Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:22:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: MOTM  (Read 7005 times)

Al4475

• VSC Member
Re: MOTM
« Reply #30 on December 26, 2015, 09:13:05 pm by Al4475 »
I thought Alcock and Copps started brightly - but Scunny figured them out and we simply muddled around, sadly lacking ideas across the board today - I thought Evina had a good go throughout but actual stand out performers?

Can't think of one at all to be honest.

Can someone tell me which of our players got the only shot we had on target today?

Copps forced the save, Stewart hit the bar!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 26, 2015, 09:14:34 pm by drfchound »
Williams had a volley blocked late on after Keegan headed back across goal.
The keeper pushed Copps' volley from the edge of the box out for a corner.
I guess Stewarts one against the bar doesn't count.
Oh, and Grant had a weak shot saved just before half time.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on December 26, 2015, 09:23:33 pm by The Red Baron »
I thought Coppinger worked hard but his passing was poor. He wasn't the only one though. Stewart was the only one who made things happen and probably deserved MOM.

The team showed me today that they can't perform at any level of consistency. We'll win some and lose some - a typical mid-table side. I think we can probably put any talk of the Top Six to bed.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on December 26, 2015, 09:32:28 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Thanks Al.  Perhaps in such a poor attacking performance today, being the only one forcing a decent save from the keeper may have won Copps some points on the MoMometer.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 26, 2015, 09:39:34 pm by Chris Black come back »
Stewart hit the bar with a beauty.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on December 26, 2015, 09:42:44 pm by Al4475 »
Thinking about it a bit more - Copps had a few moments - he started off linking well with Alcock, had that shot saved and pinged a couple of great balls out wide to both sides from the centre. He also chucked himself into a few tackles and won a few headers - maybe he deserved it after all!

He was also invisible for patches too tho!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on December 26, 2015, 09:56:01 pm by Campsall rover »
ATS for me today, I thought he was excellent.
As for Copps living on past glories, I think since Fergie took over he has found a new lease of life and has been one of our most consistent performers.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on December 26, 2015, 09:57:54 pm by Lesonthewest »
Coppinger was poor first half but improved no end second half, Middleton was poor getting caught in possession & giving the ball away. Thought Robins got his tactics spot on first half, doubling up on Coppinger & bullying us out of midfield with Grant virtually non existant. Second half was much better with the introduction of Keegan, allowing Coppinger & Grant a bit more freedom. Probably deserved a point on the second half showing but the damage had been done in the first half where Scunny were crossing at will whereas we refused to attempt it given the opportunity. Roll on Monday, let's put this one behind us.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on December 26, 2015, 10:00:12 pm by dickos1 »
N guessan had the best chance

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on December 26, 2015, 11:59:35 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Sometimes i think Coppinger just needs to stand on the pitch to be man of the match.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on December 27, 2015, 12:26:26 am by RoversAlias »
ATS for me today, I thought he was excellent.

We all see games differently I suppose, but I wasn't greatly impressed with him at all today. Made some strange decisions in possession at the back throughout the match and his positioning wasn't great either. He seems to do better when he gets the ball over the halfway line for some reason.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on December 27, 2015, 08:34:55 am by Chris Black come back »
He can't pass, yet is given the ball on an all too regular basis. Seems a competent defender but we cannot under any circumstances allow him to be given responsibility for bringing the ball out of defence. Either give it to someone else or tell him to put it out of play in an area vaguely helpful to us.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 11:06:07 am by Chris Black come back »

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on December 27, 2015, 11:04:11 am by bobjimwilly »
Can someone tell me which of our players got the only shot we had on target today?[/b]

Alcock went for a lob in the first half but keeper had plenty of time to catch it.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on December 27, 2015, 12:35:34 pm by donnievic »
Thought it was big mistake swapping Alcock and Lund around as Alcock gave us nothing going forward at all,thought ATS didn't play too bad but couldn't really pick anyone out that stood out

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on December 27, 2015, 01:30:29 pm by Lincoln Rover »
For what it's worth I thought Evina was good and also Keegan when he got on.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on December 27, 2015, 05:40:05 pm by IDM »
Copps was trying, albeit unsuccessfully, to orchestrate everything.

Keegs did OK when he came on - Stewart was poor mostly apart from that shot.

