »
Mugs. Watch his form dip now.

Yeah, i bet he doesn't do anything before the end of the season now. :zzz:

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on April 25, 2016, 01:52:04 pm by anton123 »
I could score 30 goals a season in that league n that's not including the tap ins

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #174 on April 25, 2016, 01:56:59 pm by Dare to dream! »
Harry Forrester Verified account  ‏@harry_forrester  ยท Apr 23 

Also big win for @drfc_official 👏🏻 hope they do it 👍🏻

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on April 26, 2016, 08:50:45 pm by drfchound »
I could score 30 goals a season in that league n that's not including the tap ins

So why aren't you doing it then?
Genuine question.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012