Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:06:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: is the game going to be on?  (Read 1603 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
is the game going to be on?
« on February 06, 2016, 11:45:22 am by Padge_DRFC »
Chucking it down at the minute and it has been for a while. Their pitch alright for this sort of rain?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: is the game going to be on?
« Reply #1 on February 06, 2016, 11:49:32 am by The Red Baron »
Just had a look on Scunny's twitter and they say no problems.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 06, 2016, 12:53:41 pm by The Red Baron »
Mmm... You were right to be concerned, Padge!

I wonder if Dave "it will be on" Morris works for Scunny these days?  :laugh:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 07, 2016, 08:27:12 am by Donnywolf »
Mmm... You were right to be concerned, Padge!

I wonder if Dave "it will be on" Morris works for Scunny these days?  :laugh:

Looking at the 3pm photos it looks as good as could be expected after the earlier rain but even then it may have been a mudbath though

The surprising thing is that when Blackpool v Rovers a few Seasons back was in doubt due to torrential rain I still set off. It did not stop raining all the way there. The Ticket Office handed the Tickets over with the warning that the Game might be postponed - and still it rained. The Ref hung on till the latest time he could before incredibly allowing the game to go ahead

So WHY ffs was this game called off so "early". Its not like "they" were trying to prevent a Team and Fans like Yeovil or Southend a journey or half a journey was it. I mean they could have given it till 14.30 imo unless there are contributing factors we don't know about

Why ?

Searching on their Forums the Fans are perplexed and trying to work out WHEN they last lost a game to Waterlogging and can only come up with one v Northampton when there was quote " a Flash Flood" right around Kick Off time and that game was called off at 14.55 !! They KNOW by experience that given a couple of hours the pitch can drain

Here is another post :

Thanks for nothing ref

I believe only two games have ever been postponed at Glanford Park because of a waterlogged pitch. On both occasions the pitch was perfectly playable by kick-off time. Referees seem love having the odd Saturday in front of the fire with their slippers on.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 08:41:28 am by Donnywolf »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012