Evina shades MotM overall IMHO.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on December 27, 2015, 06:58:49 pm by Copps is Magic »
Evina attacking wise yes but yet another player snook past him for the goal on saturday. Good attacker, can't defend.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on December 27, 2015, 07:03:55 pm by Donnybax »
I thought coppinger played very well, only player that moved the ball quickly and tried to make things happen.
Evina might run past a player but his delivery is awful. Got caught ball watching for the scunny goal.
Grant was shocking, slowed it down every time he got the ball and I think I can count on the 1 hand the amount of times he didn't lose it.
ATS and Middleton both had mares.
Motm for me was between coppinger and butler

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on December 27, 2015, 11:48:03 pm by Campsall rover »
It is very strange that we can all watch the same match and have such different opinions. I and others sat around me all thought
ATS had a very good game as did Copps (2nd half)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on December 28, 2015, 08:58:20 am by Donnywolf »
Dead right. I am often surprised that people want Refs to get everything right every time with one look but we on here then endlessly discuss whether some incident was a Penalty for example and even after the benefit of TV Replays we have huge difference of opinions.

Here is a thing :

Nathan Tyson did what looked like a huge lunge on their Keeper in first half and NT(Baby) stayed down injured for a few seconds but :

Did he foul the Keeper / miss him totally / was it a Yellow Card and so one of the many mistakes made by the Ref or EVEN a Red Card. From my vantage point right on Half way it looked a bit of a rash challenge and a few of us expected a RED.

I also get no help from a replay because the Camera shows me the exact view that I just had
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 09:00:29 am by Donnywolf »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on December 28, 2015, 09:41:30 am by IDM »
Tyson's last touch on that run into the box was a bit heavy, and the replay showed he was stretching for the ball,  That's why I don't think he got a card, that and the ref's line of sight.  Didn't see the Scunny players making an issue of it though?

I don't expect the ref to get everything right, but I do expect consistency in decision making particularly the wrestling that goes on every time the ball goes to our strikers.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on December 28, 2015, 09:49:42 am by Chris Black come back »
What looked like lunge on keeper did appear bad but their keeper didn't make owt of the challenge so it can't have been that bad. Particularly as this was right in front of their own fans so if he was going to make a meal of the incident he would have done so. That kick on the player in the second half though. What a wazak.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on December 28, 2015, 10:30:22 am by Donnywolf »
What looked like lunge on keeper did appear bad but their keeper didn't make owt of the challenge so it can't have been that bad. Particularly as this was right in front of their own fans so if he was going to make a meal of the incident he would have done so. That kick on the player in the second half though. What a wazak.

Keeper might have made more of it but would have needed to Hydrate himself first

That kick out by NT deserved a Red - as you say a wazak / daft thing to do for sure

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on December 28, 2015, 11:04:33 am by bobjimwilly »
Remember to vote for your viking chat man of the match here: http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=255479

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on December 28, 2015, 05:16:48 pm by drfchound »
Dead right. I am often surprised that people want Refs to get everything right every time with one look but we on here then endlessly discuss whether some incident was a Penalty for example and even after the benefit of TV Replays we have huge difference of opinions.

Here is a thing :

Nathan Tyson did what looked like a huge lunge on their Keeper in first half and NT(Baby) stayed down injured for a few seconds but :

Did he foul the Keeper / miss him totally / was it a Yellow Card and so one of the many mistakes made by the Ref or EVEN a Red Card. From my vantage point right on Half way it looked a bit of a rash challenge and a few of us expected a RED.

I also get no help from a replay because the Camera shows me the exact view that I just had

I dont think that most people want or expect the refs to get every decision right DW.
Very obviously they will make errors but i for one would like them to not get so many decisions wrong.
Some of the decisions by Atwell were hard to understand and he was very inconsistent throughout the game and certainly not strong enough to stop some of the Scunny players bossing him.
You don't need the benefit of TV replays to see that he (and many other refs) miss stuff that is going on out there.
The linesmen are generally afraid to make decisions on fouls etc and often wait for the ref to say which way the throw will go and then limply raise their flags to confirm what the ref has decided.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on December 28, 2015, 06:55:21 pm by RedJ »
I think everyone realises that there's always going to be an element of human error when, well, human officials are involved. But some referees are just f**king moronic.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012