Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:01:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Welcome to Rangers FC Forrester  (Read 26206 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: WELCOME TO RANGERS FC FORRESTER WORLDS MOST SUCCESFULL CLUB
« Reply #91 on January 03, 2016, 08:54:00 am by The Red Baron »
The return of TLO Doncaster.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-gannon-signing-players-doncaster-7107705

Love it!

I don't know who he means by "a couple of players" unless Fergie is planning to offload someone else to them.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: WELCOME TO RANGERS FC FORRESTER WORLDS MOST SUCCESFULL CLUB
« Reply #92 on January 03, 2016, 09:38:42 am by hoolahoop »
My take is very much the same as most in that Rangers have signed an extremely talented player who though is quite some way off from the level of maturity needed at either team' s level.
We couldn't afford to carry a seemingly precocious talent but Rangers can afford to lose him in their squad if necessary.
If both Dickov and Ferguson couldn't make a team player out of him then Forrester's Rangers might.

IMHO Rangers is not the right club or League for someone who at the moment seems either incapable or unwilling to put a shift in.

As for Rangers and their fan's assertions that they are the most successful club in terms of all the major trophies they have won ? Well in my opinion its laughable to boast about what you have won in a 2 maybe 3 horse race.

As for your crowds. I understand that the population of Scotland is slightly smaller than the population of London where folk support Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham amongst a host of many others .

A sectarian following of 50,000 isn't going to disappear now is it ? I mean Gers fans are not going down the road to Celtic Park now are they ? Where would these supporters have gone to get their fortnightly fix of home games ?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 09:46:03 am by hoolahoop »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Welcome to Rangers FC Forrester
« Reply #93 on January 03, 2016, 11:14:44 am by BillyStubbsTears »
FLJ

Forrester is actually a NON-Player from TLO Donny.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on January 03, 2016, 11:36:30 am by Donnywolf »
Correct - an ex Player

See the mighty Gers played in front of 1894 Fans away yesterday at Dumbarton - all of 14.7 miles away

I watched them at Queen of the South a few tears back and there were thousands so the Tickets MUST have been restricted
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 02:48:00 pm by Donnywolf »

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on January 03, 2016, 11:39:02 am by keith79 »
Full house

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on January 03, 2016, 11:44:20 am by Donnywolf »
Full house

Maybe not ... from DFC Official Site

We have space for just over 2000 spectators (2025 to be exact!) and accommodation for supporters is covered and all seated.

Could have had to segregate though and so lost "some" capacity

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on January 03, 2016, 12:26:24 pm by Jonathan »
I don't think there's any doubting the Rangers fanbase. Huge club, steeped in tradition. The Scottish league has limited quality without doubt, but success is relative to the level you're at. I loved our Conference cups, play offs, lower division title wins and JPT Trophy wins. The day I accept the jibes of plastic Manchester United fans that they're not meaningful titles because they're not the PL, FA Cup or Champions League will be the day I give up with football altogether. For any of us to sit and criticise the significance of the competitions that Rangers have won down the years is pretty sad in my opinion. They're a Scottish club in the Scottish leagues, they're not going to win the EPL or FA Cup!

It's a great move for HF to a club that will inevitably be back in European competition before long, and he gets to showcase his talents every other week on a truly great stage at Ibrox. Good luck to him, he has great talent. That performance against Coventry at home the previous Boxing Day was right up there with any individual display you could wish to see. He was unplayable. The fact he has that in his locker shows exactly what he can do. The fact that it's so easy to pinpoint his top performances also explains why very few will lose sleep over his departure.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he goes on to be a huge success, but he definitely needs to get his attitude, focus and commitment right for that to be consistently achieved. Will be interested to see how he gets on, and equally glad that we've freed up a considerable space on the wage bill for someone that might actually play.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 12:38:11 pm by Jonathan »

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on January 03, 2016, 01:49:30 pm by Al4475 »
If we could also free up main's not insignificant wages too we'll have took 3 players (wit their own individual strengths) on decent money who don't fit into DF's wa of playing which should mean we can get another couple in who do!

I think the future looks pretty good tbf!

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on January 03, 2016, 01:50:40 pm by graingrover »
I agree with nearly all that Jonathan .. but not that HF has great talent .He never put two good games back to back did he  ?

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on January 03, 2016, 03:05:13 pm by Rios »
Interesting how a sizeable number of you sound like the condescending Leeds fans you so despise.  Scottish football might not be in the rudest of health but it's a bit rich that TLO us(!) think we've the right to be quite so patronising about the standard up there, especially given our history of plumbing the depths of playing standards!

As for HF, the most talented "individual" in the team, but also the most inconsistent.  Good luck to him,  I wish he'd been more prepared to get stuck in while he was here and won't miss him now he's not.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on January 03, 2016, 03:26:59 pm by BobG »
Hear hear Jonathan, Rios.  I think this thread is one of the most shameful I have ever read on this forum. The spread of the ignorance, of the lack of historical awareness, of the lack of reality and the patronising bullshit are downright scary. These people could be on a jury near you....

BobG

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on January 03, 2016, 04:14:30 pm by ravenrover »
Interesting how a sizeable number of you sound like the condescending Leeds fans you so despise.  Scottish football might not be in the rudest of health but it's a bit rich that TLO us(!) think we've the right to be quite so patronising about the standard up there, especially given our history of plumbing the depths of playing standards!

As for HF, the most talented "individual" in the team, but also the most inconsistent.  Good luck to him,  I wish he'd been more prepared to get stuck in while he was here and won't miss him now he's not.
Sorry to disagree but the most talented individual in the team is still with us and wearing the 26 shirt Now if HF had only the same application....... JMHO

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on January 03, 2016, 04:43:59 pm by roversdude »
I think the most talented individual is sat in the managers chair

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on January 03, 2016, 05:37:39 pm by northern soul »
The way I look at it is that he's gone now, probably wellens too. Add to this potentially chaplow (didn't DF get rid of him at Preston?), main and n'guessen, that would free up for some players that DF wants, and will fit his system. This is all potentially, but I would be happy with that. As I see it wages spent on players not fitting in with how we want to play or not the right ones for the manager are wasted. I accept that you need a squad and not everyone can play but if you have player earning a big chunk of your wage bill not playing then it is technically wasted. The ones DF has brought in have been of a decent quality, I appreciate that they are "only" loans but that's all he can do at the moment out of contract excluded, so I hope that continues. HF had a couple of good games while here, but his talent didn't show often enough for me. Good luck to the lad, especially if we have a sell on clause, but id prefer someone in who's going to contribute more on a regular basis.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on January 03, 2016, 05:50:17 pm by Campsall rover »
I agree with nearly all that Jonathan .. but not that HF has great talent .He never put two good games back to back did he  ?
Yes he does have very considerable talent it's just that he does not use it.
He is a difficult player to use because he is a luxury flair player and it's fitting him into a formation/system that most clubs will find difficult.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on January 03, 2016, 11:58:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It used to be called "humour" lads.

When someone comes on here claiming that Rangers are the WORLDS (sic) MOST SUCCESSFUL TEAM, it'd be dereliction of duty in a host not to join in that ridiculously OTT banter. You don't want him going back up there saying that we're a bunch of po-faced t**ts do you?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on January 04, 2016, 01:02:58 am by hoolahoop »
I don't think there's any doubting the Rangers fanbase. Huge club, steeped in tradition. The Scottish league has limited quality without doubt, but success is relative to the level you're at. I loved our Conference cups, play offs, lower division title wins and JPT Trophy wins. The day I accept the jibes of plastic Manchester United fans that they're not meaningful titles because they're not the PL, FA Cup or Champions League will be the day I give up with football altogether. For any of us to sit and criticise the significance of the competitions that Rangers have won down the years is pretty sad in my opinion. They're a Scottish club in the Scottish leagues, they're not going to win the EPL or FA Cup!

It's a great move for HF to a club that will inevitably be back in European competition before long, and he gets to showcase his talents every other week on a truly great stage at Ibrox. Good luck to him, he has great talent. That performance against Coventry at home the previous Boxing Day was right up there with any individual display you could wish to see. He was unplayable. The fact he has that in his locker shows exactly what he can do. The fact that it's so easy to pinpoint his top performances also explains why very few will lose sleep over his departure.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he goes on to be a huge success, but he definitely needs to get his attitude, focus and commitment right for that to be consistently achieved. Will be interested to see how he gets on, and equally glad that we've freed up a considerable space on the wage bill for someone that might actually play.

Have a lot of plastic Man U fans commented on this Jonathan or were they just good for a knock anyway ? I disagree , how you can possibly compare the titles won by Man U , Liverpool, Real  Madrid et al in hugely competitive leagues is quite frankly beyond me . Unusual because you are knocking invisible plastic ' non' fans to justify the hugeness of Rangers and their achievements in what realistically has been a 2 team league for over 100 years .
I'm just surprised that with their previous wherewithal that they didn't win a whole lot more.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on January 06, 2016, 12:02:17 pm by eastender »
Looks like Harry might have a bit more competition for a starting place.
 The mighty Rangers are on the verge of signing Midfielders  Matt Crooks & Josh Windass from Accrington Stanley.
That'll have the locals salivating.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on January 06, 2016, 12:12:20 pm by Filo »
They weren't too pleased about signing players from TLO Doncaster Rovers, what will they make of signings from TLO Accrington Stanley.......

P.S who are they? 😀

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on January 06, 2016, 12:32:35 pm by eastender »
They weren't too pleased about signing players from TLO Doncaster Rovers, what will they make of signings from TLO Accrington Stanley.......

P.S who are they? 😀

Both 21 ,Josh Widass son of Dean has scored 11 already this season already and has been attracting the attention of Arsenal.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 12:35:16 pm by eastender »

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on January 06, 2016, 12:35:26 pm by PopStander »
Is this fella any good?

Will be watching with interest. Perhaps you will let us know how it pans out !

The bloke looks to have the talent and ability to be a great Player and has changed games for us but could not / did not manage it again and again as the average fan like me would want to see

So for me the Jury is still out .... this move may be the making of him and good luck to him as he has everything (still) to play for. As for us I can see nothing but positives and as we have been without him for a fair while for reasons we can only guess at -  imo we will not miss him and have already "moved on" as a Team / Club

Ill let you's know, seem like a good set of lads on here (wasn't expecting nice replies to being a Rangers fan to be honest haha)
Were on track to move back to where we belong playing in the top tier again so hopefully he can add some more spark to the team!

It's Celtic we don't like!

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on January 06, 2016, 01:56:20 pm by Iberian Red »
Is this fella any good?

The bloke looks to have the talent and ability to be a great Player and has changed games for us but could not / did not manage it again and again as the average fan like me would want to see

So for me the Jury is still out .... this move may be the making of him and good luck to him as he has everything (still) to play for. As for us I can see nothing but positives and as we have been without him for a fair while for reasons we can only guess at -  imo we will not miss him and have already "moved on" as a Team / Club

Ill let you's know, seem like a good set of lads on here (wasn't expecting nice replies to being a Rangers fan to be honest haha)
Were on track to move back to where we belong playing in the top tier again so hopefully he can add some more spark to the team!

Sectarianism is so 80s,keep up lad.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on January 06, 2016, 05:46:36 pm by German Rover »
Is this fella any good?

Speak for yourself.

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on January 06, 2016, 07:29:55 pm by DRFC »
I think this thread is one of the most shameful I have ever read on this forum.
BobG

Bold claim.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on January 06, 2016, 09:27:07 pm by BobG »
Yes. And with reason.

BobG

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on January 06, 2016, 10:15:58 pm by sheffield exile1 »

Hope you are drinking a pint of milk while saying that!!

P.S who are they? 😀

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on January 07, 2016, 12:03:26 am by Sammy Chung was King »
We haven't really lost anything, because we never saw the best of Harry, we might rue it in the future though. The manager has taken the decision that's best for the whole team not just one individual.
There are a few interesting players at Rangers that could do a decent job for us.

1872TRUEBLUE

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on February 06, 2016, 06:02:28 pm by 1872TRUEBLUE »
Update : Not been great so far, showed a few glimpses but is very very quick. Hopefully more to come from him currently not hacking it though.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012